Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Back on track

6002537933_e8d711701d.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1312325953380

Holy cr@p - what is in that? Marshmallows and fudge?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Back on track

That is what I am seeing!!! and it has me in a trance!!! :tongue:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    You're 5'7 and 132lbs :huh:

i'm... small? what's your point?

Just surprised me, you weigh less than me and I'm 5'2. Just seems low for a guy of 5'7, but honestly I have no frame of reference. I never noticed your ticker before.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Back on track

Yeah - posting that pic forced me to order the s'mores pop tarts from ebay :laugh:

Off to lift heavy stuff (for me) :drinker:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member

Just surprised me, you weigh less than me and I'm 5'2. Just seems low for a guy of 5'7, but honestly I have no frame of reference. I never noticed your ticker before.

i have a high metabolism. been skinny my whole life, not easy for me to put on weight. I know, you guys are gonna hate me more than you already did! :tongue:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Back on track

Yeah - posting that pic forced me to order the s'mores pop tarts from ebay :laugh:

That looks good, but I think I'd have to update it by adding a fudgy dark chocolate melted brownie and salted caramel.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat

i have a high metabolism. been skinny my whole life, not easy for me to put on weight. I know, you guys are gonna hate me more than you already did! :tongue:

That depends on your goal, really. It means that I have a more difficult time cutting, but an easier time adding muscle. I like my muscle, so I'll take my disadvantage.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member

You should be bulking harder than you are. In a scenario like that, junk processed calories can actually be quite useful, as you don't hit some of the satiety issues you would with whole foods. As long as you're getting your necessary daily nutrition in, you're fine (which is the argument many on here have been making). That has nothing to do with percentages. Taking myself, I maintain on roughly 4k calories a day. I can meet my nutritional needs on under 2k (I usually spend about 1200+ getting in a baseline of protein that I want, then the rest for veggies and other such 'good for me' stuff). Once you've hit that...you're good, the rest can be whatever. Some days I only eat that, and I'll have 1600 to 2k on the day. Other days, I want that junk food, and I'll have 3k calories worth of ice cream sundaes. You can do that, be healthy, and still lose weight.

The point people are arguing about with you is that your idea of moderation is far stricter than it probably needs to be. You have a half a chicken and waffles dinner after weeks of eating only organic stuff (I didn't go that far back in your diary since I'm lazy but I'm taking your word for it)? That's pretty extreme when you could be bulking at a very slow rate eating a moderate amount of junk food on a daily basis if you wanted.
    i have a high metabolism. been skinny my whole life, not easy for me to put on weight. I know, you guys are gonna hate me more than you already did!
    Your views frustrate me often, but I don't hate you because you're skinny. Your metabolism isn't high, and you would have less issues putting on weight if you didn't have such stringent views about food intake.
  • Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108

If that's you in your pic, you fight at bantamweight or do you cut to flyweight?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Back on track

That looks good, but I think I'd have to update it by adding a fudgy dark chocolate melted brownie and salted caramel.

I love you all. :tear:
  • Tom_Jones74
    CoachReddy can totally bulk up with whole foods and working out. Doesn't need to eat junk food in order to get mass calories. At all.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Back on track

I love you all. :tear:

Yes, dear, but never forget you are the original inspiration.
  • Tom_Jones74
    BostonCreamPie.jpg

Just slide the pop tart into the cream part.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    CoachReddy can totally bulk up with whole foods and working out. Doesn't need to eat junk food in order to get mass calories. At all.

The point wasn't that he can't build up with whole foods, but that it's easier to achieve a caloric surplus without feeling overstuffed when you add high calorie foods like poptart sandwiches. If your goal is to add weight it's not harmful, and can actually be helpful, to achieve this goal with high calorie filler foods. Therefore, it may be eaiser to achieve his goal of adding weight if he expanded his idea of moderation.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    BostonCreamPie.jpg

Just slide the pop tart into the cream part.

I'm not sure which is dirtier, the picture or the sentence.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    in for part 2
  • Tom_Jones74
    Therefore, it may be easier to achieve his goal of adding weight if he expanded his idea of moderation.

Well, at least you got this part right.
  • Tom_Jones74
    I'm not sure which is dirtier, the picture or the sentence.

:happy:
  • CoachReddy

You should be bulking harder than you are. In a scenario like that, junk processed calories can actually be quite useful, as you don't hit some of the satiety issues you would with whole foods. As long as you're getting your necessary daily nutrition in, you're fine (which is the argument many on here have been making). That has nothing to do with percentages. Taking myself, I maintain on roughly 4k calories a day. I can meet my nutritional needs on under 2k (I usually spend about 1200+ getting in a baseline of protein that I want, then the rest for veggies and other such 'good for me' stuff). Once you've hit that...you're good, the rest can be whatever. Some days I only eat that, and I'll have 1600 to 2k on the day. Other days, I want that junk food, and I'll have 3k calories worth of ice cream sundaes. You can do that, be healthy, and still lose weight.

The point people are arguing about with you is that your idea of moderation is far stricter than it probably needs to be. You have a half a chicken and waffles dinner after weeks of eating only organic stuff (I didn't go that far back in your diary since I'm lazy but I'm taking your word for it)? That's pretty extreme when you could be bulking at a very slow rate eating a moderate amount of junk food on a daily basis if you wanted.
    i have a high metabolism. been skinny my whole life, not easy for me to put on weight. I know, you guys are gonna hate me more than you already did!
    Your views frustrate me often, but I don't hate you because you're skinny. Your metabolism isn't high, and you would have less issues putting on weight if you didn't have such stringent views about food intake.

nah dude, I was skinny before I started eating well. back when I ate nothing but take out, pizza, etc, etc

and yeah I know eating junk on top of all this good stuff would probably help me gain weight, but I'm not really in it for the glamor as much as the health aspect. I want to be a can-do as opposed to a look-like
  • CoachReddy

The point wasn't that he can't build up with whole foods, but that it's easier to achieve a caloric surplus without feeling overstuffed when you add high calorie foods like poptart sandwiches. If your goal is to add weight it's not harmful, and can actually be helpful, to achieve this goal with high calorie filler foods. Therefore, it may be eaiser to achieve his goal of adding weight if he expanded his idea of moderation.

i dont' give a rats *kitten* about easy. :glasses: