Dancing for daily cardio.... Who would've known it'd work so

Options

Replies

• Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals/guys :)

I did pretty good all week with dancing, however, i slurged a little wiht food...since it was my hubbies birthday we celebrated Friday and Saturday..so Sunday was a recovery day to get back on track..

I checked out the Zumba thing on Youtube..boy does that look hard! But I also found another Zumba video that is about the same lenght as the one posted here..i will be doing both..so about 20 minutes of Zumba today..with my other workouts planned todya...

I already drank 8 cups of water..and it's only 10 am. I drink about half my weight ( in oz) so water is not a big deal with me during the warm months..

I will be back later!! Have a great day girls! :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Good morning gals/guys :)

I did pretty good all week with dancing, however, i slurged a little wiht food...since it was my hubbies birthday we celebrated Friday and Saturday..so Sunday was a recovery day to get back on track..

I checked out the Zumba thing on Youtube..boy does that look hard! But I also found another Zumba video that is about the same lenght as the one posted here..i will be doing both..so about 20 minutes of Zumba today..with my other workouts planned todya...

I already drank 8 cups of water..and it's only 10 am. I drink about half my weight ( in oz) so water is not a big deal with me during the warm months..

I will be back later!! Have a great day girls! :)

That's ok...the two zumba dances alone should work off the extra calorie intsake this weekend...lol! That's so great! I'm 3 glasses of water in , but it's only 7:30am here :) I too will be doing 30min of zumba today., taking my little one's for a walk, my jogging in the afternoon for 2.5mi and my other workouts that last me about 30-40min! Feeling really GREAT today! My house is spotless and laundry is done. I will dedicate all my free time to working out and being active today :)

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Ok 20min of Zumba...Check! Strength training now....:)
  • countrymom
    Options
    Hey Thank you for the invite. I am up for the challenge. I love to dance . I took classes most of my childhood. I only use sea salt now. I started about one year ago. Not only for the health aspects of it but i found it is cheeper to buy in the bulk section of the store i shop at than the regular ol salt.

PUTTING ON MY DANCING SHOES!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hey Thank you for the invite. I am up for the challenge. I love to dance . I took classes most of my childhood. I only use sea salt now. I started about one year ago. Not only for the health aspects of it but i found it is cheeper to buy in the bulk section of the store i shop at than the regular ol salt.

PUTTING ON MY DANCING SHOES!!

Yay, good for you. Welcome :)
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    DeannaGarcia: I don't know what to say about the Zumba experience but OMG...that was hard...maybe because i have no rythme or 2 left feet..lol

I did burn up a sweat..but i couldn't last for 20 minutes..maybe like 12..sorry. I will try it again tomorrow.

Have a nice afternoon everyone..
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    DeannaGarcia: I don't know what to say about the Zumba experience but OMG...that was hard...maybe because i have no rythme or 2 left feet..lol

I did burn up a sweat..but i couldn't last for 20 minutes..maybe like 12..sorry. I will try it again tomorrow.

Have a nice afternoon everyone..

Hey no apologizes you tried it and that's a GREAT step, and that's more Zumba then you were doing before, and more calories gone :) It'll get easier as you go, my first time I was fumbling too, it's hard at first and very quick paced luckily I have over ten years in a school of dance under my belt so that defenitly helped me out! Practice makes perfect! Just keep trying and just like anything else you continue to do you'll get use to it! I would advize sticking to that one routine till you get the hang of it. The one I'm doing now, I can alomost do with my eye's shut I've done it so much...lol...I'm sure you'll be there too after some practice Great job :) Keep it up!
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    So, I am considering joining a gym again. I was really disappointed in the last one I joined because I mainly joined for the classes, I love the different dance and step classes. But almost every time, there wouldn't be enough people for the class to go on so they would cancel it for the week. Soooo frustrating. I would get in maybe two classes a week! And, since I have free access to a mini-gym with elipitcals, treadmils, stair climbers and weights, I just stopped going. But I found a new gym that has a TON of classes... including Zumba on almost every day of the week at a time when I can actually go to it! I am really excited to visit the gym and sign up! Happy Dancing!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    So, I am considering joining a gym again. I was really disappointed in the last one I joined because I mainly joined for the classes, I love the different dance and step classes. But almost every time, there wouldn't be enough people for the class to go on so they would cancel it for the week. Soooo frustrating. I would get in maybe two classes a week! And, since I have free access to a mini-gym with elipitcals, treadmils, stair climbers and weights, I just stopped going. But I found a new gym that has a TON of classes... including Zumba on almost every day of the week at a time when I can actually go to it! I am really excited to visit the gym and sign up! Happy Dancing!

Thats Great! Good luck and let us know how it goes, I'm very interested in hearing about it :)
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi everyone, Well I have just completed my 50 minutes of Zumba for today and it was very warm work tonight but fun as usual:laugh:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hi everyone, Well I have just completed my 50 minutes of Zumba for today and it was very warm work tonight but fun as usual:laugh:

Good for you!! How are you doing on th water challenge?
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Welll ladies, weigh in is tomorrow and this thread has been kind of quiet over the last couple days! Hope you all are keeping it up regardless, I am.... 5 kids and stitched up hand and all :)
    Happy Dancing....
  • NotLuigiTM
    Options
    Dancing can help. I sometimes do DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) in my PlayStation 2. It is a great workout and I sweat and get my heart rate up!
  • kjrosa
    kjrosa Posts: 34
    Options
    So far I've lost 1 lb and 5.5 inches since my last Wednesday. I only danced twice last week and I'm intending on being more frequent this week.
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I can do it in my office when I feel I need an energy boost -- much better than climbing/jogging the stairs like I have been doing.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Any weigh in's? Who completed the challenge?
  • jlo7
    jlo7 Posts: 45
    Options
    I weighed in today and lost 2 lbs. Yippeeeeee! Ready for the next challenge.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi everyone, and a very Happy May Day to you all :happy: I'm pleased to report that I am down 1 pound this week Yeahhhh

sw weight with mfp and heaviest 164.5 on 1/12/10

lw weight............139

cw weight...........138

goal weight........126
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Hey gang! I have not lost any weight . Maybe it's because tom is around the corner...sorry for posting late. Have a great weekend! I will try to check in during the weekend,but not sure since my kids and husband is home and we usually go out and about.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    No weight lost this week but I think that's because of bad eating Friday...... Major sodium /sugfar overload and I'm still paying for it. No dancing today as I had planned but did get in a 3.75 mile walk/jog and burned 403 cals! Food much, much vbetter today as wll.
    Hope everybody had a fantastic weekend,
    Janet:heart: