Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Options

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    My pop tart is under the grill ( no toaster) and my ice cream is softening - this had better be as awesome as you guys say it is. :wink:

Delete me if it isn't. Although I take no responsibilty for your flavor choices!

Edited for typos. Damn phone

Lol, it was tasty - but I bet it will be tastier when I get my hands on the more interesting flavours :happy:

Messy though :laugh:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I know... :laugh: then a couple people called me out on my diary - which is pretty damn beautiful if I say so myself - simply because, for the first time in a few weeks, I had something crappy for me.

thought y'all were all about moderation!

(sorry about the pre-emptive picture change...)

Is your ticker accurate?

I haven't weighed myself in a while, i dunno.

But at some point, at 5' 7 and male, you decided that you wanted to lose weight at 140?

hahaha no! the tickers don't work if you're trying to gain. I'm at 132 and wanna be 140ish.
    I have more LBM than your total weight :blushing:

Me too :noway:

But on the plus side, I can also squat or deadlift the coach. That's pretty cool :bigsmile:

I can squat or deadlift 2 of him!! lol
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    My pop tart is under the grill ( no toaster) and my ice cream is softening - this had better be as awesome as you guys say it is. :wink:

Delete me if it isn't. Although I take no responsibilty for your flavor choices!

Lol, it was tasty - but I bet it will be tastier when I get my hands on the more interesting flavours :happy:

I used a bowl and spoon last night because of the mess...
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Must bump for giggles!

I'm a sweet-a-holic, too! And pretty satisfied where I am. The weight lost according to my ticker is since Jan, I reset it. Overall I gained 17 lbs (pregnancy :happy: ) and then lost about 30, although having the baby was a cause of about 10 of that :laugh:

Don't take my sweets away if you value your continued existence!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I will probably get flame grilled but i don't like pop tarts! Lol. Bemuses me how so many people like them! Oreos too! X
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I know... :laugh: then a couple people called me out on my diary - which is pretty damn beautiful if I say so myself - simply because, for the first time in a few weeks, I had something crappy for me.

Is your ticker accurate?

But at some point, at 5' 7 and male, you decided that you wanted to lose weight at 140?

hahaha no! the tickers don't work if you're trying to gain. I'm at 132 and wanna be 140ish.

But on the plus side, I can also squat or deadlift the coach. That's pretty cool :bigsmile:

I can deadlift 2 of him also :wink:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Is your ticker accurate?

I want to be you when I grow up :love:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Is your ticker accurate?

Maybe we should start calling him "little buddy" like the captain called Gilligan? :tongue:
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Some great pix in this thread :) (no pop tarts for me, but I kinda do a similar thing with icecream and brownies LOL)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Well, if you actually looked at my pics - you may well have seen 2 deadlift ones...not exactly hard to work out.

I thought it was rude to stare at them.

So you noticed ones of back to determine my muscle definition, but thought it rude to look at the ones of a cartoon character and one of a barbell and plates?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

What flavors?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Frosted strawberry with vanilla ice cream.

I've ordered some s'mores pop tarts now though :love:
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I will probably get flame grilled but i don't like pop tarts! Lol. Bemuses me how so many people like them! Oreos too! X

Like Pop Tarts, Oreos are also yummy when spread with rainbow chip frosting.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Is your ticker accurate?

Can I add that I have LOST 2.35 of him............ :drinker:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

I'm only so-so on pop-tarts, myself. Though I learned to like Oreos after I was married and realized having Oreos in the house kept my husband happy -- but only the Double Stuff. I may eat a Pop-tart once in a while, but I'd rather have Cookie Crisp or Marshmallow Matey's if I want sweet stuff for breakfast.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options

I'm only so-so on pop-tarts, myself. Though I learned to like Oreos after I was married and realized having Oreos in the house kept my husband happy -- but only the Double Stuff. I may eat a Pop-tart once in a while, but I'd rather have Cookie Crisp or Marshmallow Matey's if I want sweet stuff for breakfast.

Oh how could anyone not like Oreos (oh well more for me) and Oreo pop tarts are clearly one of the things missing from my life...if only they could make the leap...

pop-tarts-cookies-n-creme-pop-tarts-528-p.jpg?w=500&h=500
  • magerum
    Options

Is your ticker accurate?

Ed, I think we found what you lost (Coach and Tom)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Is your ticker accurate?

Ed, I think we found what you lost (Coach and Tom)

Yup!!! :bigsmile:
  • magerum
    Options

I don't know you, but you're dead to me! :laugh:
  • musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can absolutely eat any type of food and still lose weight. Fewer calories in and more calories out creates the deficit required to lose weight (and losing weight doesn't only mean losing fat either). But eating poptarts and ice-cream isn't a good idea, and I know you know that.

On a calorie budget, one of the keys to not feeling hungry (and thereby being able to eat less EASILY) is by filling yourself with protein and healthy fats (over carbs) and lots of fibre (found in nutrient dense, low calorie foods). Proteins, healthy fats and fibre take longer to digest and keep you fuller longer, whereas poplars (pretty much just sugar) won't do much to fill you or keep you full for long.

Also consider the term "EMPTY CALORIE"
    - being healthy means keeping your body a well-oiled machine with all of the components of a healthy, natural diet. Poptarts are synthetic, they don't have many vitamins or minerals, no antioxidants, no polyphenols, no healthy fats - nothing that helps the body function properly or efficiently. The high dose of sugar will dump into your blood stream so fast that you'll experience a spike in insulin, which will affect all of your tissues and organs. Fuelling your body with only sugar and insufficient amounts of nutrients can affect your body in so many negative ways: depression, anxiety, low energy levels, difficulty putting on muscle, losing muscle, brain function, organ function, hormonal imbalances, thyroid dysfunction. All of which can be subtle and barely noticeable, but can really hurt you in the long run. How many people have you heard of that have diabetes or prediabetes and don't even know it?

Sure, it won't kill you, and you can still lose weight, but it's not a good idea.

Healthy is far more beautiful than skinny. You can be healthy, and thin will naturally follow, thin does not mean healthy.