share your NSV for today!

Options

Replies

• lstok873
    lstok873 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Got out the spring clothes and the bin labeled "too small - summer". Tried on a pair of pants I haven't worn since my husband and I dated...they buttoned (prob an inch more off waist & I will gladly wear them! That's a time when my husband called me "hot" everyday! My butt and thighs have improved sooo much! I even think I can ditch the skirted swimsuit this year!
  • 1lisalou
    1lisalou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have always been reasonably flexible. But after ONE week only of P90x, I can bend over and put both palms flat on the floor at my heels! That makes my lower back feel soooo good! (not to mention the 3 inches I lost)! My verbally abusive scale says I have gained weight! So we are not together for the next 2 weeks. I shoved it in the cabinet, out of sight!
  • 1lisalou
    1lisalou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Got out the spring clothes and the bin labeled "too small - summer". Tried on a pair of pants I haven't worn since my husband and I dated...they buttoned (prob an inch more off waist & I will gladly wear them! That's a time when my husband called me "hot" everyday! My butt and thighs have improved sooo much! I even think I can ditch the skirted swimsuit this year!
    That is an awesome feeling! Especially when you catch your husband staring at you when they didn't know you were looking. That makes a girl feel sexy! Great Job!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I've been doing measurements once a week just to see, and since March 6, I've lost 25.3 inches! :noway: I'll give or take a couple for measuring error, of course, but whoa... :noway:
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I woke up :bigsmile:
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I tried on some sport pants I never tried on since starting here on MFP (I used them for going to small errands, like the nearby farmers market, going to get water from the neighborhood mini-market, etc. not actual sport)... and they look so baggy around the legs (they used to be quite fitted). :D

Also, bought some shapewear brief from H&M (http://www.hm.com/gb/product/02916?article=02916-D) an L size... well... it seems that very soon I will have to buy some Ms. :D
  • Majal10
    Majal10 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Been on this journey for 3 months and within that three months my NSV:
    - loss 27 inches total body
    - my cholesterol has dropped by 27 points (It was never high, but it was kind of neat)
    - my clothes are very loose, but holding out to go shopping since I still have 72 pounds to go.
    - my husband said "Honey I got to take you shopping ,because those pants is not doing anything for you ." That strange thing is been married for over 15 years and "taking you shopping" has never came out of my husbands mouth. I don't even thin its part of his vocabulary.
    - I have so much endurance and stamina, that I did a kick boxing class with my 19 year old son and I outlast him. By all means he is not unfit and works out everyday.
    - I am able to lift heavier weights and I feel so much stronger.
    -Starting to see muscle definition all over.
    - My pre-teen daughter stated " mom you have a back (In other wards, my back fat roll has disappeared)" So she said you lost the fat and now you have a back and your getting a butt,:)
    -My knees don't hurt as much.
    - I don't know if this is great, but I need new bras, I lost 5 inches on my chest that the bra cups are literally empty,lol. But I do see my chase getting firmer. So, that's the great thing, I rather have firm girls than saggy ones.
    - So much more energy, which is great.
    - My goal is not to get skinny or just lose the weight, I want to get healthier and just lose the fat. So, I have only lost 17 lbs,but within that lost "15lbs" of it is fat, so I'm not losing muscle, but gaining muscle.
    When I started I had 46 pounds of muscle and the rest was water and fat, but now 53 pounds of muscle.
    So, if this is 3 months worth of NSV, I can not wait what 6,9,12, months will bring. The icing on the cake is looking great and healthy. Good day everyone.
  • Majal10
    Options
    great job, what you doing to lose the inches?
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat cake for breakfast. =D
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    mine: When I started this journey, my bras were tight on the 3rd (the last) clasp. Today, I had to use the 1st clasp and it's possible they might be too big :)

• Majal10
    Options
    I have to agree. I started doing crossfit and kickboxing class and it kicks my *kitten* everyday,but these *kitten* kicking is always invited.
  • Majal10
    Options
    I took my first Spinning class and was able to do the entire 45 minute session without stopping. Of course it kicked my *kitten* but getting an *kitten* kicking never felt so good!
    I have to agree. I started doing crossfit and kickboxing class and it kicks my *kitten* everyday,but these *kitten* kicking is always invited.
  • Majal10
    Options
    I've been doing measurements once a week just to see, and since March 6, I've lost 25.3 inches! :noway: I'll give or take a couple for measuring error, of course, but whoa... :noway:
    [/quote]

• chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have to tighten my bra because I've lost 2 inches on my under bust
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

Eating MORE, I started a new job the end of Feb which is fairly physical, and a bit of strength training 3-4 days/week.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a pair of smokin' size 12 jeans! Only bummer is they are feeling loose already.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    We are still very happily married now for 33.7 years. Even through my "thick and heading towards thin"...she never gave up on me. Not a finer human being than her. :flowerforyou:
  • lizer1984
    Options
    donuts. oh donuts, today i resisted to give in to my nephews donuts even though they were eating them in front of me after a victorious lacrosse game. thanks to my sister who made us go home and eat some salads, i was about to devour the whole box of dunkin donuts. i feel a little victory for that, the old me would have given in for sure.
  • Sonic_1971
    Options
    My PT who has been seeing me 3 times per week since Feb and NEVER comments on how I look other than to take measurements/weight etc said out of the blue "wow you've really lost it on your arms - they are looking great". Was so pleased - I was very self conscious of the top of my arms flapping about.. haha !

NSV 2 - Ive signed up for my first 5k in mid July - I have never run outside before and could only manage 5 mins on a treadmill. On Thursday I jogged for 1k around a park ... yay go meeeeee!!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!! I can run!! This goes against every grain of my athletic being. I am not a runner. Never have been, never will be. Don't want to be. Okay, all joking aside. The wife and I successfully ran our first 5k this morning. There was no walking, very little whining and a heck of a lot of fun to do it together!!! Finished in just over 33 minutes, so a decent pace for the longest continuous run that I've ever done at one time. Oh, and lest I forget, I won our little 12-person golf tournament yesterday by posting a new personal low score.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!