Replies

• _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    "I'd rather be rich than stupid." ~ Jack Handy, Deep Thoughts
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    dark, like cold, doesn't exist. Therefore can not have a speed.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Where do all the single socks go?
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

If you can see it or feel it, it exists. If you don't see it or can't feel it, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
  • 3foldchord
    Options

Sock Heaven. There is even a song about it, so you KNOW it has to exist!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I've always like the thought that while the brain is real, the MIND is a metaphor.

The mind, or a collection of thoughts, life experiences, moods, etc, all built on itself within a lifetime, doesn't have a physical body. It isn't tangible. Our minds are purely and solely what we THINK, which is ephemeral. Physical things can affect it, but what it is ITSELF is not able to be pinpointed.

It cannot be quantified.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    If a tree fall's down in the woods and no one is around to hear it fall, does it still make noise? This has boggled my mind since I was a child.

Who is on a $10,000 dollar bill again?

so if you talk to me and I don't hear it...did you still make a noise?
  • 3foldchord
    Options

If you can see it or feel it, it exists. If you don't see it or can't feel it, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

scientifically speaking, cold and dark are not "real terms". cold is just 'lack of heat' and dark is just 'lack of light' scientifically speaking things are neither cold nor dark, just less hot and less light.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Actually "dark" is just the absence of light. So no speed. Since dark is well, nothing.

Orrrr maybe, light is the absence of dark? Either way, they both contain matter, hence they exist.

jiFfM.jpg
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    This morning I dutch-ovened myself and now my eyebrows are bleeding, which leads to my question which is do you think Valpo can uspet MSU in round 1?
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options

Sock Heaven. There is even a song about it, so you KNOW it has to exist!!

The rings of Saturn ???
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    This morning I dutch-ovened myself and now my eyebrows are bleeding, which leads to my question which is do you think Valpo can uspet MSU in round 1?

Hope so...
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

Only if Jordan comes out of retirement.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I feel like killing someone,
    I do a little trick to calm myself down.
    I'll go over to the person's house and ring the doorbell.
    When the person comes to the door, I'm gone,
    but you know what I've left on the porch?
    A jack-o-lantern with a knife stuck in the side
    of its head with a note that says "You."
    After that I usually feel a lot better, and no harm done.
    ---Jack Handy
    \m/
  • oex0duso
    oex0duso Posts: 27
    Options
    Now, who can explain why my dog hates it when I blow in her face, but loves to stick her head out the window when we're in the car? I'm not the original author of that question, but I wonder about it.

The only thing I can think of for this is that, when you blow in their face, you are emitting more CO2. When they have their head hanging out of the window, it is mostly Oxygen.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    2i1zip0.png
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Actually "dark" is just the absence of light. So no speed. Since dark is well, nothing.

Orrrr maybe, light is the absence of dark? Either way, they both contain matter, hence they exist.

RmSFI.gif
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    How many other worlds are there in existence, in this plane of dimension? And how many dimensions really exist? How many "me's" are there?

Is everything a dream, a could be, a what will or maybe should? And who's the dreamer?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    How many other worlds are there in existence, in this plane of dimension? And how many dimensions really exist? How many "me's" are there?

Is everything a dream, a could be, a what will or maybe should? And who's the dreamer?

String theory offers some cool ideas about this, all tied up in quantum physics stuff. I <3 that kind of thought train.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    String theory? My cats might be able to help with that.

JM