Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Options

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i always have ice cream on my shopping list, but I always forget the pop tarts, thanks for reminding me.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    but why do that? why replace necessary nutrients with sugar and why feed your sugar addiction at all?

Maybe the OP doesn't HAVE a sugar addiction ...
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sorry...I hate pop tarts...but I LOVE ICE CREAM and eat it pretty much daily.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    but why do that? why replace necessary nutrients with sugar and why feed your sugar addiction at all?

I don't think anyone here who is saying they eat those things is losing any "necessary nutrients". Indeed, the friends I have on here who eat reasonable calories at a moderate deficit and eat treats with moderation are the ones who are enjoying long term successes.

Who wants to live in a world where they can never have a brownie or ice cream again?

And, of course you can't be on a 1200 calorie diet and eat much of these things and still get what you need. But you can on a 1900 calorie diet. Or, my favorite, a 2500 calorie diet.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    *pulls out shopping list and adds Poptarts*

I'm so damn excited.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    charlie sheen is jealous of you!

ETA: also, inb4 the toaster strudel cultists arrive!

TOASTER STRUDEL FO' LIFE.

In fairness, the only reason I prefer Toaster Strudel is because I get to be 5 all over again and draw designs with the icing.

Or, ya know...just eat the icing straight from the packet.

I second this. The elitists have arrived. Strudels are where it's at.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Alas, they don't make gluten-free pop tarts. :sad:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Great partial information post and really no way to qualify that kind of diet. Most that live on that kind of sugar intake have energy level issues and other things that come up over time. But if it works for you, have at it. I'll stick to items with better, proven quality calories.

Cheers.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

There are plenty of necessary nutrients in both pop tarts and ice cream. Plus I do eat other food.
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...now I want pop tarts! They will be making an appearance in my week. :bigsmile:
  • alien52574
    alien52574 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No doubt I agree with you Jxnsmma about too many calories! Pop Tarts are over processed food with no nutrients. Yuck! I do agree with treating yourself, but not everyday. You are what you eat! :-)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I like this thread.

I usually have at least 1 item that I will loosely label as junk food for simplicity even though I'm well aware of the ambiguity.

Typically it's ice cream when cutting. When bulking I have the calorie space to do both ice cream and poptarts :)

It didnt make you bulky?
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I did eat a pop tart for breakfast, though.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

oh she surely does or she wouldnt eat that stuff everyday
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    what's a pop tart?
    thanks

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpUwaD_pJr7SKTpKjklUd4DBzoh5WFa-eWfo5bqOXeBlNr8ak6Sg
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

not-sure-if-srs.gif
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    in to watch the fireworks :flowerforyou:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Oh Crap. Does anyone have the number of a therapist who can help me with my apparent chicken addiction?
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

I hope there is some sarcasm in here....
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Great partial information post and really no way to qualify that kind of diet. Most that live on that kind of sugar intake have energy level issues and other things that come up over time. But if it works for you, have at it. I'll stick to items with better, proven quality calories.

Cheers.

I qualify my diet with my weight loss, blood panels, & body composition thank you. Plus my ability to run 20k 3 days a week & lift the other days. Not to mention keep up with my 3 year old. (It's not all I eat geez)