things that make you laugh at the gym...

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Today at the gym one of their personal trainers came and asked how much longer I would be at the bench press (also asked the guy on the other rack). He graciously told her she could go ahead and use it. She then took the olympic bar over to the middle of the room, and had her client kneel on the floor and grab one end of the bar, and with the other end on the floor do a sort of overhead press with it. I am not quite sure what this exercise is, but I would imagine it would be much easier with a dumbell.
    mike
    Landmine presses, badass exercise that is (and also feels) completely different from the dumbbell variant.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Seeing this dainty little female doing crunches on an exercise ball and letting out a fart that sounded like a watermelon being dropped on concrete from a 2 story window.

I only do workouts like this.. in the privacy of my home.. so if that happens I don't care... BUT it makes me feel so much better that it is somewhat normal.
  • Rado_SVK
    Rado_SVK Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Another guy that gets on the treadmill and he does his little stretching routine. I die laughing every time I see it. He only runs for like 10 minutes then then goes to lift weights. Very funny watching him stretch for the weight lifting also.

Wait.. what's funny about that?
    exactly
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... why buy expensive workout clothes (like velour) when you are going to sweat in them and then they will forever stink and be thrown away in a year-- waste of money...

Good grief, it's their money to buy it if they want to. Some people like to look good whatever they are doing.

What's it to you?!
  • Kreider86
    Kreider86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the women in full makeup/hair done may be coming straight from work, are on their lunch break, etc.... No need to judge. I really don't think many people would actually spend time getting ready to go to the gym. I see a big difference in how women look at the gym going at 6:00 am and 6:00 pm- a lot more "done up" women in the evening.

If I lose enough weight to be comfortable wearing cute outfits to the gym, you better believe I will be :)

THANK YOU! If I'm there in the afternoon, I have makeup on. I don't put it on to go there, it's already on and I'm not going to waste time washing it off first. Hell, It's amazing I remember to take out my dangling earrings first. But then I'm also 42, short, fat just trying to get my day's "to do" list done. NOT a cutesy little gym bunny trying to attract attention.

^Amen, ditto!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... why buy expensive workout clothes (like velour) when you are going to sweat in them and then they will forever stink and be thrown away in a year-- waste of money...

Good grief, it's their money to buy it if they want to. Some people like to look good whatever they are doing.

What's it to you?!

No one is saying that they can't buy what they want with their money.

And fortunately, no one is saying that people shouldn't post their opinion of their decision on the MFP forums either.*

(* Oh wait...I guess some people are actually saying that.)
  • jniels1975
    jniels1975 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I work out at a wellness center attached to a hospital where lots of aging folks had hip replacements etc and they are always falling off the swiss balls onto mats and laughing about it. It just makes my day!
  • jniels1975
    jniels1975 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I work out at a wellness center attached to a hospital where lots of aging folks had hip replacements etc and they are always falling off the swiss balls onto mats and laughing about it. It just makes my day!
  • nicola19489
    nicola19489 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i fear i am one of those people getting laughed at..i wear foundation to the gym (nothing heavy) as i have scarring on my face so when i see girls with makeup on it could be because they are insecure about their skin and what people would think..unless theyve got a full on smokey eye going on but i also go with my hair in a bun after work and have actually had a woman ask me why its like that...ermm i have literally come straight from work where we have thats how we have to wear it im not going to spend ages taking it out when actuslly its nice not having my hair getting alllll sweaty.

i love it when people are on the ski machine and people literallly do it that quickly they arent even contracting theirclegs just seem to be shaking their butts.

if it wasnt for finding things amusing i doubt id be able to workput for so long. good distraction from pain!
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The people that pay for a personal trainer and do a set, walk for 5 minutes, do a set, talk for 5 minutes. It would be great if they were talking nutrition or workouts, but the one at my gym on Sunday was talking about movies and what she did the night before. If you are paying top dollar for a trainer ( and unfortunately, the trainers at our gym are top dollar) work hard and get your money's worth

My trainer is either too smart or too ethical for that - no way he let's me stall like that. And, believe me, I try. :grumble:
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    When bros squat in the curl rack

Or chicks--I definitely get my squat on there.

I see your curls in the sqaut rack, and I Raise you skinny guy doing SITUP's in a Power rack! This is after I had loaded over 100lb's to do Overhead pressing!

Or people using collars on Barbells with 5KG either side. Or Using Colalrs on Bench press, then refusing a spotter and getting stuck under the bar!!
  • elfelejtem
    Options
    When I started the gym..well still..i started to look at people around me to see how fit they are,how they look,hoping i might look the same.Of course criticism is in every person..
    I saw a very sexy man,from behind he was running on the bege for ages,sweating..and he looked damn good from behind..nice *kitten*,nice legs ..everything perfect..fit..until he finished and turned back.He had a huge belly!!!!
    I almost fainted..by loughing...
    Nope,he didnt realise it was about him,im not that insensitive..
    But it was just...LOOOL
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    People who circle the gym parking lot looking for the closest parking space. Walk a few steps, will ya? You're headed into the gym. Think of it as a warm-up.

OMG. I did this just last night and had to laugh at myself when I realized it. Too funny.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Okay, I want to hear a shout out if any of you agree. This is going to prove that everyone should wear underwear or at least the shorts that has underwear built in them, to the gym! This happened about a year ago, I was at the gym on one of the elliptical machines, getting into my own groove, sweating, rapid heartrate.. ya know the good stuff! When all of a sudden the guy that is in front of me, kind of diagonal so I can see him quite clearly. He is on one of these cross country runners and is running very fast. His unmentionables fall out of his shorts, and dude is not even aware! So, in the midst of me taking a sip of my water, I notice this and spit my water halfway across the room. I had to completely stop to get off of the machine so I could laugh uncontrollably. I didn't have the heart to tell him, was hoping that one of the other guys might tell him. So what is your thoughts on going commando at the gym? LOL:blushing:
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sooo many things at the gym amuse me, and 50% of those things are done BY me. The main thing that I do that I KNOW looks crazy is when I ride the stationary bike, sometimes I will do interval training. I'll ride at a steady pace for 4 minutes and then go as fast as I possibly can for 1 minute, then repeat. The problem is that I have big breasts, so when I'm doing my super fast minute, those puppies are flopping all over the place. It's not a pretty sight.

The only time I can remember being truly amused by someone else is when I was going to my community center gym and there was a huge guy there who was weightlifting with his friend. They were taking turns and when it wasn't his turn to lift, he was eating Cheetos. At one point, he sat on the weight bench and ate his Cheetos while watching TV. I remember being so mad because I really wanted some Cheetos after that, but I was cutting back on snack foods. I felt he was rubbing his Cheetos-eating ways in my face. LOL.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    parachute pants
  • twiggypal
    twiggypal Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Okay, I want to hear a shout out if any of you agree. This is going to prove that everyone should wear underwear or at least the shorts that has underwear built in them, to the gym! This happened about a year ago, I was at the gym on one of the elliptical machines, getting into my own groove, sweating, rapid heartrate.. ya know the good stuff! When all of a sudden the guy that is in front of me, kind of diagonal so I can see him quite clearly. He is on one of these cross country runners and is running very fast. His unmentionables fall out of his shorts, and dude is not even aware! So, in the midst of me taking a sip of my water, I notice this and spit my water halfway across the room. I had to completely stop to get off of the machine so I could laugh uncontrollably. I didn't have the heart to tell him, was hoping that one of the other guys might tell him. So what is your thoughts on going commando at the gym? LOL:blushing:

hahaha. should be tight and practical.....dont want any soldiers left behind.
  • twiggypal
    twiggypal Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Finniest things at the gym....for me the slightest/skinny dude in a golds gym baggie vest. so ironic
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump