Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    No doubt I agree with you about too many calories! Pop Tarts are over processed food with no nutrients. Yuck! I do agree with treating yourself, but not everyday. You are what you eat! :-)

They have plenty of nutrients, random baseless hate.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    but why do that? why replace necessary nutrients with sugar and why feed your sugar addiction at all?

1). It's quite possible that nutrient needs are already being met with the remainder of the diet at which point the inclusion of some ice cream isn't robbing the individual of necessary nutrients.

2). Because taste buds >>> orthorexia.
  • magerum
    Options
    but why do that? why replace necessary nutrients with sugar and why feed your sugar addiction at all?

Maybe the OP doesn't HAVE a sugar addiction ...

oh she surely does or she wouldnt eat that stuff everyday

Not really, I eat it because it's delicious. Thanks.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Instead of making a sandwich, I just put a toasted oatmeal strawberry Pop Tart in a bowl with a scoop of strawberries & cream ice cream and had Pop Tart a la mode. The oatmeal ones seem to fall apart too easily.

I will find those red velvet Pop Tarts if it's the last thing I do!

we have those in Colorado.

:laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Maybe the OP doesn't HAVE a sugar addiction ...

oh she surely does or she wouldnt eat that stuff everyday

I eat ice-cream every day. I also drink milk every day..I also eat greek yogurt and berries every day....and so and so on and so on.

I love it when people miss context. You can get your nutrients from...you know...the other food you eat...go figure!
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Craving pop tarts now. haha. I have been eating a bag of peanut m&ms the last couple of days and have lost weight. Woot
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    Great partial information post and really no way to qualify that kind of diet. Most that live on that kind of sugar intake have energy level issues and other things that come up over time. But if it works for you, have at it. I'll stick to items with better, proven quality calories.

Cheers.

thanks for weighing in, Judgey McJudgerson.

angry-judge.jpeg
  • tnixon119
    tnixon119 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Red Velvet pop tarts? Where did you find those?
  • JAROQUANDO
    JAROQUANDO Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Years ago, when I was doing Slim-Fast, I compared the nutritional values to Pop Tarts. Pretty much the same, at least from my recollection. Much tastier, too...Makes me want to go get a box or two.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    No doubt I agree with you about too many calories! Pop Tarts are over processed food with no nutrients. Yuck! I do agree with treating yourself, but not everyday. You are what you eat! :-)

plenty of nutrients :bigsmile:

npnutrition.jpg
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Can you be my best friend????
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

npnutrition.jpg

That looks like all kinds of delicious nutrients! A little bit of everything in there
  • magerum
    Options

npnutrition.jpg

You sir, I like.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    Sorry...I hate pop tarts...but I LOVE ICE CREAM and eat it pretty much daily.

i have a solution for your problem.

break the pop tarts into small pieces and use them as "spoons" for your ice cream.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

Frosted Strawberrry Poptarts are now added to my grocery list!!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I would kill for the ice cream sammich in your profile pic, OP.

NOM NOM NOM
  • jamiesueaustin
    Options
    HEY! LOOK! I don't know you, but your ticker says 1lb to go and I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!:flowerforyou:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    158 pound lost?
    Good for you, but no surpise how those pounds got there in the first place.

When you lose more, you will have to reduce calories somewhat.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Reported for delicious misinformation. The only healthy way to do this is to scrape out the fruit filling, and put it on the ice cream. Throw away the bread because carbs = satan. Fruit and milk on the other hand are healthy and nutritious.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I have gelato and wine almost daily. Losing weight has never been more delicious.