Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Options

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I got flamed in a thread apparently for my love of Pop Tarts the other day, it is nice to see I have friends among the masses!!! Red Velvet Pop Tarts are my go to but I am trying to track done the last of the Pumpkin Pie pop tarts but I am thinking I might have to turn to Amazon to give these bad boys a try.... Chocolate chip cookie dough though is running a close second to the Red Velvet....
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    OP you must have missed my response to the other pop tart thread last week regarding beaver secretions being used as "natural" strawberry flavoring. Hope you're a bigger fan of the brown sugar cinnamon variety. :drinker:

isn't that raspberry, not strawberry?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    op, this thread is dangerous to the average person who is struggling with their weight. u run 30 miles a week and lift weights so u can get away with these kind of snacks. the average moderately active person trying to loose weight cant do this. it would be more responsible to post why you are able to eat 800cal snacks daily. Are u just showing off?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wait..... you is SERIOUS! :noway:

We only have boring flavoured pop tarts in the UK, no cinnamon or red velvet ones :sad:

Might have to have a pop tart ice cream sandwich on Weds as my birthday treat :happy:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    op, this thread is dangerous to the average person who is struggling with their weight. u run 30 miles a week and lift weights so u can get away with these kind of snacks. the average moderately active person trying to loose weight cant do this. it would be more responsible to post why you are able to eat 800cal snacks daily. Are u just showing off?

This is 100% false. I am currently sedentary (recovering from surgery), and I eat ice cream and other snacks daily also. I fit them into my calorie allotment for the day, and I'm still losing.

The OP's point is that you don't have to demonize food that you enjoy eating to be successful. He didn't say that one should eat junk all day every day. It's not an "all or nothing" thing here.

Exactly. Letting "new people" know that you do not have cut out all the good foods and still make it work is actually helpful. To many people develop orthorexia or feel they have cut out entire food groups or eat "clean" to make this work. That is why MANY of them fall off the wagon, yoyo diet or just fail completely. Learn to fit your favorite food into a balanced diet=long term success.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Nearly daily English Muffins and butter here. Soooo happy! :drinker:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

This is 100% false. I am currently sedentary (recovering from surgery), and I eat ice cream and other snacks daily also. I fit them into my calorie allotment for the day, and I'm still losing.

The OP's point is that you don't have to demonize food that you enjoy eating to be successful. He didn't say that one should eat junk all day every day. It's not an "all or nothing" thing here.
    actually he/she said he/she eats junk everyday and to "flame on". Thats not healthy or productive to anyone's goals here. He/she was just starting trouble, IMO.

OlrtGIh.gif
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, DO NOT EAT THE POP TART INTO THE SHAPE OF A GUN!!!

Serious consequences for playing cowboys and indians with pastry. Serious.

And good for you OP :)

So true. You may get suspended from school like a 7 year old kid did, get fired from work or whatever. lol
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is ridiculous. People get so emotional over their junk food. No wonder we have an obesity epidemic in this county. Food has no emotions. Food will never love you back.

Seeing as the OP is not obese I fail to see how the foods are to blame for obesity.

And thank you for proving the very point they were trying to make.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Ice cream - every day.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    My go-to choice is the Mapley Brown Sugar, but I also bought a big box of Strawberry Oatmeal ones. Don't eat every day, but will once all my macro floors have been hit.

I just bought a box of the mapley brown sugar to eat with my honey flavored frozen Greek yogurt. It didn't go as well with the chocolate fudge Pop Tarts as I thought it would. I figure it's gotta be good with brown sugar and cinnamon, like the fried ice cream you get at a Mexican restaurant. :smile:

Also, for the people who think you can't eat something that's "not good for you", I weigh my ice cream, I don't just plop a huge scoop out and eat it like I would have before I learned how to eat properly. I generally have enough room at the end of the day, and less than a full serving of ice cream is still enough to get my fix.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is ridiculous. People get so emotional over their junk food. No wonder we have an obesity epidemic in this county. Food has no emotions. Food will never love you back.

I'm sorry for your county. We have an obesity epidemic in our whole country, so I feel your pain.

Also, I had some girlfriends who never loved me back, but that didn't stop me from loving them!! The judge and restraining order made it harder for me to love them...but I still love them...I still love them with an undying love...well..them..and Pop Tarts.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

I'm actually on a campaign against othorexia. Which I had fallen victim to while loosing weight.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    :frown: :sad: Oh NO! All this talk about junk food is making me want to binge. :sad: Oh help....help.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Exactly. Letting "new people" know that you do not have cut out all the good foods and still make it work is actually helpful. To many people develop orthorexia or feel they have cut out entire food groups or eat "clean" to make this work. That is why MANY of them fall off the wagon, yoyo diet or just fail completely.

I was one of those people early on. Total failure for almost a year trying be "perfect" instead of "realistic" in my goals. A lot of us here have been down that road only to turn back and start over with more reasonable expectations for ourselves.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    breaking news, you can still eat crap within your set calories :yawn:

Was this found on CSTV? (Common Sense Television) :) Well anyway...true dat!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    We only have boring flavoured pop tarts in the UK, no cinnamon or red velvet ones :sad:
    Not true. The first place I saw Red Velvet PopTarts was in a mall in Leicester in January. There was an "American food" store of some kind, and they had an entire wall of PopTarts in various flavors, including Red Velvet. Since we were on our way home after being out of the States for six months, we didn't buy any--but that's how I knew to look them up when I got home.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

u r right. but this site is to help people who have problems eating too much. people who lack self control with food. i like to have a couple of beers after work. would it be responsible for me to post that on an alcoholics wed site. no. we all know about calories in vs. calories out. but people struggle with that. this post is not helping anybody.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

actually he/she said he/she eats junk everyday and to "flame on". Thats not healthy or productive to anyone's goals here. He/she was just starting trouble, IMO.

OlrtGIh.gif
    \
    tumblr_mgpdovOuhy1qk6bfno1_500.gif
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I got flamed in a thread apparently for my love of Pop Tarts the other day, it is nice to see I have friends among the masses!!! Red Velvet Pop Tarts are my go to but I am trying to track done the last of the Pumpkin Pie pop tarts but I am thinking I might have to turn to Amazon to give these bad boys a try.... Chocolate chip cookie dough though is running a close second to the Red Velvet....

^^This guy right here has the results to back it up, just like the OP.

Apparently you can lose over 311 lbs and not deprive yourself of poptarts!