Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Options

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    op, this thread is dangerous to the average person who is struggling with their weight. u run 30 miles a week and lift weights so u can get away with these kind of snacks. the average moderately active person trying to loose weight cant do this. it would be more responsible to post why you are able to eat 800cal snacks daily. Are u just showing off?

This is 100% false. I am currently sedentary (recovering from surgery), and I eat ice cream and other snacks daily also. I fit them into my calorie allotment for the day, and I'm still losing.

The OP's point is that you don't have to demonize food that you enjoy eating to be successful. He didn't say that one should eat junk all day every day. It's not an "all or nothing" thing here.
    u r right. but this site is to help people who have problems eating too much. people who lack self control with food. i like to have a couple of beers after work. would it be responsible for me to post that on an alcoholics wed site. no. we all know about calories in vs. calories out. but people struggle with that. this post is not helping anybody.

This site is called My FITNESS Pal, not my diet pal, or my weight loss pal, my FITNESS pal. There are people here that are bulking, maintaining, cutting, training, just getting started, and don't even track anymore, just participate in the forums, etc. This site is not just for those who eat too much.

^^^ this

and it's for people who are in a perpetual cycle of eating too little, self deprivation, even self punishment, followed by rebound overeating or even bingeing, that makes them obese because they lose lean body mass doing crash diets then pile the fat on again when overeating and/or bingeing... realising that you actually can have pop tarts and ice cream (just keep it within your calories and macros and nourish your body properly with everything else that you eat) and still lose weight can potentially liberate a lot of people from that cycle. No-one has to give up foods that they love in order to lose weight. What they have to learn is what size portions they can have those foods in so as not to go over their daily calorie goals. A lot of people also need to realise that they can eat a few hundred calories more than they're actually eating, and not only still lose weight, but actually have better body composition and better health from doing so.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    op, this thread is dangerous to the average person who is struggling with their weight. u run 30 miles a week and lift weights so u can get away with these kind of snacks. the average moderately active person trying to loose weight cant do this. it would be more responsible to post why you are able to eat 800cal snacks daily. Are u just showing off?

This is 100% false. I am currently sedentary (recovering from surgery), and I eat ice cream and other snacks daily also. I fit them into my calorie allotment for the day, and I'm still losing.

The OP's point is that you don't have to demonize food that you enjoy eating to be successful. He didn't say that one should eat junk all day every day. It's not an "all or nothing" thing here.
    u r right. but this site is to help people who have problems eating too much. people who lack self control with food. i like to have a couple of beers after work. would it be responsible for me to post that on an alcoholics wed site. no. we all know about calories in vs. calories out. but people struggle with that. this post is not helping anybody.

This site is called My FITNESS Pal, not my diet pal, or my weight loss pal, my FITNESS pal. There are people here that are bulking, maintaining, cutting, training, just getting started, and don't even track anymore, just participate in the forums, etc. This site is not just for those who eat too much.

^^^ this

and it's for people who are in a perpetual cycle of eating too little, self deprivation, even self punishment, followed by rebound overeating or even bingeing, that makes them obese because they lose lean body mass doing crash diets then pile the fat on again when overeating and/or bingeing... realising that you actually can have pop tarts and ice cream (just keep it within your calories and macros and nourish your body properly with everything else that you eat) and still lose weight can potentially liberate a lot of people from that cycle. No-one has to give up foods that they love in order to lose weight. What they have to learn is what size portions they can have those foods in so as not to go over their daily calorie goals. A lot of people also need to realise that they can eat a few hundred calories more than they're actually eating, and not only still lose weight, but actually have better body composition and better health from doing so.

No. This site is for people who want to monitor their food and/or exercise. For whatever reason.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    No doubt I agree with you about too many calories! Pop Tarts are over processed food with no nutrients. Yuck! I do agree with treating yourself, but not everyday. You are what you eat! :-)

plenty of nutrients :bigsmile:

npnutrition.jpg

Not really considering all of the preservatives that are in them. I'll save my calories for clean nutritional foods. Thanks!

^ That.

I think it's perfectly okay to indulge every once and a while, but why do it with poptarts and ice cream when there are so many healthier options?

Yes, it has nutrients in it. But look at the ingredients. Why eat a strawberry poptart (or two, since most people eat both in the package) filled with this:

t5kupz.jpg

When you can eat real strawberries and actually KNOW what you're putting in your body? And if you absolutely want to eat a poptart, since yes cravings are normal, eat one. But I really don't think you should be putting that into your body every single day.

Lookit all 'dem b vitamins! Don't tell me they're bad for me. :laugh:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

^^^ this

No. This site is for people who want to monitor their food and/or exercise. For whatever reason.

did you read what I wrote? Or think I was saying it was *only* for people who are in that cycle? I was pointing out how this thread would benefit those particular people. Not saying it was only for them. I use this site to track calories while bulking or cutting.
  • lacurandera1
    Options

Really? Dangerous? Because he is making them eat it? I'm confused.

Additionally, he said he's always incorporated these foods. As a person who had 158 lbs to lose, I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say he didn't run any miles a week when he started. So? What was your point again?
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I got flamed in a thread apparently for my love of Pop Tarts the other day, it is nice to see I have friends among the masses!!! Red Velvet Pop Tarts are my go to but I am trying to track done the last of the Pumpkin Pie pop tarts but I am thinking I might have to turn to Amazon to give these bad boys a try.... Chocolate chip cookie dough though is running a close second to the Red Velvet....

FFS... now you guys are telling me there are pumpkin pie pop tarts??!!??!! Where besides amazon are you all getting these from? I want to try these but I"m not sure about the 'freshness" of ordering food from amazon.

Yea, I know... the chemicals will keep them good... but I've had stale pop tarts, and those things are NO BUENO!! Does Kroger, Meijer, or something like that carry these magical flavors???
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    No doubt I agree with you about too many calories! Pop Tarts are over processed food with no nutrients. Yuck! I do agree with treating yourself, but not everyday. You are what you eat! :-)

npnutrition.jpg

Not really considering all of the preservatives that are in them. I'll save my calories for clean nutritional foods. Thanks!

^ That.

I think it's perfectly okay to indulge every once and a while, but why do it with poptarts and ice cream when there are so many healthier options?

Yes, it has nutrients in it. But look at the ingredients. Why eat a strawberry poptart (or two, since most people eat both in the package) filled with this:

t5kupz.jpg

When you can eat real strawberries and actually KNOW what you're putting in your body? And if you absolutely want to eat a poptart, since yes cravings are normal, eat one. But I really don't think you should be putting that into your body every single day.

And folic acid!
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is ridiculous. People get so emotional over their junk food. No wonder we have an obesity epidemic in this county. Food has no emotions. Food will never love you back.

Also, I had some girlfriends who never loved me back, but that didn't stop me from loving them!! The judge and restraining order made it harder for me to love them...but I still love them...I still love them with an undying love...well..them..and Pop Tarts.

ahhhh unrequited love LOL
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I got flamed in a thread apparently for my love of Pop Tarts the other day, it is nice to see I have friends among the masses!!! Red Velvet Pop Tarts are my go to but I am trying to track done the last of the Pumpkin Pie pop tarts but I am thinking I might have to turn to Amazon to give these bad boys a try.... Chocolate chip cookie dough though is running a close second to the Red Velvet....

^^This guy right here has the results to back it up, just like the OP.

Apparently you can lose over 311 lbs and not deprive yourself of poptarts!

Fine, I'll be the guinea pig and eat nothing but pop tarts and gummi bears for the week while staying in my calories and see if I still lose.....I'm only doing it for everyone here though. Not because I want to... :)

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Gummi bears are bad for me too?!?!?! Oh, the humanity
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

npnutrition.jpg

^ That.

t5kupz.jpg

And folic acid!
    forget about the folic acid i eat it for the blue# 1. nice
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

FFS... now you guys are telling me there are pumpkin pie pop tarts??!!??!! Where besides amazon are you all getting these from? I want to try these but I"m not sure about the 'freshness" of ordering food from amazon.

Yea, I know... the chemicals will keep them good... but I've had stale pop tarts, and those things are NO BUENO!! Does Kroger, Meijer, or something like that carry these magical flavors???

I found the Red Velvet at Target. Last time I was shopping I thought about getting some again and they were gone! :sad:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    pumpkin-pie-pop-tarts_original.jpg
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Lol I bought the last of the red velvet ones at our big box stores here in my hometown they was limited edition so seasonal at best. Magerum said the Pumpkin pie ones came out around thanksgiving and I never found them in time in my area but he just scored several boxes at the dollar store where he lives.... He said to check the dollar stores cause when the limited edition ones get pulled from the big stores they get sent to the dollar stores..... The ones I found on Amazon are direct ship from amazon so at best a crap shoot on the expire date but was going to try it anyway would only be out 5 bucks with our Prime account (free shipping).... Hope that helps
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

they are one of the temporary specialty flavors. i've been looking for them myself, with no luck.
  • lacurandera1
    Options

Indeed, this site can even (and is) be for people who eat too little. Step out of the box, guys.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

they are one of the temporary specialty flavors. i've been looking for them myself, with no luck.

OP found the pumpkin pie ones at a 99 cent store! I'm checking mine the first chance I get. I bought mine at Wal Mart, and I wish I'd gotten more.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Just for the record.

Red Velvet Pop Tart & Red Velvet Cake Ben & Jerry's ice cream sammich came in at 630 cals.

Pumpkin Pie Pop Tart & Pumpkin Cheesecake Ben & Jerry's ice cream sammy came in at about 660 cals.

Best place to find the limited edition Pop Tarts after they leave the big stores is the dollar stores. They typically have 6-12 months left on their expiration date. Bought 20 boxes of Pumpkin Pie pop tarts Saturday.

Back in a bit, going to lunch to eat a pound of veggies and 1/2 pound of chicken.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Great partial information post and really no way to qualify that kind of diet. Most that live on that kind of sugar intake have energy level issues and other things that come up over time. But if it works for you, have at it. I'll stick to items with better, proven quality calories.

Cheers.

I qualify my diet with my weight loss, blood panels, & body composition thank you. Plus my ability to run 20k 3 days a week & lift the other days. Not to mention keep up with my 3 year old. (It's not all I eat geez)

Of course it isn't all you eat or do. You wouldn't have had such great success if it was. However, the point of your post was to get a rise out of people and solicit response. Had you said, I am able to eat pop tarts and ice cream almost daily as part of a a heavy exercise regiment and eating healthier overall, most people would be agreeing. And how boring is that kind of attention?

Cheers.

No they wouldn't, I've seen it too many times.

lol. Probably a 50/50 shot.
  • lacurandera1
    Options

again u r right. but some people cant control themselves, that is why there is a site like this. food addiction is real. i just hate the show off on this site. Oh look at me i got a six pack, oh look at me i bench 400lbs. oh look at me i run marathons. just my 2 cents. good luck on ur fitness journey.

Some (read: lots) of people are inspired by the dude who benches 400 lbs. Or the gal who squats 250 at 150 body weight. Or the chick who completes a triathlon. For the most part, idt these "braggarts" you're talking about are really bragging. (Some are. Yes. Most aren't.) A lot of us went from doing nothing (literally, nothing) to being able to run 10 miles, or...fill in the blank with whatever activity.

You sound jealous. Maybe you should consider your own fitness goals.