Dancing for daily cardio.... Who would've known it'd work so

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love to dance for cardio and happiness!

When I am cooking I put on headphones. I dance to the beat of the copier or printer at the office. I do plie type moves when standing in line.

Nothing.............NOTHING gets me moving faster than a good song............right now my get up and go song is Boom Boom Pow!! I listened at the gym on the treadmill and when I am walking, dancing to the beat of that song I am going 3.6 MPH......

So dance and be happy! WOOT!!
  • trinitydaks
    Options
    Did more chair dancing.... when you do lots of driving you gotta dance some how...
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I danced and cleaned and danced some more. I just used my iphone and danced to whatever popped on my player. No line dances today. See y'all tomorrow.
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I LOVE dancing... and I do it almost every day :-D So maybe I'll challenge myself to 30 mins of daily dance :-D
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Got my dancin in over the weekend ~ haven't done Sunday yet but it's still early!! I'm lovin latin dance/sala right now. Works the crap out my core/hips and glutes - my trouble spots for sure. So much fun and it makes me feel beautiful!!
    The zumba dvd's i've looked are out of my price range , for now!

Glad to see we're all still at it and thanks everybody for the motivation!

Will check back later,
    Janet:heart:
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    60 minutes of Zumba.......done!!!!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    40 minutes of DDR last night...320 calories burned! Woot!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Just now found this group. Need something different to prevent boredom. I missed the weekend fun! Will join you on the next dance out! :bigsmile:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm back! It was an insanely busy weekend (my grams is visiting from Chicago) and it was my daughters 7th b-day party! But I'm back! I did my dancing for the weekend, once on Friday night with my hubby for about 1 1/2 hrs, then on Saturday night danced with my daughter and her gal pals for 25min.

Did anyone do the water challenge? I got all my water in and some...it really works wonders! Also doing a crunch challenge this week, so gear up those ab's! I'm amazed by this program. I've never had a problem with my ab's being flabby or anything and have always had a flat stomache, but after trying this even for a week, the difference is SOOOO DRAMATIC! Try to throw in at least one dance tonight ladies! I think we are going to push weigh in to Friday morning's because I've heard lot's of you say you fell off the wagon...lol! It's ok though and I don't want anyone to get discouraged...

SO WEIGH IN'S ARE NOW FRIDAY MORNINGS :) Right before the weekend ;)

Happy dancing ladies!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My normal day is Saturday so i'll be a day behind you all!
    What's the challenge for this week?
    Plan on 40min cardio dance party when I get home from the office!!
  • jlo7
    jlo7 Posts: 45
    Options
    I think Friday is the best day for a weigh in too because then you can splurge a little on the weekend and then have all week to make up for it.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba and Cardio Dance classes.....LOVE THEM. Too much fun to be exercise.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    :drinker: CHALLENGE FOR WEEK 2:

The challenge for this week will be 4 dance sessions for 15min or more by weigh in Friday (two of those sessions being on Thursday) Maybe once in the morning and once in the evening.

Here's a water challenge as well. Drink AT LEAST 5 glasses of water a day (40oz) till Friday. I'd like you to see just what an impact having your body well hydrated really has on the scale.

Dance your hearts out and stay hydrated!:drinker::wink:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Very true :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Good for you!! I love that song too!

Happy Dancin :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Did more chair dancing.... when you do lots of driving you gotta dance some how...

Lol, yay! Your right. Way to MAKE TIME :) Great job!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I LOVE dancing... and I do it almost every day :-D So maybe I'll challenge myself to 30 mins of daily dance :-D

Good for you! :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Just now found this group. Need something different to prevent boredom. I missed the weekend fun! Will join you on the next dance out! :bigsmile:

Well we are the group that tries to make working out a little more interesting! A tranformation in confidence and weight is what you can expect to find with us! Just stick to the challenges and a healthy diet :) Just posted a new challenge on this page. Welcome
    Happy Dancin!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options

GREAT! Welcome :)
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, Have just completed 50 mins of Zumba...its such fun, Friday weigh-ins sound good to me!!!