things that make you laugh at the gym...

Options

Replies

• fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    Options
    The girl on booty shorts...and ugg boots.

I wish I could wear UGG boots and booty shorts and look good LoL!

ETA: That might not be the best gym attire though.
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This kid, whom must have weighed 160 lbs, goes over to the dumbbell rack and proceeds to "curl" 75 lb dumbbells in each hand. His screams (they were not even grunts) were so loud that even the people in the spinning and aerobics classes stopped what they were doing to see what was going on. I even think the gym's loudspeaker music skipped.

"HUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAARG!"

I don't have anything against grunting or screaming, but that was ridiculous.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    This kid, whom must have weighed 160 lbs, goes over to the dumbbell rack and proceeds to "curl" 75 lb dumbbells in each hand. His screams (they were not even grunts) were so loud that even the people in the spinning and aerobics classes stopped what they were doing to see what was going on. I even think the gym's loudspeaker music skipped.

"HUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAARG!"

I don't have anything against grunting or screaming, but that was ridiculous.

LOL!!!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    One of my friends shared a pic on facebook. The caption read something like "Only in Midland, Texas would you see a guy working out on the elliptical in his insulated bib coveralls." I looked at the picture and immediately knew it was one of my friends. I sent the picture to him letting him know he'd gone "viral". lol He hasn't stopped working out in his coveralls though! Whatever it takes!

LOL that is awesome
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I laugh at my gym's trainers who seem to think that resting during strength training workout is bad...

They tend to fit as many isolation/machine exercises into their client's 30 mins as they can.

I had one of the trainers tell me as I was in the squat rack that I should do pushups between my sets of squats. I said I'm resting in between sets so that I can complete my sets of squats. He told me I wasn't worrking hard enough. This is the same genius trainer that was teach a client to squat using the Smith.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the women in full makeup/hair done may be coming straight from work, are on their lunch break, etc.... No need to judge. I really don't think many people would actually spend time getting ready to go to the gym. I see a big difference in how women look at the gym going at 6:00 am and 6:00 pm- a lot more "done up" women in the evening.

If I lose enough weight to be comfortable wearing cute outfits to the gym, you better believe I will be :)

THANK YOU! If I'm there in the afternoon, I have makeup on. I don't put it on to go there, it's already on and I'm not going to waste time washing it off first. Hell, It's amazing I remember to take out my dangling earrings first. But then I'm also 42, short, fat just trying to get my day's "to do" list done. NOT a cutesy little gym bunny trying to attract attention.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    The 4 sorority girls that stand by the medicine ball rack looking at their nails, adjusting their spandex, flipping their hair, and "stretching"...and do essentially no exercise in the 40 minutes I'm there.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I hate threads like this. I dont notice other people at the gym and I pray they aren't noticing me either. Leave me alone and let me do my thing.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I don't really care but I do find it amusing, when dudes (usually in pairs) walk in to the gym, go straight to the DB rack, and do curls in front of the mirror for 30 minutes.

I want to make it into a Harlem shake vid.
  • AmandaW01
    AmandaW01 Posts: 138
    Options
    There is a woman at our gym who came in the other day, didn't go to the locker room, just walked to the stepper in a big winter coat, some cord trousers and a jumper and boots with a big bag. She put her bag down next to the stepper, got a kindle out of her bag and put that on the screen, then put her coat on the stepper next to her (like a coat rack), reached into her bag again and got out a HUGE bar of chocolate (one of the big family size ones), then got onto the stepper and proceeded to 'work out' with the steps barely moving, reading her book and eating her bar of chocolate!! She still had her big leather boots, jumper and thick trousers on - it was just surreal! Everyone was just looking at her totally bewildered - she finished her bar of chocolate, got a packet of crisps out of her bag and carried on eating - it was hilarious!
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I hate threads like this. I dont notice other people at the gym and I pray they aren't noticing me either. Leave me alone and let me do my thing.

Agreed.

Although, I did have a snicker at the guy that was walking to each machine and lazily using it for about 1 minute and chugging his orange Fanta in between each one.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I got a good chuckle in when my yoga instructor decided to try to correct my posture and I tumbled right over yesterday. I hope someone else also got some enjoyment out of it. We were all laughing at some point when the masochist had us holding "canoe" for like 5 minutes.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yup.

Makes me wonder what all these posters are doing at the gym. Seems like most of them just look at other people instead of actually working out...
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I don't really care but I do find it amusing, when dudes (usually in pairs) walk in to the gym, go straight to the DB rack, and do curls in front of the mirror for 30 minutes.

I want to make it into a Harlem shake vid.

I would rather see them curling in front of a mirror than curling in front of the dumbell rack blocking all the others, which is what they do at my gym :mad:
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Normally don't notice people in the gym...Live and let live.

The only one that get's me is this guy that wears sunglasses and a bandana the whole time he lifts and he even wears the glasses running on the treadmill.
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bumb
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yup.

Makes me wonder what all these posters are doing at the gym. Seems like most of them just look at other people instead of actually working out...

I like to people watch in between sets. You'll live.
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a gym that had a very high median age, and had one 75 yr old that came in 5 days a week just to get out of the 'home'. Three times I had new members come up and tell me someone had died because he constantly fell asleep on the weight benches. The first time wasn't funny, but the two after that sure were!!
  • Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I go to my school's gym. The cardio and weights are on the 2nd floor. The tredmills are facing out towards one of the basketball courts. Some guys were playing for fun. One of the guys had his shorts super low to begin with. He jumped to shoot as another guy tried to block him. Instead of blocking the ball, he pushed the guys shorts all the way down. The guy in his boxers ended up falling on the blocker. They got up very fast and all they said to other was, "I'm not gay!" Still makes me chuckle : )
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love it when I'm working out next to someone like that. It just makes me push myself that much harder. Optimism at its best :)