Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    158 pound lost?
    Good for you, but no surpise how those pounds got there in the first place.

When you lose more, you will have to reduce calories somewhat.

What kind of backhanded compliment was that?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    158 pound lost?

Funny, I only have about 15 lbs to go and I get away with it just fine.

ETA: the OP has lost 158 lbs and has zero pounds to go. Your point is invalid.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    but why do that? why replace necessary nutrients with sugar and why feed your sugar addiction at all?

Maybe the OP doesn't HAVE a sugar addiction ...

oh she surely does or she wouldnt eat that stuff everyday

Oh Crap. Does anyone have the number of a therapist who can help me with my apparent chicken addiction?

I clearly have a food addiction.
  • alien52574
    alien52574 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No doubt I agree with you about too many calories! Pop Tarts are over processed food with no nutrients. Yuck! I do agree with treating yourself, but not everyday. You are what you eat! :-)

plenty of nutrients :bigsmile:

npnutrition.jpg

Not really considering all of the preservatives that are in them. I'll save my calories for clean nutritional foods. Thanks!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have gelato and wine almost daily. Losing weight has never been more delicious.
    Please tell me you blend them together as a smoothie. Because that would be pure awesome.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your Diabetes and Autoimmune Disease. Processed foods have been proven to contribute to them.

Ice Cream and Poptarts sound delish ................ just not everyday delish
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the "eat what you want." I cut chocolate out of my diet when I started counting calories. Then I realized the cravings were killing me. Now I eat chocolate every day. Moderation, folks!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    I have gelato and wine almost daily. Losing weight has never been more delicious.
    Please tell me you blend them together as a smoothie. Because that would be pure awesome.

Nah, I do have them at the same time, sometimes, though. You know... cause I actually want to enjoy them. ;)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    (Applauds) I started putting ice cream in my shakes. No turning back!

Omg you can do that?
  • mikki629
    mikki629 Posts: 37
    Options
    Ok, I may or may not be missing the point of this post... so if I am... please don't hate me!

BUT! I do indulge in some soda every now and then and have still managed to loose weight! Processed foods too. Now, I don't eat/drink all of that every day all day like I used to, but I really do think you can still enjoy the yummy & easy stuff in life every now and then and still loose weight!
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You have sabotaged my weight loss journey with your profile photo of a pop tart and ice cream sandwich. This is a trigger for me, a trigger that is pulled any time I see an image of food.
    When I see these sorts of things, I lose total control of myself (except the amount of control, obviously, that I need to get into my car and drive to the store, select "unhealthy" foods and patiently wait to check out and then return home and prepare them.)
    I eat them all. I think the very notion that you have chosen to force me to do this to myself is enraging and nauseating. Unfortunately, anger and nausea are also triggers, so If you'll excuse me, I have to go to the store.
    With love,
    Burt

^This, you sicko op!
  • alien52574
    alien52574 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your Diabetes and Autoimmune Disease. Processed foods have been proven to contribute to them.

No Doubt! No Thanks!
  • Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108
    Options
    If this is the dietary advice I should expect from this board, this is not the site for me I think.

Pop Tarts? Ice Cream? M&Ms? Is this one of those parody websites?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

lololol
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    3 words: brown sugar cinnamon.:heart:

^this

And a 4th important word: frosted.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If this is the dietary advice I should expect from this board, this is not the site for me I think.

Pop Tarts? Ice Cream? M&Ms? Is this one of those parody websites?

Has anyone advised you to eat these items in this thread?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    158 pound lost?

I eat ice cream every day....your point?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    158 pound lost?

Uh thanks for the back handed compliment. I currently maintain @ ~ 4100 calories daily and am not looking to lose more. 5'10, 187lbs. Move along.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

:noway: You don't get autoimmune diseases from pop tarts, especially the autoimmune variant of diabetes (type 1).

True, eat 5000 calories of white potatoes every day, and you too might put yourself at greater risk type 2 diabetes. But, another person who does the exact same thing might not.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

lololol

Yeah, that was my response, too.