Stabbing yourself in the eye?

Options

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I've already been stabbed in the eye by a.... nevermind.

But would you recommend it? Would Dr Oz recommend it?
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I read a study once where it said that stabbing yourself in the eye with a fork makes no sense at all, becaus the cavemen didn't have forks. You need to use a stick from a tree. But it has to be from a tree that grows in the land where your ancestors are from. And don't forget to log it.

This absolutely. Natural is the only way to go or else you are not going to get the best results. Putting artificial stuff like a metal for in your eye is just wrong.

Should it be a fork made from wood?

No, it has to be natural, wooden forks are too processed. The best thing to use is a tree branch that is freshly ripped off, green and still has tree bugs on it.

Tree bugs? How do I calculate the protein in them - the MFP database is rubbish and doesn't have them in? You would think those people at MFP would get something like this right!
  • maverick48
    maverick48 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Actually stabbing yourself with a fork is painful and then there's those expensive doctor's bills...plus Dr. Oz has never mentioned it on his show.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I was stung in the eye by a bumble bee
    It was rather, um... puffy...:huh:

might be tricky to get hold of a bee to stab me in the eye - but thank you for your comment

good luck to you in all your endeavours :drinker:

I'm good.
    I went thru therapy and now have closure.
    There may be a support group near you...
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    I read a study once where it said that stabbing yourself in the eye with a fork makes no sense at all, becaus the cavemen didn't have forks. You need to use a stick from a tree. But it has to be from a tree that grows in the land where your ancestors are from. And don't forget to log it.

This absolutely. Natural is the only way to go or else you are not going to get the best results. Putting artificial stuff like a metal for in your eye is just wrong.

Should it be a fork made from wood?

No, it has to be natural, wooden forks are too processed. The best thing to use is a tree branch that is freshly ripped off, green and still has tree bugs on it.

Tree bugs? How do I calculate the protein in them - the MFP database is rubbish and doesn't have them in? You would think those people at MFP would get something like this right!

Do I need to weigh them?
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I stabbed myself in the eye and accidentally ate my own eye ball causing me to go over my 1000 calorie a day limit. I gained 3 pounds.
  • TiffCK
    TiffCK Posts: 37
    Options
    I knew a kid who stabbed himself in the eye (forget his weapon of choice) It turned his eye a beautiful shade of light blue after it "healed".

And did he recommend it?

You know, I never was able to bring it up to him. We have actually talked a few times, but I had trouble bringing that up in a conversation.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Actually stabbing yourself with a fork is painful and then there's those expensive doctor's bills...plus Dr. Oz has never mentioned it on his show.

Really, I though this would be right up his street?

Have you tried it? How do you know it is painful? I only want to hear from people who have done it REMEMBER!
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    I was stung in the eye by a bumble bee
    It was rather, um... puffy...:huh:

might be tricky to get hold of a bee to stab me in the eye - but thank you for your comment

good luck to you in all your endeavours :drinker:

I'm good.
    I went thru therapy and now have closure.
    There may be a support group near you...

I'll look into that thanks
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can't expect me to be supportive of your unhealthy, dangerous plan. This website has the word "Fitness" in the title! Please speak with your doctor before making such drastic decisions.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    When I was a wee one, I woke up before the adults one day and stuck a wire hanger in the side of my dog's eye.....because I was curious what would happen. He didn't enjoy it very much.

That was as study done on animals - I only want studies done on humans.

wow how hard is it to understand my question.

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Are you suggesting that animals have any less right to get fit and healthy as humans? Sorry but I'm going to have to defriend you - I just don't think we have the same goals.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It's always fun til somebody pokes an eye out! LOL! Seriously though, I would rather throat punch the offending party.....Much more satisfaction :drinker:
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    I stabbed myself in the eye and accidentally ate my own eye ball causing me to go over my 1000 calorie a day limit. I gained 3 pounds.

That's really worrying - do you think that is a common side effect - or are you just allergic to stabbing yourself in the eye?
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    I knew a kid who stabbed himself in the eye (forget his weapon of choice) It turned his eye a beautiful shade of light blue after it "healed".

And did he recommend it?

You know, I never was able to bring it up to him. We have actually talked a few times, but I had trouble bringing that up in a conversation.

Then you have nothing to add to this conversation

*puts on ignore*
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    You can't expect me to be supportive of your unhealthy, dangerous plan. This website has the word "Fitness" in the title! Please speak with your doctor before making such drastic decisions.

then why did you even bother to post on this thread - I only want support of my stupid and idiotic plan. How is that hard to understand.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    When I was a wee one, I woke up before the adults one day and stuck a wire hanger in the side of my dog's eye.....because I was curious what would happen. He didn't enjoy it very much.

That was as study done on animals - I only want studies done on humans.

wow how hard is it to understand my question.

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Are you suggesting that animals have any less right to get fit and healthy as humans? Sorry but I'm going to have to defriend you - I just don't think we have the same goals.

Clearly - if you think we should be keeping our pets healthly. Mine are just here to supply items I need for my super cleanse that I'm starting tomorrow.

*puts on ignore*
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I've already been stabbed in the eye by a.... nevermind.

But would you recommend it? Would Dr Oz recommend it?

When it happend...the last thing on my mind was Dr. Oz.....
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Really, I though this would be right up his street?

Have you tried it? How do you know it is painful? I only want to hear from people who have done it REMEMBER!

Dr. Oz is a quack. I read somewhere that Jillian Michaels supports eye stabbing, though.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    It's always fun til somebody pokes an eye out! LOL! Seriously though, I would rather throat punch the offending party.....Much more satisfaction :drinker:

That is totally not helpful and what this thread is about, stop trying to derail my thread, :angry: