I believe that Paleo/Primal/Clean eaters belong to a cult.

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Shun the nonbeliever.

SHUNNNNNNNN!!1!eleven!!1
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    definition of "Cult" from Merriam Webster.

That's your problem right there.

You should have used the Oxford English dictionary...
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    So by your definitions, every religious organization is a cult, football fans are a cult, people that watch celebrity gossip are a colt.

aka, you're dumb.

insults are against the community guidelines. you can get a strike for that.

6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

You honestly think posting this to the main forum was a good idea and wont start controversy? LOL

Also, for you do be correct you also need to prove that Paleo is "based on dogma" AND prove that its just a FAD. Neither of which I believe are true. Nice try though.

Dogma is the official system of belief or doctrine held by a religion, or a particular group or organization.[1] It serves as part of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, and it cannot be changed or discarded without affecting the very system's paradigm, or the ideology itself.

yep. paleo's based on dogma

So theres is only 1 paleo diet and 1 paleo diet only? FAIL

Oh I'm not claiming that. But it IS a belief system - we have no way of knowing how paleo man ate. I only have one problem withthe concept, and that's that paleo man ate a mostly meat based diet (as put forth by http://thepaleodiet.com). I believe that the paleo man got a lot of calories from carbs in foraged tubers. Doc Cordian doesn't seem to have room for that in his dogma.

Edit: I accidentally a word.

Thats my point. How many people believe they are following the Paleo diet that veers off of what Doc Whoever says should be the Paleo diet? How many Paleo cult members have no idea who this Doc Cordian is? Or would that be blashemy and grounds for excommunication from the group? :laugh:
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I like the Cults.

mini.jpg
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm in the crazy cat lady cult. It's really fun and we just talk about cats and dress them up
    ADDCF777-ABE0-4CF8-95B0-2FD83BB83E42-1391-000000AAF35A248D_zps5171e58b.jpg

That is one chunk of a cat! And there so needs to be a crazy cat lady group on here! Maybe there is... I'm looking.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am an open minded eater. I consider the feelings and sacrifice of all food sources.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    OH GOD PEOPLE ARE FOLLOWING EATING PATTERNS THEY WANT TO

THEY SHOULD BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS BECAUSE CLEARLY THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING AND ARE HARMFUL TO EVERYONE AROUND THEM

IT'S ONLY A FREE COUNTRY IF EVERYONE DOES WHAT EVERYONE ELSE AGREES WITH

Seriously?

Get over yourself. All of you, OP and everyone else with a vendetta against paleo/primal/clean eating lifestyles, just go shove a sock up your bum.

Are people that eat at McDonald's cultists too? How about Domino's? Chinese buffets? What about followers of the Atkins and South Beach diets? What about craft beer snobs, winos, potheads? Let's just label everyone and pigeon-hole them into cults because it makes us feel better!!

:noway:

Let people eat what they want and live how they want. Unless they're force-feeding people strapped to chairs, or outright scamming people out of money (and no, something ISN'T a scam if it doesn't work as told, that is simply a marketing ploy. Being scammed means receiving nothing and having money taken from the customer), they're not only not a cult, but frankly none of your damn business! Last time I checked no one dropped dead from primal / paleo / clean eating. So kindly stop the wankfest over it and let's move on.
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yup, eating healthy, home prepared meals from foods found in nature is just the stupidest idea ever. Curing disease by changing one's diet is even more stupid. Instead we should be following all the advice of MFP "a calorie is a calorie" experts, take lots of meds for all of our ailments, and keep eating "normal" processed foods (most of which didn't exist 100 years ago).

(Why are many people SO threatened by people that choose to eliminate foods that make them sick and fat??? It gets tiring. Not only can we never share our stories, even when asked, without ignorance and ridicule, but threads are created just to insult one lifestyle choice. I don't get it.)

Yes, many Paleo/Primal/Clean eaters are very passionate; it's because we have learned that being sick/fat is not normal and is preventable and curable with diet. We want to help other people have the same experience. But people like you can just go ahead keep doing what you are doing and "wait for the cure" for diabetes, obesity, cancer, heart disease, depression, etc. Best luck to you.

OP and others: do some research into "diseases of Civilization". I find it ludicrous that people think lifestyle (including food) plays no role in health. It's illogical.

+1
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    There are no words for how amazing this whole thread is.

More pictures of ponies is all it needs.

WH156.jpg
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    So by your definitions, every religious organization is a cult, football fans are a cult, people that watch celebrity gossip are a colt.

aka, you're dumb.

insults are against the community guidelines. you can get a strike for that.

6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

You honestly think posting this to the main forum was a good idea and wont start controversy? LOL

Also, for you do be correct you also need to prove that Paleo is "based on dogma" AND prove that its just a FAD. Neither of which I believe are true. Nice try though.

Dogma is the official system of belief or doctrine held by a religion, or a particular group or organization.[1] It serves as part of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, and it cannot be changed or discarded without affecting the very system's paradigm, or the ideology itself.

yep. paleo's based on dogma

So theres is only 1 paleo diet and 1 paleo diet only? FAIL

Oh I'm not claiming that. But it IS a belief system - we have no way of knowing how paleo man ate. I only have one problem withthe concept, and that's that paleo man ate a mostly meat based diet (as put forth by http://thepaleodiet.com). I believe that the paleo man got a lot of calories from carbs in foraged tubers. Doc Cordian doesn't seem to have room for that in his dogma.

Edit: I accidentally a word.

Thats my point. How many people believe they are following the Paleo diet that veers off of what Doc Whoever says should be the Paleo diet? How many Paleo cult members have no idea who this Doc Cordian is? Or would that be blashemy and grounds for excommunication from the group? :laugh:

No freakin clue man. I would expect most paleo eaters know who dr. cordian is, since the internet says: "LOREN CORDAIN, PH.D., THE WORLD'S LEADING EXPERT ON PALEOLITHIC DIETS AND FOUNDER OF THE PALEO MOVEMENT"

and if it's on the internet .. well then .. bonjour.

I dont think it's right or wrong. as a species, we can get sustenance from just about anything we eat. that's why there's 7 billion of us now. It's A (valid) way to eat. I just get aggravated when people insist it's THE way to eat.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    .., Paleo/Keto are the true way humans are supposed to eat. Keep shoving those cupcakes down your throat ...

Fortunately, I am not a human. I hail from the planet "BakedGhoodias". We need cupcakes and brownies to survive on this feeble planet.
  • fly_butterfly
    fly_butterfly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I, myself... belong to the "I'm an alcoholic" cult. New members always welcome. :drinker:

:happy:
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options

aka, you're dumb.

LOL
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I would be a vegetarian, but animals taste so damn good!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    definition of "Cult" from Merriam Webster.

That's your problem right there.

You should have used the Oxford English dictionary...

Heck No! We here in 'Merica use a "merican dixshunairy. Take your fancy pants speaking english and tell king george to shove it where the sun don shine.

Red,white,and blue! Go Cowboys!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Unwavering deference to an idea without questioning its underlying principles is very sinister indeed; oftentimes such fealty turns into belief. A mind that is structured on blind belief is inherently resistant to change, and will quickly stagnate.

That being said, this thread is absolute nonsense.... name calling based on the kinds of food that people prefer to ingest.

ironic much?
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    cults.jpg

This was fun......until the lock.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    [I, myself... belong to the "I'm an alcoholic" cult. New members always welcome. :drinker:

:happy:

Finally, somewhere I belong...
This discussion has been closed.