4th of July Challenge!! Please join me!

Options
Hello everyone! This is my first challenge.
The second week of July we are going on vacation. That means bathing suits!!! I'm nowhere near bathing suit size, but I do love to swim and I usually don't let my size stop me. Still... I'm soo tired of being an eyesore, so I decided to challenge myself to lose another 10 kilos (22 lbs) by the 4th of July!!

If you are interested, please join me in this 10 week challenge. Your goals don't need to be weight related. Think about what you want to accomplsh by the 4th of July and come and share it here. Let's help each other along with our progress towards our goals.

For myself these are my goals:

1. Post weight and progress every Sunday here.
2. Lose 10 kilos (22 lbs) by the 4th of July and go from 108.5 kilos (my current weight) to 98 kilos. In lbs: From 238 to 216.
3. Eat healthy foods ONLY!
4. Log my foods every day.
5. Stay under my calorie allotment every day.
6. Maintain a high protein, low carb diet. (That has helped me lose 50 lbs already!)
7, Eat fish at least 3 times a week. (Includes shellfish and mollusks).
8. Drink 10 glasses of water every day.

I'd LOVE to have some company in this trip to FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE from excess weight!!

Amalia

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Don't have time to chat right now, but I'm in. More tomorrow!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey i'm going to have to join you!
    i go away on the 4th July with my best friend for a week to spain i want to be comfortable with my body by then
    i wont be on for 5 days towards the end of july as i go away with my mum then, but will keep up the hardwork during that time period
    im hannah by the way :) currently in last year at college xx

my goals are;
    if possible to lose a pound a week,
    go to the gym or do a long workout (over an hour) 3 or 4 times a week
    eat healthily
    stop eating rubbish
    only drink at tops once a week
    enjoy myself
    & drink lots of water :)
  • christianmomw3
    Options
    Count me in!

I have recently started this and am so motivated! This is the first time I have lost weight significantly in 20 yrs.

My goal for the 4th of July is to lose an additional 18 lbs which will put me just at 220. That's a number I haven't seen in about 10 yrs.

I hope I remember to come back and post my progress!
  • Newfunlander
    Newfunlander Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You can count me in ! I am in a wedding in Aug and I am the oldest bridesmaid....so I can't be the fluffiest too !....lol.
    I want to be 175 or lower by then. That means a weight loss of at least 23 pounds.
  • behannon
    behannon Posts: 2
    Options
    I am in! I am a college student who needs to work off all the cafeteria food and would like to do so before summer completely ends! Let's Do it!!!!

Bridget

CW: 191
    GW: 165
  • Marie45
    Marie45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'd like to be on or near my target weight by then, and I'd like to be running 5k regularly.

I also intend to:
    - Drink no more than twice a week
    - Go over my daily calories no more than once a week
    - Stop snacking after 8pm
    - Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day
    - Eat at least five pieces of fruit or veg per day
  • amasot
    amasot Posts: 86
    Options
    Thank you all very much for joining me! If we work together, we can kick butt by the 4th of July!!

To get started right, please post your goals for the next 10 weeks, and if weight loss is one of them, please post your starting weight so you can keep track of your weekly weight loss and be accountable to your peers.

Accountability is a big part of these challenges. Knowing that you will have to post for everyone to see your progress may stop you from eating that piece of cake, drinking that extra drink or lazying around instead of doing your exercise!

Remember, this should not be only an once a week post. I hope you will share the trials and tribulations of your journey every day. I know I will try to, at least!

Best of luck evryone!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:

will post goals later! I'm in.
  • christianmomw3
    Options
    My goals for the next 6 weeks are to work out 5 days a week, stay under my calorie goal, and lose 6-8 lbs. I will be working the census during that time so I hope to do a lot of walking.
    Ann
  • wyckedoll
    wyckedoll Posts: 10
    Options
    Count me in also!!!
  • bfara
    bfara Posts: 5
    Options
    I am in. but may need help on how to keep up with finding the challenges any advice is welcome I joinned MFP 04/15. I tried to join a challenge but did not know jow to view and post for them. I have vacation for Auhust to paris. I would love to be 130-135 pd current weight is 150 pd
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    I'm so in for this one LOL. With school ending this week, I'll have nothing but time to focus on my weight loss goals. My goals are:

1.) To lose 20 pounds
    2.) Eat no greasy/fried foods
    3.) Drink nothing but water
    4.) Eat more veggies
    5.) Learn more about the foods that will "fill me up," so I don't go hungry often
  • TammyGra
    TammyGra Posts: 8
    Options
    Count me in -

I need to promise to myself I will log in my food every day!
  • amasot
    amasot Posts: 86
    Options
    I am in. but may need help on how to keep up with finding the challenges any advice is welcome I joinned MFP 04/15. I tried to join a challenge but did not know jow to view and post for them. I have vacation for Auhust to paris. I would love to be 130-135 pd current weight is 150 pd

Since you have posted here, you will always be able to find this thread under Message Boards > my Topics.

Amalia
  • wyckedoll
    Options
    Okay-- My goals

1) log all my food everyday--everything!
    2) Drink all my water-- half my weight in ozs
    3) Exercise everyday
    4) Lose 20 lbs in 10 weeks (fingers and toes crossed)
    5) Enjoy the process and count every blessing.......
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will post my weight later.
  • buttbegone
    Options
    I need a challenge so I am in.

Goals are:
    Reach goal weight
    Learn lots of new healthy recipes
    Challenge myself to new and harder workouts.
  • skbgogirl
    Options
    I'm in, too!

My goals:

1. Work out 3 days a week.
    2. Lose 15 more lbs.
    3. Drink at lest 8 glasses of water a day.
    4. Eat healthy foods.
    5. Eat mindfully and not compulsively.
  • wyckedoll
    Options
    Let's keep this post on top!!