Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I purposely avoided pt1 because I like being fashionably late.

I'm so down for some ice cream and pop tarts, though.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I maintain my original stance that Toaster Strudel is superior, if only for the icing drawings.

I've never seen S'mores Toaster Strudel.

There were, but they were apparently limited edition.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i'm going to buy pop tarts and toaster strudels this evening. i will perform experiments. but these experiments will be biased.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Back for round two..
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I maintain my original stance that Toaster Strudel is superior, if only for the icing drawings.

Apparently, you weren't looking hard enough

EEbmGDK.jpg

vJxHc3Q.jpg
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Moderation is not eating something every day.

There is no way i could eat pop tarts daily. For me it's not just about calories, my approach to weight loss is holistic and I am interest in ALL my Macros, not just calories.

If you are happy and it works for you , that's great. Personally I prefer to use good quality fuel in my engine. :)

I ALWAYS hit my macros too.

what about your micros?

I was addressing the comment that the poster hits ALL her macros - how about you ask her the same thing, hey poppet?

I am interested in my macros, I don't always hit them perfect.

I am not getting on my high horse as per the original thread :frown: I am just saying that I prefer to eat minimally processed foods. I can't eat pop tarts anyway as they are not gluten free.

Like I said, if it works for the OP and they are happy that's cool, I was just giving my opinion. :flowerforyou:
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You guys ice cream makes me poop.

I know. When that one chick was like "I use ice cream in my coffee as creamer everyday" all I could think was:

tumblr_ltloi6erkQ1qg6rkio1_500.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Moderation is not eating something every day.

There is no way i could eat pop tarts daily. For me it's not just about calories, my approach to weight loss is holistic and I am interest in ALL my Macros, not just calories.

If you are happy and it works for you , that's great. Personally I prefer to use good quality fuel in my engine. :)

I ALWAYS hit my macros too.

what about your micros?

I was addressing the comment that the poster hits ALL her macros - how about you ask her the same thing, hey poppet?

I am interested in my macros, I don't always hit them perfect.

I am not getting on my high horse as per the original thread :frown: I am just saying that I prefer to eat minimally processed foods. I can't eat pop tarts anyway as they are not gluten free.

Like I said, if it works for the OP and they are happy that's cool, I was just giving my opinion. :flowerforyou:

I did not say you were getting on your high horse. I just made the point that I also hit my macros.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    i missed part 1. but i'm in for the afterparty.
    this was my exact thinking
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Please don't make me question our love. DON'T.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Please don't make me question our love. DON'T.
    If Pop Tarts ever come with icing packs that I can use to make obscene drawings with, I'll favor them instead.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Apparently, you weren't looking hard enough

EEbmGDK.jpg

vJxHc3Q.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOMG.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

There were, but they were apparently limited edition.

Why would they limit the edition of something that is certain to be chock full of deliciousness?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I would like to second the motion that toaster strudel is tastier than pop tarts.
    Thank you for your consideration
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I don't get what's so hard to fathom that you can still hit your macros (and micros for that matter) but still have some calories left over for a little bit of what you fancy.

Let's take an average 30 something man of average height who needs 2,200 calories per day to lose weight at a reasonable place. Let's say he weighs 200 lbs and has a BF% of 20. He is involved in moderate levels of training.

He therefore has 160 lbs of LBM and 40lbs of fat. Let's say for the sake of argument he needs about 160 g of protein per day (1g per 1lb of lean mass) 65g or so of fat (roughly 1/3 of body weight) and 150g of carbs.

160g of protein x 4 cals per lb = 640 calories
    65g of fat x 9 cals per lb = 585 calories
    150g of carbs x 4 cals = 600 calories
    Total = 1,825 calories

This leaves 375 calories left over from the 2,200 calories as a discretionary allowance (10-20%) to use on whatever he may like after hitting some very decent macros and calorie intake.

Is anyone seriously suggesting that he will be unhealthy if he uses that amount per day on "junk" - which in itself has macro and micro nutrients. I mean, seriously?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I wish Ben and Jerry would make PopTart ice cream. I mean, Kellogg's makes ice cream flavored PopTarts, so why not the other way around?

That would be so awesome.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I don't get what's so hard to fathom that you can still hit your macros (and micros for that matter) but still have some calories left over for a little bit of what you fancy.

Let's take an average 30 something man of average height who needs 2,200 calories per day to lose weight at a reasonable place. Let's say he weighs 200 lbs and has a BF% of 20. He is involved in moderate levels of training.

He therefore has 160 lbs of LBM and 40lbs of fat. Let's say for the sake of argument he needs about 160 g of protein per day (1g per 1lb of lean mass) 65g or so of fat (roughly 1/3 of body weight) and 150g of carbs.

Total = 1,825 calories

This leaves 375 calories left over from the 2,200 calories as a discretionary allowance (10-20%) to use on whatever he may like after hitting some very decent macros and calorie intake.

Is anyone seriously suggesting that he will be unhealthy if he uses that amount per day on "junk" - which in itself has macro and micro nutrients. I mean, seriously?

Yes, see part 1. :noway:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    i missed part 1. but i'm in for the afterparty.
    You've got some homework to do!

let me guess... OP states that he;s doing great eating pop tarts and ice cream daily. then 20 pages ensue where people demand that "no it's bad for you, because it's bad for you" followed by "what does bad for you mean? i'm thriving like this!" followed by "but sugar! and toxins! they're bad bad bad"... etc, back and forth for 20 pages.

something like that?

And there was a bit about a Datsun being upgraded to a Ferari too I think...
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Total = 1,825 calories

Personally, I think those leftover calories should be used for cookies. But that's just me.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I wish Ben and Jerry would make PopTart ice cream. I mean, Kellogg's makes ice cream flavored PopTarts, so why not the other way around?

That would be so awesome.

e-mail them and ask - but make sure its avaliable in the UK as well please :flowerforyou: