DEEP THOUGHTS

Options
CrazyTrackLady
CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
What's the speed of dark? We have a speed of light. And for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Therefore, there MUST be a speed of dark.

I also am convinced there is an edge to our universe. If it is continuously expanding, then it must be expanding into SOMETHING (emptiness). Therefore, the area it expands into meets the expanding universe, thus creating an edge that is continuously moving.

What are your deep thoughts?

Replies

• MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Deep. Far too deep for me. I'll be lurking.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Actually "dark" is just the absence of light. So no speed. Since dark is well, nothing.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Why are you convinced there's an edge to the universe? Scientists have proven that what appears to be a solid object is actually made up of mostly space. So there's the appearance of solidity, not necessarily the actuality of it. A trick of the light. Material reality is relative, much like a lap only exists when one is sitting down.

You wanna go deep? Ask yourself, Who Am I?

(And if an answer comes, it's wrong).
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    The speed of dark is exactly the same as the speed of light. Dark disappears as quickly as light appears.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

:glasses: me too...mind some company? :laugh:
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    The speed of dark is exactly the same as the speed of light. Dark disappears as quickly as light appears.

Win
  • TC1728
    TC1728 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

:glasses: me too...mind some company? :laugh:

If it's ok, I'm with you two. I promise to be a gentleman.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    In what follows, theories of love are tentatively and hesitantly classified into four types: love as union, love as robust concern, love as valuing, and love as an emotion. It should be clear, however, that particular theories classified under one type sometimes also include, without contradiction, ideas central to other types. The types identified here overlap to some extent, and in some cases classifying particular theories may involve excessive pigeonholing.

Part of the classificatory problem is that many accounts of love are quasi-reductionistic, understanding love in terms of notions like affection, evaluation, attachment, etc., which themselves never get analyzed. Even when these accounts eschew explicitly reductionistic language, very often little attempt is made to show how one such “aspect” of love is conceptually connected to others. As a result, there is no clear and obvious way to classify particular theories, let alone identify what the relevant classes should be.

Given that on this view the lovers do not give up their individual identities, there is no principled reason why the union view cannot make sense of the lover's concern for her beloved for his sake.[4] Moreover, Friedman argues, once we construe union as federation, we can see that autonomy is not a zero-sum game; rather, love can both directly enhance the autonomy of each and promote the growth of various skills, like realistic and critical self-evaluation, that foster autonomy.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    :wink: I love this topic.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.

One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes... and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.

Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.

Philosophy is the highest music.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options

Win

MY DEEP THOUGHTS EXACTLY!

Now, who can explain why my dog hates it when I blow in her face, but loves to stick her head out the window when we're in the car? I'm not the original author of that question, but I wonder about it.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    Why are you convinced there's an edge to the universe? Scientists have proven that what appears to be a solid object is actually made up of mostly space. So there's the appearance of solidity, not necessarily the actuality of it. A trick of the light. Material reality is relative, much like a lap only exists when one is sitting down.

You wanna go deep? Ask yourself, Who Am I?

(And if an answer comes, it's wrong).

If there is a beginning to the universe, there must be an end to it, and therefore where beginning meets end, there must be an edge -- if not literally, certainly figuratively.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.

One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes... and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.

Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.

Philosophy is the highest music.

THAT is deep. I once philosophized about music and found myself in an alternative universe.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    Actually "dark" is just the absence of light. So no speed. Since dark is well, nothing.

Orrrr maybe, light is the absence of dark? Either way, they both contain matter, hence they exist.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    Can we freeze electricity?
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    It's all one "big" playstation xbox whatever simulation game, in which the sims are playing a sim, and those sims playing a sim and so forth and so on.
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hmmm no wonder I failed physics....
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Well, its just like the holodeck in Star Trek...the ancients believed the gods were in another dimension controlling the universe and people they created. Our universe was created for their amusement. We are just at the point of doing that ourselves...look at all the universes we have created through computer games and how we control what happens. Just like the holodeck the gods like to interact with us...aw well life is but a dream:laugh:
  • blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    A sneeze travels at speed's up to 100 MPH. Does that mean that if you are driving your car at a speed of 100 MPH and you sneeze then your sneeze is 200 MPH?
  • whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    CrazyTrackLad,

I adore your post about speed of dark.. Very interesting, great thinking.