15 year age difference in dating.

Options

Replies

• saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Jerry Seinfeld covered this in "The Switch":
    When Jerry goes to his girlfriend's apartment he meets Laura, Sandy's roommate, who does laugh at his jokes. Later, he talks with George, saying he intends to try the "switch". George declares it is impossible: no one in Western history has ever switched a girlfriend for her roommate. Jerry and George spend long hours devising a plan to accomplish the switch. Finally, George comes up with the plot: Jerry will suggest a ménage à trois, Sandy will be disgusted, break up with Jerry, and tell Laura, who in turn will feel flattered, thus paving the way for Jerry to date her.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    ** UPDATE **

Renee and I went out two more times, but I decided it wasn't going to work. Turns out she was somewhat of a dud in the personality department when I really got to know her. She wasn't smiley, lighthearted, flirty, and upbeat.. I found her to be quite a downer.

We had a nice talk and will remain friends (Facebook friends at least).

She has a daughter who's 22 and a certified babe. Would it be out of bounce if I asked Renee to hook me up with her daughter? Being totally serious here.. though I think that'd totally piss her off, which wouldn't be good. But what do I have to lose?

What would the men and women of MFP do?

Good luck with that. Even if mom is okay with it, I suspect the daughter might object.

Oh yes, when out of Bounce, I recommend Costco, they have those really large boxes for a reasonable price.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    ** UPDATE **

Renee and I went out two more times, but I decided it wasn't going to work. Turns out she was somewhat of a dud in the personality department when I really got to know her. She wasn't smiley, lighthearted, flirty, and upbeat.. I found her to be quite a downer.

She has a daughter who's 22 and a certified babe. Would it be out of bounce if I asked Renee to hook me up with her daughter? Being totally serious here.. though I think that'd totally piss her off, which wouldn't be good. But what do I have to lose?

Well...are you delightful? Mother not good enough and now you want to bang the daughter???

You're a charmer :noway:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    ** UPDATE **

^^^^CLASSY.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, then you need to ask for the mason jar on top of the mantel back.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I am married to a man 18 years my senior very happily.
    My male cousin is married to a woman much older then him as well (not sure of the exact age dif there).

Age is just a number. If you're both adults, happy, and committed I see no problems.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    ** UPDATE **

*shakes head*
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    ** UPDATE **

This is what we call in poker going all in with a 2 &7 off suit before the flop.
  • xxanishxx
    xxanishxx Posts: 212
    Options
    ngbbs4e570753ee55e.jpg
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    ** UPDATE **

ETA: Not worth the strike.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    ** UPDATE **

Dude, you are COLD.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    ** UPDATE **

eeehewww :sick:
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    ** UPDATE **

She has a daughter who's 22 and a certified babe. Would it be out of bounce if I asked Renee to hook me up with her daughter? Being totally serious here.. though I think that'd totally piss her off, which wouldn't be good.But what do I have to lose?

What do you have to lose?

How about your self-respect and your dignity?

Of course that's assuming you had any in the first place.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    ** UPDATE **

tumblr_mijblyuxu11rknrf9o1_500.gif
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    You are a douche! It would not surprise me if you date your best friend's ex..smdh!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    LOL! someone is going to die alone.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    When I was in my early 20's I dated somebody in their late 40's.... Went really well and I loved it! Only reason we split is because he wanted more serious but I was too young to get that serious and settle down. I still enjoyed having too much fun

That would be the extent of it in my opinion. If I was single I could see hanging and having fun with someone younger, but I wouldn't think it would be for the rest of my life or such. To much difference in life goals and all.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i was married to a man almost 20 years my senior. it worked well. recently, i dated a younger guy. that worked ok, but he kind of bored me. it's just that we had different points of reference. you're older than he was and i'm sure you're not boring. try it and see where it goes. even if it goes nowhere, you'll learn something. and so will she.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Go for it! My husband is 12 years older, and it's worked out great. Good luck!

Edit: Oh god, nevermind. Just read the edit. No... just no...
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wooooo!! Tear that ShTT up my boy!!! Sounds like this could be a fantastic dating experience, parameters seem to match up well.