What makes a girl intimidating?

Options

Replies

• actingnurse1
    actingnurse1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of guys have weighed in lol. Here's my take. I'm not going to pretend to be super macho and like I'm fearless. Sometimes it can be quite intimidating to approach a woman. The hotter they are usually the harder it becomes - it's that fear of rejection kicking in. You just have to push past it and man up. If a man tells you that that's what he's saying - you seemed "out of his league" in one way or another so it made him assume you'd reject him without even giving you a chance to.

If its not looks based then the girl may come off super *****y just because she's having a bad day or something. First impressions are misleading sometimes.
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am almost ashamed to say it, but i have been told numerous times through my teens and now that I come across as intimidating.

Apparently this is because I am talkative and animated, sometimes loud, and quite blunt. I have tried in the past to make myself quieter and behave like a 'lady', but i have largely given up now, as it always comes out in the end. I think it makes me look confident and probably arrogant at times (I didnt say it was a good thing)

However, I wouldnt say this was for men only, as I have heard the same from women.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    When I was single I didn't approach women. I let them come to me. Less hassle and you know they are interested :smile:
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When they always yell "MOVE IT FOOTBALL HEAD!!"
    tumblr_lo93t0V2Br1qicoggo1_500.jpg
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    The more hot, the more difficult to approach. Plus, I never know if hey are already with someone. I hate when they say hey have a boyfriend or are married. So embarrassing.
    I think the absolute worst was the time I spent all night chatting up a girl and buying her drinks, then got old about her boyfriend when I asked for her number. That was the last night I ever bought a girl a drink.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    How intimidating a girl is usually comes down to how good or bad the last girl before that responded. It's kind of hard to feel motivated to approach a girl when the overwhelming majority of them seem completely uninterested in you just because of the way you look. It sucks but most women are pretty dismissive unless a guy is super good looking or falls in to whatever nonsense category of attractiveness she has thing for.
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it intimidating, but rather in my case I grow to try to judge a girl's personality based on how she projects her appearance. I've grown to associate things like wearing high heels regularly, extensively styled hair, jewelry, lots of accessories, and just in general sacrificing practicality for style in the way they dress with personality traits that, to me, are negatives, so I don't bother. I'd sooner approach a girl in a Thundercats t-shirt, jeans, sneakers, and no makeup than I would a girl who was dressed to impress.

EDIT: When a girl has something about her that makes one aware of common interests that makes approaches easy. I don't approach when I have nothing to talk about. But if I see a girl has something already in common with me before the approach, I have no qualms about approaching. Basically, I like it when a girl "wears" her hobbies. An example would be I ride motorcycles and I often wear my riding jacket as a casual jacket during cooler months. People who can tell a riding jacket apart from a regular one approach me for conversation regarding bikes. Same concept.

I get what youre saying completely, however, I have hair extensions, acryllic nails, and like wearing heels, and I would say that I am not superficial more than the next person is. I wear these things because I like them, and it makes me feel more confident, as sometimes other people and myself even, make me feel like dirt because im bigger.

Then again on other days ill wear converse (what make me look like 15 years old) and a band tshirt and a hoodie, but it makes no difference to my personality haha.

I'm not moaning because I totally see what youre saying and I would probably make a judgement myself if i saw a tantastic girl with stilellos and a tiny dress on
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Haha. I'm socially awkward and quite tall. I've definitely heard men tell me "Oh, well I thought you were a b1tch and you scared me". I think being shy, I might give off the "don't you dare talk to me" vibe and I also tend to just enjoy talking to my friends when I'm in bars. Height is also definitely a factor too. I don't think it's that dudes don't want to date me because I'm tall (if you correct me on that, I will throat punch you!). They usually think I only date taller guys, when in reality it doesn't matter.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    When the horns are showing through the hair.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Haha. I'm socially awkward and quite tall. I've definitely heard men tell me "Oh, well I thought you were a b1tch and you scared me". I think being shy, I might give off the "don't you dare talk to me" vibe and I also tend to just enjoy talking to my friends when I'm in bars. Height is also definitely a factor too. I don't think it's that dudes don't want to date me because I'm tall (if you correct me on that, I will throat punch you!). They usually think I only date taller guys, when in reality it doesn't matter.

Is it that dudes don't want to date you or they think you don't want to date them? Do you actually get turned down, and you think that's why?
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Lack of Liquor....

Hit the nail on the head! I think it has to do more with the guy than the girl ...

Also, what ACepero said.
  • mandrade4550
    Options
    I've never been told I'm intimidating...granted I smile at everyone all the time.
    Which is good, but some guys that approach me me are STRANGE! :happy:

So I'm trying not to smile as much, but that's hard.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    If she can drop a bigger duece than I can....I'm intimidated.

Or possibly in love, not quite sure.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    If they make eye contact. It's all over.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    From what I understand about the basics of flirting, it's not the guy who's making the first move but the girl, who has to display her receptiveness to the guy. This is done by glancing over a few times and smiling. Once this is done the guy has the a-okay to move in.
    However if that signal is not sent I can see where there might be some 'intimidation' factored in. Likewise if it's sent too over zealously. That's my guess anyways.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing that makes a girl intimidating is a guy with low self-esteem.
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    vascularity
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    A visible side arm.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Is it that dudes don't want to date you or they think you don't want to date them? Do you actually get turned down, and you think that's why?

I've heard the latter from guys, but the former could be true. OKC has these horrid statistics about how taller women get much fewer messages on their site. I don't get turned down because I don't ask. But I think it makes for being approached much less often. I think women dating shorter men is looked down upon (hehe), even though the majority of my longer-term relationships have been with men 3 - 4 inches shorter than me.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would love to know...........I'm a teddy bear i swear. I apparently have "swag" and guys/girls get intimidated. I'm really just a dork.....merp.