things that make you laugh at the gym...

Options

Replies

• salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Seeing this dainty little female doing crunches on an exercise ball and letting out a fart that sounded like a watermelon being dropped on concrete from a 2 story window.

Pahahaha! I love it! I have a female workout buddy and we were doing leg raises on a hardwood floor and she let one go and it zapped, like a bug zapper would sound. Needless to say it took my 10 minutes to recover because I was laughing so hard the tears were running on my shirt and I could NOT breath! We always look forward to our ab workouts! :)
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Seeing this dainty little female doing crunches on an exercise ball and letting out a fart that sounded like a watermelon being dropped on concrete from a 2 story window.

Pahahaha! I love it! I have a female workout buddy and we were doing leg raises on a hardwood floor and she let one go and it zapped, like a bug zapper would sound. Needless to say it took my 10 minutes to recover because I was laughing so hard the tears were running on my shirt and I could NOT breath! We always look forward to our ab workouts! :)

I call them my turbo boost when doing squats. Let extra upward force to get that last rep.:laugh:
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options

I call them my turbo boost when doing squats. Let extra upward force to get that last rep.:laugh:

Someone else posted that they can't help it when it happens because it's always funny. My gym buddy and I die laughing every time! We have so much fun working out together!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

Someone else posted that they can't help it when it happens because it's always funny. My gym buddy and I die laughing every time! We have so much fun working out together!

The real question here is whether or not you attempt to cover up the fart with a grunt. It either works or it just sounds like you're trying really hard to fart.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I hate threads like this. I dont notice other people at the gym and I pray they aren't noticing me either. Leave me alone and let me do my thing.
    Yup.

Makes me wonder what all these posters are doing at the gym. Seems like most of them just look at other people instead of actually working out...

I like to people watch in between sets. You'll live.

yep, me too!!! :drinker:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    If I lose enough weight to be comfortable wearing cute outfits to the gym, you better believe I will be :)

^^^^THIS
    [/quote]
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure people were laughing at me a couple times when I was on the treadmill just walking, but also choreographing at the same time for a couple ballet classes I teach. Lots of interesting arm movements, I'm sure some feet and hip moves, all punctuated by frantic scribbling in my notebook. :laugh:
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    I love the men that workout at a ridiculous rate when they know you are watching them :-)

I hate when I'm finishing a long run on the treadmill, sweating my *kitten* off and dying inside. Hot woman gets on the treadmill next to me and I have to turn into an elite, super-fit marathoner! When actually my inner run monologue is this,

10 minutes in - Wow, I feel good, I love to run!!
    20 minutes in - damn, only 20 minutes?? WTF is this song playing on my phone?
    21 minutes in - I f***ing hate this song!!!
    30 minutes in - halfway there, damn only half way? I hate running! I want to go home, order a pizza and get fat again!
    40 minutes in - you can do it, just stop *****ing and keep going
    41 minutes in - wtf? This song is playing again??
    50 minutes in - 10 minutes left, almost done, I am sooooo not a runner, this sucks!
    55 minutes in - Hot woman gets on the treadmill next to mine, I move my speed up to a speed I can barely run at without falling off the treadmill
    60 minutes - done, she smiles, I smile back like I love to run!!

Oh lord hahaha, this made my night.
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    The girl at my school gym that walks in with her friends and is too weak to use many of the machines even on their lowest setting. So she sits there for a bit and goes to lift the small weight balls instead.

...oh wait that's me. Lol. The funniest *other* people there have got to be the frat boys. They range from super buff to stocky but slightly pudgy from too many nights spent drinking and the (few) rest spent studying.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    The idiots who have to find a parking spot close to the entrance. God forbid you walk an extra 10 seconds from where there's plenty of empty spots. I hope your car gets dinged or someone breaks into it because it's sandwiched in between a truck and an SUV and no one can see the culprit OR you get fender bender trying to back out in cramped quarters. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    The people who hop off a cardio machine to buy some neon colored drink from the vending machine (people actually buy those?!) and then get right back on the machine to finish their workout. It's called water. Drink it til you pee clear and then go workout.
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    This could be a very long list. But I'll keep it to my most recent pet peeve... Weight Belts. If all your doing is slamming a medicine ball on the ground as you grunt loudly do you really need that.... Oh you say it helps your performance. Ok so it helps you portray a dumb@ss even better. Got it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    The unfit overweight guy that comes in the gym with his SO, then tries to impress her by saying he can do the Stepmill at the highest setting for 10 minutes.
    Then starts climbing on it and raises it to level 20, hangs of for dear life then face plants at the bottom.

Then I have to jump off the stepmill I'm on, get him up, check if he's okay then say "Dude, you just had the wrong shoes on."

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    The girls who show up in their velour track suits or their super short/tight shorts with their makeup all done and their hair down/teased. I'm just like really?? You look so ridiculous!! I can't help but laugh. Actually, not too long back, there was a girl wearing a short/tight leopard print skirt on the eliptical!! Can we say desperate?!

I think those girls look hot.

Hearing women complain about other women at the gym amuses me.

Never once have I heard a guy give two poops about what another guy is wearing at the gym.

I think it's you with the insecurities.

:flowerforyou:

dude have you ever tried to work out in a skirt or skin tight cloths or full make up on?

then you dont understand how ridiculous it is. Its not an insecurity thing its a observing someone being stupid thing.

When I did go to the gym, I always went in makeup and dressed in sweat pants and long sleeves; because that's how *I* felt comfortable. Even if it's just a little bit mascara or eyeshadow, that makes me feel secure. And to be frank, it's really none of your concern or your damn business what the hell other women are doing/wearing. Sadly, it DOES sound like insecurity to me as well.

It's always nice to know people like you like to sit on your high-horse and judge people who want to look how they want at the gym or wear makeup to the gym. A place where people go (or at least sound be going) to focus on themselves and their health. It's really ironic, people don't want to be judged yet they are constantly judging others. What the hell?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I'm the girl that wears make up at the gym - I go there after work

I park close to the door - when I'm done working out its dark and my gym is in a shady neighbourhood

I don't recall anyone in particular making me laugh, but I'm sure I've provided a few giggles, sometimes I wear a ball cap at the gym to keep my hair out of my face, but then I'll forget I'm wearing it and hit the brim with a medicine ball or my hands or a kettle bell lol then I scare myself lol
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    there was a guy the other day who was almost dancing with a lat pull-down machine. He sort of started off to the side of the machine and yanked the cable down with both hands while leaning out on one foot. then he quickly swung over to the other side and yanked it down again, leaning out on the other foot. He was just leaping back and forth and hauling the cable down...it was just weird. I guess he was getting some aerobic benefit from it.....
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    There's a girl at my gym who comes in for a total of 5 minutes. She comes in, lays on the ground and stretches her back on a rolled up yoga mat and then she leaves.
    Not so much funny as odd.

I do something similar :)

I run around the oval near my gym and then go into the gym to do stretches/abs and use the scales because I don't have them at home.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    The girl who was going pretty fast on the treadmill, gets her hand caught in her earphones, rips her ipod right off the treadmill stand, sends it crashing down onto the treadmill, she goes to grab it, knocks her towel off, it hits the belt and goes flying off the back, meanwhile, she's tripping over the belt to try and catch this all, and THEN and only THEN, does she think to turn the dang belt off!! Ok, so this was me, but I'm sure it was a site to see!!!
  • meaningful99
    Options
    I had to laugh at the lady in a sequined top and sparkly purse (but with exercise pants and sneakers on) who left looking sweaty and disheveled about 15 minutes later. But good for her. Then I laughed at the muscle-y guy preening and pursing his lips in the mirror. He actually has a great body, but his attitude makes him seem so foolish. And of course, I'm perfect in every way...