Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Ummm...you people know that you're arguing about freakin Pop Tarts right...and like regular rectangle shaped ones...not ones chewed into the shape of that evil killer "The Gun"

Eat a freakin Pop Tart if you want to eat a Pop Tart...otherwise...don't. If you don't like them eat a toaster strudel...if you don't like that evil "dirty foods" fine, go eat some grass and berries.

Sometimes it sounds like some of you people need medication, and for all of you "clean eaters" who are against all the evils of processed foods and crap...move to Colorado and chill on some natural herbs.

Breath people...breath! It's all going to be ok.

Also...because it's the internet and cat pictures and stuff...

jazz_hands_cat_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

Now...someone said Sugar Cookie Pop Tarts earlier....

You sir, again... I just like you. FR.

Spelling.
  • Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108
    Options
    I get the feeling that CoachReddy has gone tens of thousands of rounds with you guys.

Yes, a Porsche will run on the cheapest fuel. But why pour the low end stuff into the tank in the first place? Oh, it's cheaper.

Or "easier", in human terms.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Alright. I've made my point here. Y'all know what I'm saying. You can agree, or not. Up to you.

:flowerforyou:

You had a point?

:drinker:

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    > 1 Year Consecutive Logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • Just2Bhappy
    Just2Bhappy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat Pop Tarts and ice cream daily. I'm able to lose weight and/or maintain while doing this, without issue. My blood panels are absolutely great. Just wanted to share; you can eat what you want and hit your goals. Proceed to flame and hate. Thank you.
    no **** because you eat 4,000 calories so the ice cream and pop tarts make up a very small % of your calories.

in someone eating 1200 or 1600 or even 2000 calories, they make up a much larger percentage of intake - and thus are more of a problem. lol

I don't see where my caloric intake came into this? When I eat less calories, I eat less pop tarts and ice cream. I don't stop all together. The point?

how many pop tarts do you eat daily (on average)?

2 most days. My diary's open. The last couple days are a bad example, been hitting 4 or so.

perfect. so you unwrap one package and eat them both right?

so does everyone else.

in a 4,000 cal diet that doesn't make any difference.

in a 1,200 cal diet, that same two pop tarts makes a significant difference.

So if you on a 1,200 diet only eat 1. :) You can have your tart and eat it too. :D Moderation.

and what do you do with the other one? have you ever heard of someone not eating both pop tarts? ever?

I believe that is why I have zip lock sandwich bags.... Sometimes both doesn't fit into my calorie goals......

IF I had self control i'd stick it in the freezer for tomorrow. I'm just saying you can make it work if you really want to. I wouldn't want 1/4 my calories coming from tarts. LOL I also agree about the malnourished part, plenty of obese people who are malnourished.

OM MY GOD. Why am I not freezing some Pop Tarts??!?!?!?!?! Thank you.

Frozen is my favorite way to eat them.
  • magerum
    Options
    I get the feeling that CoachReddy has gone tens of thousands of rounds with you guys.

Yes, a Porsche will run on the cheapest fuel. But why pour the low end stuff into the tank in the first place? Oh, it's cheaper.

Actually it wont run. The timing will be all off and the cylinders will destroy the valves. Just sayin'.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Kelloggs Pastry Crisps: The smaller version of poptarts for those of us who can't only eat one...only 100 calories for a pack!!

The brown sugar cinnamon ones taste just like brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts!! YUM :)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

Actually it wont run. The timing will be all off and the cylinders will destroy the valves. Just sayin'.

Somebody thinks they are a Porsche. :tongue: If I put premium in my Datsun will it become a Ferrari?
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

Somebody thinks they are a Porsche. :tongue: If I put premium in my Datsun will it become a Ferrari?

***Still laughing at this. Well done sir. Well done.
  • magerum
    Options
    Kelloggs Pastry Crisps: The smaller version of poptarts for those of us who can't only eat one...only 100 calories for a pack!!

The brown sugar cinnamon ones taste just like brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts!! YUM :)

They're not quite the same, but they're good you're right.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I eat Pop Tarts and ice cream daily. I'm able to lose weight and/or maintain while doing this, without issue. My blood panels are absolutely great. Just wanted to share; you can eat what you want and hit your goals. Proceed to flame and hate. Thank you.

Correction: YOU can eat what you want and hit your goals.. Good for you. Do what works for you. But there are those of us who simply will not have enough calories to actually get enough nutrition with such decadence. The whole "eat more to lose weight" works for some people but for others it does not.. I spent a year working with a nutritionist and we wound up having to go very low on calories before I started losing... EVERY BODY IS DIFFERENT.

Also, you created a post to brag about how you can eat Pop Tarts and ice cream? Does it somehow make you superior?
  • jamiesueaustin
    Options
    Seriously, 1345 calories burned from exercise and peeps are ragging on the OP for pop-tarts? I can barely do 30 minutes a day! OP YOU ARE MY HERO!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Can someone please come to my house and make these for me?

http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/gluten-free-pop-tarts/

This thread is seriously making me crave poptarts but my gluten intolerance is cruel and I'm terrible at baking.
    I'll give you just about anything. :wink:

If you can find a gluten free pie crust (I don't know if you can pick them up frozen like you can the ones with gluten), you can just take that, cut it into whatever shape you want and put whatever jelly, pie filling, jam you like and put the top on, push the edges together and put in the over for a few minutes. I do that sometimes for the kids.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Dear Magerum,

I have never eaten a Pop Tart in my life, in fact I don't think I've ever seen one. Please can you recommend which flavour/s I should try first (ideally available in the UK). I always make room for something nice in my macros (today was Maltesers and wine day - I went for a run in a snowstorm this afternoon then picked up some big weights when I got back so I definitely earned them) and from all the passion shown on this forum from fans, I think Pop Tarts might be something I need to add to my diary.

Yours,

SRH7
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't like pop tarts just too sweet for me, but this thread is awesome :drinker: Some people just don't get it. People need to stop categorizing food as "good" or "bad' when are you going to learn...Moderation, Moderation, Moderation.

I'd like to take a minute to thank the OP. Your thread kept me LOL at my desk. I've spewed water all over my desk. Well it needed a good wash anyways.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

we all start out as Datsuns, but with the right upgrades and the right fuel, we've all got Ferrari potential.

you just have to want it and be willing to do the work. :smile:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    WORST METAPHOR EVER.
  • magerum
    Options

Dear Magerum,

I have never eaten a Pop Tart in my life, in fact I don't think I've ever seen one. Please can you recommend which flavour/s I should try first (ideally available in the UK). I always make room for something nice in my macros (today was Maltesers and wine day - I went for a run in a snowstorm this afternoon then picked up some big weights when I got back so I definitely earned them) and from all the passion shown on this forum from fans, I think Pop Tarts might be something I need to add to my diary.

Yours,

SRH7

Dear SRH7,

I am not sure what's available in the UK, but Amazon can ship you any flavor you wish! I would recommend these:

Red Velvet
    Pumpkin Pie
    Brown Sugar Cinnamon Frosted (old school!)

Start with those, there are many other good flavors too... (S'mores, cookie dough, Apple Cinnamon Muffin...)

Cheers!
  • magerum
    Options
    I don't like pop tarts just too sweet for me, but this thread is awesome :drinker: Some people just don't get it. People need to stop categorizing food as "good" or "bad' when are you going to learn...Moderation, Moderation, Moderation.

I'd like to take a minute to thank the OP. Your thread kept me LOL at my desk. I've spewed water all over my desk. Well it needed a good wash anyways.

You, you get it :)
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    WORST METAPHOR EVER.

i like cheesy metaphors. :smile:

optimism y'all. works wonders.
  • jamiesueaustin
    Options
    WORST METAPHOR EVER.

I hadn't seen a Datsun before. Cute little buggers.