things that make you laugh at the gym...

Options

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    People who circle the gym parking lot looking for the closest parking space. Walk a few steps, will ya? You're headed into the gym. Think of it as a warm-up.
  • mkivar09
    mkivar09 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love to people watch when I go to the gym, which is our local community center, so there is a wide variety of ages, fitness levels, etc. The thing I get a kick out of are the ones that sit on the stationary bikes watching the bank of TVs. Their peddling speed is directly proportional to the interest they have in a program. TV gets "good" - peddling slows or stops. Or the ones that just sit on the bike and text, no peddling. Seems like a waste of money to me...:tongue:
  • MissMay87
    MissMay87 Posts: 76
    Options
    I hate when I'm finishing a long run on the treadmill, sweating my *kitten* off and dying inside. Hot woman gets on the treadmill next to me and I have to turn into an elite, super-fit marathoner! When actually my inner run monologue is this,

10 minutes in - Wow, I feel good, I love to run!!
    20 minutes in - damn, only 20 minutes?? WTF is this song playing on my phone?
    21 minutes in - I f***ing hate this song!!!
    30 minutes in - halfway there, damn only half way? I hate running! I want to go home, order a pizza and get fat again!
    40 minutes in - you can do it, just stop *****ing and keep going
    41 minutes in - wtf? This song is playing again??
    50 minutes in - 10 minutes left, almost done, I am sooooo not a runner, this sucks!
    55 minutes in - Hot woman gets on the treadmill next to mine, I move my speed up to a speed I can barely run at without falling off the treadmill
    60 minutes - done, she smiles, I smile back like I love to run!!
    [/quote]

:laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I hate threads like this. I dont notice other people at the gym and I pray they aren't noticing me either. Leave me alone and let me do my thing.
    Yup.

Makes me wonder what all these posters are doing at the gym. Seems like most of them just look at other people instead of actually working out...

I admire your remarkable, almost unbelievable concentration not to notice anything unusual around you when you workout.

Actually, I'm a little bit concerned that you may not have enough awareness of your surroundings. That sounds potentially dangerous.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I'm probably what people laugh at in the gym because I'm constantly opening my water and it exploding all over me...
    Happens to me a lot. I was with my personal trainer the first tie, answering questions, getting my evaluation, etc... my water bottle erupted all over my, the table where the papers were, the floor.....
    My water bottle hates me.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I truthfully don't think I have seen anything that has made me laugh at the gym. I go and work out and focus on myself, and get out.

There was one time that a staff member laughed at my friend and I, who went to look at the rock climbing wall that expands from the basement up to the second level of the gym, because both of our mouths were hanging wide open and he caught us. That was kinda funny.

Edit: Rock climbing wall was not three stories. Lol.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    a few weeks ago, a woman on the treadmill next to me was walking on a high incline while listening to her headphones. rather than panting, breathing hard, or grunting, she moaned. thats right...orgasm style moaning-- every 30 seconds or so.

new piercing, perhaps?
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The girls who show up in their velour track suits or their super short/tight shorts with their makeup all done and their hair down/teased. I'm just like really?? You look so ridiculous!! I can't help but laugh. Actually, not too long back, there was a girl wearing a short/tight leopard print skirt on the eliptical!! Can we say desperate?!

I think those girls look hot.

Hearing women complain about other women at the gym amuses me.

Never once have I heard a guy give two poops about what another guy is wearing at the gym.

I think it's you with the insecurities.

:flowerforyou:

dude have you ever tried to work out in a skirt or skin tight cloths or full make up on?

then you dont understand how ridiculous it is. Its not an insecurity thing its a observing someone being stupid thing.
  • trollsb
    trollsb Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Heavy cardio in full makeup, hair do, fancy evening wear and stilettos isn't that weird - possibly less common in a gym - but I do ballroom & latin dancing so that is what you do your workout in.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    I laugh at myself in the mirror attempting to do Zumba. What's funnier is a guy doing Zumba. I just don't think Zumba was made for men.

It's also funny to hear the Latino women in the back of the room singing every word to the songs (which I do not understand). It's funny in a cool way, we all laugh with them, bc they get so into it and many of us, "just can't bc we don't "get it".
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I love the men that workout at a ridiculous rate when they know you are watching them :-)

I hate when I'm finishing a long run on the treadmill, sweating my *kitten* off and dying inside. Hot woman gets on the treadmill next to me and I have to turn into an elite, super-fit marathoner! When actually my inner run monologue is this,

10 minutes in - Wow, I feel good, I love to run!!
    20 minutes in - damn, only 20 minutes?? WTF is this song playing on my phone?
    21 minutes in - I f***ing hate this song!!!
    30 minutes in - halfway there, damn only half way? I hate running! I want to go home, order a pizza and get fat again!
    40 minutes in - you can do it, just stop *****ing and keep going
    41 minutes in - wtf? This song is playing again??
    50 minutes in - 10 minutes left, almost done, I am sooooo not a runner, this sucks!
    55 minutes in - Hot woman gets on the treadmill next to mine, I move my speed up to a speed I can barely run at without falling off the treadmill
    60 minutes - done, she smiles, I smile back like I love to run!!

LOL.
  • garryt1980
    garryt1980 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I fully support the tight short shorts and all the makeup and stuff because I know they're dressed up to be seen and I feel it's my duty to do my part and indulge them... It's because I care;)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    There's this girl at the gym who is AMAZING. She is totally my role model. She wears really weird clothes, has a rainbow cord on her headphones, her hair looks awesome and her makeup too... and she exudes so much self-confidence that I can't help but admire her. Not to mention her killer body.

Whenever I see her in the gym I can't help but watch, and DAMN she really does not give a crap about anyone watching her. Some of her exercises look really funny.

She does this thing on the treadmill... where she goes into really deep lunges as the treadmill is going slowly. It looks funny as hell, but does she ever rock it!

I <3 you and your great attitude.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I go to a women only gym. When the occasional male shows up to do maintenance or whatever, we all notice, he looks so out of place. Our reaction makes me smile.

I go to a women's only gym too!! Every time maintenance work requires a man to come into the gym, the staff have to ask every single lady in the gym whether they mind. The first time it happened to me, a staff member jumped on the treadmill next to mine and shocked me so much, I pressed the stop button (I was running at about 5.5 mph). I think she laughed at me in her head XD

I have to admit that I also laugh (in my head) at girls who do not know how to throw a punch in kickboxing class properly ^^;; I'm not trying to mock them, but it just looks funny ...
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I can't help but laugh at people who have really out-there running strides. I'm probably doing silly things, myself, but if I'm behind the treadmills on one of the other cardio machines I'm probably laughing my head off (on the inside).

P.S
    I'm also one of those made-up girls at the gym. I go during my lunch hour or at the end of my day. Sometimes I'm made up because it's the beginning of my day and the gym is close to work/school but far from home. I'm not a person who showers, uses the blow dryer, and does all of her make up in the gross stuffy locker room. I'm just gonna freshen up a little and go about my business.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I hate threads like this. I dont notice other people at the gym and I pray they aren't noticing me either. Leave me alone and let me do my thing.
    Yup.

Makes me wonder what all these posters are doing at the gym. Seems like most of them just look at other people instead of actually working out...

I like to people watch in between sets. You'll live.

what else are you going to do with 2.5 minutes of rest between deads...stare at the floor..??
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    There's a girl at my gym who comes in for a total of 5 minutes. She comes in, lays on the ground and stretches her back on a rolled up yoga mat and then she leaves.
    Not so much funny as odd.
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    In to catch up later.

My gym is in my basement, so the only things I see there that make me laugh are the things I'm doing. Not quite the same.

ETA: Oh, I thought of something. I seem to think that I'm coordinated enough to remove a shirt while walking on the treadmill...and while I haven't actually fallen yet, I've come very close many times.

HAHAHAHAHA I have in a crowed gym. Usually it is cool so I wore a sweatshirt. Not long into my run I was uncomfortable so, having done this countless times, I decided to take it off while running. Well, went down face first and got shot off the treadmill, landing in the aisle. A bunch of people came over as I lay there asking me if I was ok, problem was I couldn't stop laughing. When I was able to stop, I stood up and took a bow, lol
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    The girls who show up in their velour track suits or their super short/tight shorts with their makeup all done and their hair down/teased. I'm just like really?? You look so ridiculous!! I can't help but laugh. Actually, not too long back, there was a girl wearing a short/tight leopard print skirt on the eliptical!! Can we say desperate?!

I think those girls look hot.

Hearing women complain about other women at the gym amuses me.

Never once have I heard a guy give two poops about what another guy is wearing at the gym.

I think it's you with the insecurities.

:flowerforyou:

No. It bothers me too, but not becuase I am insecure. They only bother me in the locker room when I have to pee. They stand and talk in front of the door to the bathroom and then stand at the sinks doing their hair and makeup or taking pictures. If they got out of the way, I don't think I would notice them. I don't see they in the GYM area at all though, so I am really not sure what they do with their time, if they ever leave the locker room.

I'm highly doubting that they're going to the gym just to do their hair and make up.

Even if they are . . . . who cares?

Workout. Take a shower, Get dressed and get on with your day.

This whole thing just comes off as really petty to me.

Yeah, I agree.. glad none of these people work out at my gym cause they'd get mad cause my hair looks better than theirs.. damn.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Yup.

I like to people watch in between sets. You'll live.

what else are you going to do with 2.5 minutes of rest between deads...stare at the floor..??

Yeah really..