things that make you laugh at the gym...

Options

Replies

• Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I hate threads like this. I dont notice other people at the gym and I pray they aren't noticing me either. Leave me alone and let me do my thing.
    Yup.

Makes me wonder what all these posters are doing at the gym. Seems like most of them just look at other people instead of actually working out...

#irony

tumblr_mg32kbQynv1ruzh6po1_500.gif
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The girls who show up in their velour track suits or their super short/tight shorts with their makeup all done and their hair down/teased. I'm just like really?? You look so ridiculous!! I can't help but laugh. Actually, not too long back, there was a girl wearing a short/tight leopard print skirt on the eliptical!! Can we say desperate?!

I think those girls look hot.

Hearing women complain about other women at the gym amuses me.

Never once have I heard a guy give two poops about what another guy is wearing at the gym.

I think it's you with the insecurities.

:flowerforyou:

Maybe men should care...there is this one guy who is good looking, in good shape, and wears what I can only assume is his favorite workout shirt. I think it started out as white and now is just stained with a gazillion gallons of sweat cause it is nasty yellow. I don't care how often that he cleans it....it's nasty. I suppose his Bros don't tell him cause they think it makes them look better (for the record it does).

Funny...when someone on the lat pulldown is yanked off their seat, and then tries to act like they meant that to happen.

Honestly I can understand being amused at what people wear and I've gotten a kick or two out of some of the goofy things I've seen, but I've always had respect for anyone in the gym. They recognize they want change and are doing something about it or are pushing their limits to reach new goals. Regardless if it is a leopard print shorts and a bright pink t-shirt or a stained workout shirt wearing sunglasses at midnight (I've seen that for the record lol) It's good to see people are doing something positive for themselves.

Most of the time I don't notice what people look like because I am too busy working out or at my martial arts class cheering others on when they are pushing so hard. I think that exercise should be portrayed as a positive experience and not nit-pick what people are wearing or if they are only their for 5 minutes or 6 hours. They are doing something positive for their health and that to me is good enough. Just my humble opinion though.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    there was a girl wearing a short/tight leopard print skirt on the eliptical!! Can we say desperate?!

She could have been wearing a running skirt.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The guy who came in....laid down on the lat pull down machine bench....hooked his feet over the top of the pull down bar and proceeded to give his glutes a good workout :laugh:
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    The guy who came in....laid down on the lat pull down machine bench....hooked his feet over the top of the pull down bar and proceeded to give his glutes a good workout :laugh:

I would have loved to see that.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Last week one guy actually brought a puppy to the gym while he worked out because it couldn't stay at home all alone. A puppy...in a gym...
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Normally don't notice people in the gym...Live and let live.

The only one that get's me is this guy that wears sunglasses and a bandana the whole time he lifts and he even wears the glasses running on the treadmill.

Hey, Bret Michaels needs to get his sweat on too!
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options

I would have loved to see that.

Pretty much the entire Gym stopped and watched :bigsmile:
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    Last week one guy actually brought a puppy to the gym while he worked out because it couldn't stay at home all alone. A puppy...in a gym...

Awww. That's actually kind of cute.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I always see this woman on a bike reading a book and clearly, it must be good because she's pedaling at about 2 mph.

I got a kick out this guy the other day that walked up to the EZ-Bar rack while I was doing curls. I was curling an 80 pound EZ Bar. He looked like one of these guys that is way out of shape but acts like he's the alpha dog in the gym. Now I have no delusions about being alpha, no, I'm maybe a little above average in strength at my gym. So, this guy looks at me and probably noting he's a good half a foot taller, and picks up the other 80 pound bar. He starts doing this weird huffing and puffing thing like he's trying to pump himself up for the set. I just finish my set and put the bar down for a rest period. So this guy looks at me like, "I'm gonna show you how to do this" and struggles to get one rep up and almost blows out a hernia trying a second and drops the bar on the floor.

Instead of laughing I just picked up my bar with a smile and did 8 on my last set. lol.

I typically don't care what others are doing in the gym and know I'm a weakling compared to some guys at my gym but found it particularly funny that this guy's epic fail at trying to show me he's alpha. :laugh:
  • wiseeliz
    wiseeliz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    There's a woman who works out at my gym who (I assume) is self-motivating by occasionally yelling out things like "You got this, girl!" or "You're fabulous!" while walking or jogging on the treadmill. The first time I witnessed it, there was another woman on the treadmill next to her, and I assumed that was who the comments were directed towards. Guess not. Whatever works, I guess!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    When I fart. Can't help it, mind of a child. Farts will always be funny.
  • donnacervelli11
    donnacervelli11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I attempted to climb the rope at the gym military style and promptly fell on my *kitten*. I'm sure I gave EVERYONE a good chuckle.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Another thing that I saw a few weeks ago is this woman, maybe in her 20's, on the treadmill. She was probably 80+ pounds overweight by my guess and huffing and puffing quite a bit, going too hard. I'm guessing she was just starting to workout. Well, she got her feet tangled up and went down hard, which wasn't funny. I happened to be walking down the isle when it happened and being the hopeless white knight I am I walked over to help her up and make sure she's OK. She eneded up being OK but said she was going to leave because she was too embarrassed to get back on. So, I told her that wasn't a good reason and that I would hop on the treadmill next to her ( I was looking for an open one anyway) for moral support. She took up the offer and got back on and finished her routine (slower though) and she's now I see here there most nights back at it. I didn't get her name, didn't talk to her at all after she got back on the treamill though.

The funny part is when I got home and told my wife. Luckily my wife knows me and knows that I don't have the first clue about picking up women. My wife says, "Ya know, she probably thought you were trying to pick her up". I'm so clueless that it never dawned on my that I probably looked like a creeper. :grumble:
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    One time I was at a gym near work and there were some thirty-something, not completely in shape, guys grunting when they lifted weights and hitting on the college girls. About a year later, one of those guys was a manager on a project I worked on. It was hard not to think about his grunting and flirting.

I work for a corporation that has its own gym. One woman would dress in nice suits during the day and workout at the gym at lunch. I would always try to be a little more modest at the gym than normal because I would be in meetings with some of these people later. This woman didn't and would run on the treadmill in running shorts and bra top when a T-shirt would have been a little more flattering.

As a woman I am a profuse sweater. In spinning class, I always have a towel that is black from mascara at the end of the class and there is always a puddle on the floor. I was in a spin class once where the sweat was pouring off as usual and there was another woman who looked like she was hardly working and wasn't breathing hard or breaking a sweat. It really annoyed me. I had to laugh at myself for being so annoyed at her for not working hard. I was in my workout, she was in hers.
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I was in body pump class a couple of months ago while the New Year's resolutioner's were out. This guy with 70's style running shorts was almost in front of me in class. Little did I know that those shorts even though they were not too short in length were too short in height because every time he squatted I could see the top of his butt crack. So while doing squats I could not look forward. I did not think that was funny then but I do now.
  • wiseeliz
    wiseeliz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Another thing that I saw a few weeks ago is this woman, maybe in her 20's, on the treadmill. She was probably 80+ pounds overweight by my guess and huffing and puffing quite a bit, going too hard. I'm guessing she was just starting to workout. Well, she got her feet tangled up and went down hard, which wasn't funny. I happened to be walking down the isle when it happened and being the hopeless white knight I am I walked over to help her up and make sure she's OK. She eneded up being OK but said she was going to leave because she was too embarrassed to get back on. So, I told her that wasn't a good reason and that I would hop on the treadmill next to her ( I was looking for an open one anyway) for moral support. She took up the offer and got back on and finished her routine (slower though) and she's now I see here there most nights back at it. I didn't get her name, didn't talk to her at all after she got back on the treamill though.

The funny part is when I got home and told my wife. Luckily my wife knows me and knows that I don't have the first clue about picking up women. My wife says, "Ya know, she probably thought you were trying to pick her up". I'm so clueless that it never dawned on my that I probably looked like a creeper. :grumble:

I think that was really nice of you! If that happened to me, I'd appreciate someone checking to make sure I was okay and encouraging me to keep going.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    There is a woman at our gym who came in the other day, didn't go to the locker room, just walked to the stepper in a big winter coat, some cord trousers and a jumper and boots with a big bag. She put her bag down next to the stepper, got a kindle out of her bag and put that on the screen, then put her coat on the stepper next to her (like a coat rack), reached into her bag again and got out a HUGE bar of chocolate (one of the big family size ones), then got onto the stepper and proceeded to 'work out' with the steps barely moving, reading her book and eating her bar of chocolate!! She still had her big leather boots, jumper and thick trousers on - it was just surreal! Everyone was just looking at her totally bewildered - she finished her bar of chocolate, got a packet of crisps out of her bag and carried on eating - it was hilarious!

Gotta fuel your workouts, y'know?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    When a staff member rushes over to me because I shouldn't be lifting anything 30lbs :/
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    There is a woman at our gym who came in the other day, didn't go to the locker room, just walked to the stepper in a big winter coat, some cord trousers and a jumper and boots with a big bag. She put her bag down next to the stepper, got a kindle out of her bag and put that on the screen, then put her coat on the stepper next to her (like a coat rack), reached into her bag again and got out a HUGE bar of chocolate (one of the big family size ones), then got onto the stepper and proceeded to 'work out' with the steps barely moving, reading her book and eating her bar of chocolate!! She still had her big leather boots, jumper and thick trousers on - it was just surreal! Everyone was just looking at her totally bewildered - she finished her bar of chocolate, got a packet of crisps out of her bag and carried on eating - it was hilarious!

Gotta fuel your workouts, y'know?
    Tim Hortons is just below our gym. You literally have to walk by the cardio room door to get to it. I keep threatening to jump on a treadmill with a coffee and a doughnut with my winter jacket and water proof wool/beaver boots. Looks like someone is trying to one up me.