Dancing for daily cardio.... Who would've known it'd work so

Options
14567810»

Replies

• xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hey, hope everyone had a great weekend.
    This weeks challenge is
    Completing 250minutes of cardio before Friday-with at least 100 of those minutes being some form of dance.
    Don't forget to drink lot's of water.

I'm getting back into the swing of things this week and can't wait to burn these calories! Good luck ladies!
  • amandarusco
    amandarusco Posts: 43
    Options
    I love dancing for my cardio. I just dance around in my room when I get up in the morning and it gets my pumped and ready to go. I like dancing to Brittany, usher, the veronicas, and some other artists. but I usually do about 4 to 5 songs worth, if im running late I will do 2 or 3
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Hey girls : )

I am not quite finished wiht the challenge since i only got 190 minutes of cardio..I am short by 60 minutes..but by the end of the week i will have it all done.
    90 minutes of those minutes will be dancing.

Since today was weigh in day for another thread...i lost almost 4 pounds

LW: 211
    TW: 207.4
    GW:160

Have a great day girls!!! Happy Weigh in :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hey girls : )

I am not quite finished wiht the challenge since i only got 190 minutes of cardio..I am short by 60 minutes..but by the end of the week i will have it all done.
    90 minutes of those minutes will be dancing.

Since today was weigh in day for another thread...i lost almost 4 pounds

LW: 211
    TW: 207.4
    GW:160

Have a great day girls!!! Happy Weigh in :)

Wow that's GREAT! I've got 40 min left, I'll be doing 20 running and 20 dancing. :)
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody -
    I just ordered Zumba and i'm really excited!! The samba/ reggae work out dvd i ordered from amazon was not what I was expecting at all but ... that's okay. I found the zumba plus the "sticks for 3 payments of 19.95 so that's much ,ore workable for me!!

Can't wait to get it and even more than that can't wait to see the results!!

Good luck to us all!!

Janet:heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    oh! We're doing 360 minutes of cardio for our May challenge on another thread so I'm combining both!! last wqeek was all running/walking!! can't wait to add the zumba in for variety!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Over the last week I had droped 2 more pounds an inch around my arms 1.2inches around my thoghs and .5 inches around my waist....EEEEEEEEE so happy almost met my first goal of 15pounds, then I get to buy a delicious new bathing suit (my reward to myself) :D

I completed 343 minutes of cardio this week, anyone else?
  • herbnkitchenfairy
    Options
    I know I am late to join this as I just started MFP but I would love to join this group since I love Love LOVE to dance and it is a perfect addition to other cardio/exercise.

CW-161 Height- 5ft 7
    GW- 125-130

Currently doing 30-60 minutes of cardio per day (running, dancing, etc.)
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred 20 minutes per day
    Fluidity Ballet Bar work out 30 minutes 3 days per week.

Going to shake my groove thing
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I, too, love dancing for cardio! I still go running or walking sometimes, but when I want to work my whole body, burn the most calories, and have fun, I dance! I did this today and it felt so good. Whenever I dance, I pop in some of my favorite music and have bottles of water nearby so I'm set. My kids even jump in sometimes and have a blast with me. My moves usually go with the beat of the music and I make sure to work every part of my body. Nothing (for me anyway) tops dancing for an awesome workout!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Glad to have you! Shake it girrrrrrrrrl!

p.s. I've been doing the shred for a while now too and I LOVE IT!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I'm on the same boat! You sound just like me. Dancing is my favorite :) Welcome!