share your NSV for today!

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My co-workers were pretty impressed with my ability to lift some pretty heavy cases of liquor today when unloading our shipment from the truck. 3 of us did over 500 cases :)
  • annemw82
    annemw82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    4.1 miles in 48 mins today.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Ran my first sub 8 minute mile since high school!

Did it in 7:57...barely made it, but I made it!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Finally completed a full workout in the pool for the first time in over a week. Not the time I wanted, but at least I FINISHED the bleeping thing.

Had to get some scrub pants tailored because in just under a year of having them, they were at least 1 size too big.

Have been dealing with massive amounts of stress this past week, yet still managed to come in under goal (This week's nets have been mostly under 100 because of the exercise, but the over all calories BEFORE exercise is still under goal.)
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    was told today by my staff that I am getting sexy...lol...it was a nice compliment.

WTG everyone!! I love reading all about your NSV's!! Keep up the amazing work and dedicaiton.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    got told "you're gonna disappear if you get any smaller!"

so not true, but it felt nice!
  • icanfinallybeme
    icanfinallybeme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried to eat a cupcake today, and could only barely lick off a bit of icing before having to stop because the sugar was too much for me to handle!
  • flexdirectcpr
    flexdirectcpr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was able to run three minutes without stopping. This is HUGE for me. I had my last cigarette almost 3 weeks ago. At that time, I
    could barely complete a minute without feeling like I was dying. Running is one of the reasons I want to lose weight. I have always dreamed of running long distances and now I actually feel like it is possible.
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    mine: When I started this journey, my bras were tight on the 3rd (the last) clasp. Today, I had to use the 1st clasp and it's possible they might be too big :)

#2: I had to tighten my watch band. Who knew you could lose weight in your wrists??

HaHa, Same thing here! I measured my waist and hips and they were the same but the scale said I lost weight ... so I measured under my breast and I lost an Inch and a half! Amazing! Congrats! Keep up the great work.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    So at the gym, I was holding back tears of pride. Finally, after almost a year of trying and giving up, trying and giving up, etc, I can do lunges with a weighted bar (18lb at the moment) on my shoulders without almost falling over!!!!!! My stability is getting better, and my quads are getting stronger. I'm so damn proud of myself you guys have no idea!

Oh, and I totally hit on the guy working at the gym :blushing:
  • sleilani69
    Options
    Thanks...I didn't know either!!
  • SuzieQ724
    SuzieQ724 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My co-workers were pretty impressed with my ability to lift some pretty heavy cases of liquor today when unloading our shipment from the truck. 3 of us did over 500 cases :)

Liquor lifting? Sounds like a place I'd like to work :drinker:
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The Radiologist I am working with today just told me that he thinks its great how much weight I have lost so far. He said "you can really see how much work I am putting into it." YAY NSV
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    mine: When I started this journey, my bras were tight on the 3rd (the last) clasp. Today, I had to use the 1st clasp and it's possible they might be too big :)

#2: I had to tighten my watch band. Who knew you could lose weight in your wrists??

I had this happen this morning actually except mine clasps in the front and there is no adjusting it...a few weeks ago it was feeling tight and uncomfortable and this morning it is loose and feels like it's falling off (strapless)
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My doctor measured my blood pressure today and for the first time in over 25 years it is 120/ 80. I am sooooo happy! :smile:
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    It takes me way less time to do the house work each week. I just fly through it now. I used to need a nap when I was done. Now I go for a run.
  • Lyby
    Lyby Posts: 42
    Options
    I am a road-eater --- especially tricky since my job frequently involves travel in a vehicle by myself.
    I have walked away from soda (regular and diet) and keep a fountain water in my cup holder instead (my brain presumes if I'm drinking it through a straw it must be sinful).
    It is difficult for me if I'm driving and get hungry --- traditional road warrior food is pork rinds, twizzlers, cheese popcorn, cheese nibs and slim jims, etc. I loooovvveee salty snacks.
    So I've got an hour drive in the car by myself. Genuine hunger sets in (it was 6pm, past my normal meal time). There is a decent salad waiting for me when I get home, but I've got to do something in the meantime. So I stop at Caseys (convenience store) --- and I bought a BANANA! I chose that store because I knew they kept fresh fruit and I followed through on it! This is a completely new behavior for me --- I don't like fruits and veggies --- a little victory that there was no one to witness but me.
    I'm hoping there was nobody there to witness me throwing the banana peel out my car window either lol.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Actually have two:

1) Noticed today driving home from class that I can now easily slip three fingers between my tummy and the steering wheel. (Not even 2 months ago, I could barely slip one finger between unless I pressed or really SUCKED the tummy in!)

2) The clothes I bought just as the weather started to warm about 2 months ago are already too big. Especially the pants.

Oh! And, I'm actually starting to develop some curves again in the right places! (like curving IN at the waist, instead of out)
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I can now flex my back muscles. Ooh yeah!
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This morning I put on a pair of Khaki's that I could not wear 2 months ago and they were too big.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!