Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, DO NOT EAT THE POP TART INTO THE SHAPE OF A GUN!!!

Serious consequences for playing cowboys and indians with pastry. Serious.

And good for you OP :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your Diabetes and Autoimmune Disease. Processed foods have been proven to contribute to them.

Ice Cream and Poptarts sound delish ................ just not everyday delish

Sugar! Consumption of sucrose and high fructose corn syrup does not increase liver fat or ectopic fat deposition in muscles http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/pdf/10.1139/apnm-2012-0322

Your point is invalid.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I love how people can see that the OP has lost 158 FREAKING POUNDS, and then on top of that see people like Sara, SideSteel, 1CG, etc. who look amazing, and still debate the point.

tumblr_mbehpeFyyE1renkn2o1_500.gif
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    No doubt I agree with you about too many calories! Pop Tarts are over processed food with no nutrients. Yuck! I do agree with treating yourself, but not everyday. You are what you eat! :-)

plenty of nutrients :bigsmile:

npnutrition.jpg

Not really considering all of the preservatives that are in them. I'll save my calories for clean nutritional foods. Thanks!

pop tarts are clean. unless you drop them. then you have the 3-second rule to worry about, but if you pick them up in time, they're still clean.
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I completely understand...just cut down on the dirty foods and a good weight is reachable! :)
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    I love how people can see that the OP has lost 158 FREAKING POUNDS, and then on top of that see people like Sara, SideSteel, 1CG, etc. who look amazing, and still debate the point.

tumblr_mbehpeFyyE1renkn2o1_500.gif

logic doesn't work on orthorexics.

BTW, for all the low-reading comprehension people out there... orthorexia =/= anorexia. they are 2 completely different things!!!!!!!!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    9227d1359569341-another-dead-horse-thread-deadhorse.jpg
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your Diabetes and Autoimmune Disease. Processed foods have been proven to contribute to them.

:noway: You don't get autoimmune diseases from pop tarts, especially the autoimmune variant of diabetes (type 1).

True, eat 5000 calories of white potatoes every day, and you too might put yourself at greater risk type 2 diabetes. But, another person who does the exact same thing might not.

I do know the increased amout of sugar of a Poptart Icecream Sandwich will cause hallucinations. A reported number of people have seen glittery Unicorns in weird places due to the sprinkles of a Poptart alone. I read that on the internet, so it has to be true. ;)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    158 pound lost?
    Good for you, but no surpise how those pounds got there in the first place.

When you lose more, you will have to reduce calories somewhat.

not true. I ate more and more calories the closer I got to goal. I have a fast metabolism (that's due to how I eat and exercise, not genetics, btw) and maintain my weight easily without tracking. I only track when bulking or cutting.

The leaner you get, the more risk there is that you'll lose lean body mass along with the fat and this slows the metabolism, so a very obese person can eat at quite a big deficit, while a lean person should only have a very conservative deficit. It is true that as your bodyweight goes down, there is a small degree of slowing of the metabolism due to loss of fat tissue, but this is kept to a bare minimum by protecting yourself against lean body mass losses which result in a proportionally greater slowing of the metabolism. And the amount you'd have to reduce the calories by to account for this, is offset by the fact that as you get closer to goal, you need to make the deficit smaller.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I like this thread.

I usually have at least 1 item that I will loosely label as junk food for simplicity even though I'm well aware of the ambiguity.

Typically it's ice cream when cutting. When bulking I have the calorie space to do both ice cream and poptarts :)
    You can't eat ice cream while cutting!1!!1!1!!!! You can't you can't you can't!!!1! :bigsmile:

Great post. I love seeing people with 50+ pounds lost on their ticker being told how they should eat by people with 0 pounds lost on their ticker. And of course, the orthorexics who totally miss the point. Context and dosage. Context and dosage. Context and dosage.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ok, I may or may not be missing the point of this post... so if I am... please don't hate me!

BUT! I do indulge in some soda every now and then and have still managed to loose weight! Processed foods too. Now, I don't eat/drink all of that every day all day like I used to, but I really do think you can still enjoy the yummy & easy stuff in life every now and then and still loose weight!

Nope - you did not miss the point at all, unlike many.
  • Chellellelle
    Chellellelle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    No doubt I agree with you about too many calories! Pop Tarts are over processed food with no nutrients. Yuck! I do agree with treating yourself, but not everyday. You are what you eat! :-)

plenty of nutrients :bigsmile:

npnutrition.jpg

Not really considering all of the preservatives that are in them. I'll save my calories for clean nutritional foods. Thanks!

^ That.

I think it's perfectly okay to indulge every once and a while, but why do it with poptarts and ice cream when there are so many healthier options?

Yes, it has nutrients in it. But look at the ingredients. Why eat a strawberry poptart (or two, since most people eat both in the package) filled with this:

t5kupz.jpg

When you can eat real strawberries and actually KNOW what you're putting in your body? And if you absolutely want to eat a poptart, since yes cravings are normal, eat one. But I really don't think you should be putting that into your body every single day.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I completely understand...just cut down on the dirty foods and a good weight is reachable! :)

This is essentially it, but people will naturally exclude the middle and think OP was recommending that everyone eat a diet composed of exclusively pop tarts.

A little junk food included in an otherwise nutrient dense diet of appropriate calories/macros will produce amazing results.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    Ok, I may or may not be missing the point of this post... so if I am... please don't hate me!

BUT! I do indulge in some soda every now and then and have still managed to loose weight! Processed foods too. Now, I don't eat/drink all of that every day all day like I used to, but I really do think you can still enjoy the yummy & easy stuff in life every now and then and still loose weight!

not missing the point at all... in fact, you got the point of the thread.

you should celebrate with a pop tart. :flowerforyou:
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    For real people...

where in the blue hell are you all finding red velvet pop tarts? I'm in SE Michigan and I've been all over my area. They. Do. Not. Exist!!!

I want to try them very badly. Maybe add them to my diet on the regular if they are as good I as imagine them to be. Which is like reliving my wedding day, college graduation, and tasting scotch for the first time all rolled into a foil packet.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    My kind of peeps. Had me a Cadbury Creme egg last night but my most favorite is chocolate chip banana muffins. Ate them almost everyday while on my last cut.

Is it just me or are the people that indulge a little everyday just seem a little healthier...you know mentally? : )
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I eat the same foods during a cut as I do maintenance - which means pop tarts, gelato, cookies, etc.. I rather save my sanity, thanks!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

This is essentially it, but people will naturally exclude the middle and think OP was recommending that everyone eat a diet composed of exclusively pop tarts.

A little junk food included in an otherwise nutrient dense diet of appropriate calories/macros will produce amazing results.

My diary is open and no one seems to have looked. Do I eat this daily? Pretty much daily, but I also eat a couple pounds of vegetables and 1.5-2 lbs of chicken breast as well... etc... (Not even going to mention daily exercise.)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or are the people that indulge a little everyday just seem a little healthier...you know mentally? : )
    Excellent point.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Ice Cream and Poptarts sound delish ................ just not everyday delish

Sugar! Consumption of sucrose and high fructose corn syrup does not increase liver fat or ectopic fat deposition in muscles http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/pdf/10.1139/apnm-2012-0322

Your point is invalid.
    are you saying high fructose corn syrup is healthy?