4th of July Challenge!! Please join me!

Options

Replies

• blockeramanda
    blockeramanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I lost a total of 13 in april...i'm need to get back on track...I'm visitng my fiance before he goes further away for his training...so this weekend I didn't eat all the right, but I made some good choices too...instead of eating at Olive Garden I decided to go to subway...and when we ate at Ruby Tuesday I ate something sensible instead of pasta like I usually eat!! So I'm trying..today though while traveling down the back country road the only food choice was McDonald's so I asked him to order for me since I had to use the bathroom like mad!!! And he ordered me something bad...but he made up for it by getting me a orange juice...lol.

Good Luck Ladies...I'll be off here for a few days, but I'm gonna try to manually write down everything I eat and do and add it when I get back home this weekend!

Manda B!
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Hey everyone, hope you all had an excellent week:bigsmile:
    In April I lost 6lbs, I average about 5 to 6 per month.

Heres my progress for week 1:
    4/25~145
    5/2~ 144
    July 4th goal~ 135
    Actual goal ~123

Yay! 1 pound loss, but no push up yet. AND EXCELLENT JOB SANDRA:drinker:!!!!!
    Good luck to everyone in week 2:flowerforyou:

~ Jessica
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    bump:bigsmile:
  • amasot
    amasot Posts: 86
    Options
    Congratulations to all the "losers"!! For those of us that are a little behind, this is a brand new week and it's up to us to make it work! This was a hard week for me, because I realized I'm a carb addict (and not good carbs either!) I'm going on a carb "detox" for the next few days and swear neve to let any "bad" carbs enter my house again.
  • Kalamitykate
    Kalamitykate Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, hope you're all having a good start to the week. :flowerforyou:

I lost 9.5 pounds in April and weighed in today at 160.

Amalia (what a pretty name) good luck with your carb detox. Bet you have way more energy when you finish.
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I only started at the end of April but in my first week I was down 3 lbs. (SW: 174.4 CW: 171.4)

Hoping I continue this progress so I can reach my goals by July!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

I have been on MFP since April 2009. ....

1) Lose 25 lbs.
    2) BMI in "overweight" category/out of "obese" FOREVER;
    3) Maintain healthy eating habits/focus on fresh and minimally processed food options; avoid HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup);
    4) Fit in to size 12 Jeans purchased in January;
    5) Use new strength training equipment 3 times per week and cardio the other three days;
    6) Take measurements on Monday May 3rd; Friday June 4th; and Sunday July 4th;

I will post all my weight statistics after my weigh in this coming Monday. I started MFP at 245 on April 13th, 2009.

Barb

Well, I did the weigh in this morning, and the news was NOT good.I finally have to face the music for April, and it is not a song I want to play in the future. On April 4th I weighed 5.5 lbs. LESS than I did this morning!:mad: :mad: :mad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I did it to myself. Over the past week, there have been too many "MayaSWELLS" & as we know, the scale doesn't lie.:grumble: So I need to get back on the horse-- Also, get my rug shampooing done and get that Total Gym set up. It has been languishing in the garage for 3 weeks, still in the box, and as we all know, it isn't doing me any good there!!!

So my goals for May are, 1) to get my ticker moved to 60 lbs. down by the end of May, which would mean losing about 12 lbs. The first 3 should be pretty quick as it is probably water due to some high sodium days on Saturday and Sunday;2) exercise 6 days per week, using the TG 3 x's per week; 3) refocus on the things I had done in the past that worked--IE "just say no" more often!!!

Based on the current numbers, if I meet my 25 lb. loss, which means moving my ticker to 78 lbs. down, I would be out of the "obese" BMI and into "overweight" territory--a better place to be. I would also weigh 2 lbs. less than I did at my lowest in 1989--talk about turning back the clock!!

EDIT: OOPS!! Forgot to put the rest of the info in. Weight today 197.5; lowest was back in January 191.5; Was at 192 on April 4th. I forgot to do my measurements this morning before eating, so will try to take care of that tomorrow. Here I go again.

Good luck to all. Amalia, good for you in identifying your carb issues. I have similar problems, and I need to keep temptation out of my house in order to stay on track.

Got to get a move on or the day will be over.

Barb
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    I'm in! My goals are:

1. To have lost 13 lbs.
    2. To have improved my daily nutrition to at least: 1 green veg, 1 other veg, and 2 fruits.
    3. To have increased my daily water to: 6 cups a day.
    4. To figure out a way to not be borderline anemic without slamming hamburgers.
    5. To have added 3 days of cardio to my interval weight training.
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am up for this chanllenge! I have planned to go to Palm Spings around July 12th and need to lose some weight! I bet my daughter I would be weighing at 135lbs by that time. This is one way of getting my children and myself more active and eating healthier. I started this mid March and I have hit a plateau for the last 2 weeks. I guess it's time to change my foods and exercise some more. Oh and start drinking at least the 64 oz recommended. I only get about 16-24oz a day. I am now on a mission!!! :grumble:

SW: 167
    CW:160
    GW: 135 (by July 12th)

864833.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    sslopez24

"glug glug" Bottom's up!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    My birthday is on the 4th of July so I am with you all! I like the idea of drinking only once week, so I'm going to steal that goal :)

drink alcohol only once per week
    go to the gym at least 4 times per week
    do an "outside activity" at least 2 times per week
    I won't use vacation as an excuse to over-eat when I go visit family at the end of this month
    USE MFP EVERY DAY!!!
  • fitnessgal13
    Options
    Good work everyone and keep sticking to your goals! The timing of this challange really works for me. Here are my goals:
    1. Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day.
    2. Log all my calories into MFP, and even if I go over, don't get discouraged and keep at it
    3. Continue exercising 4-6 times a week
    4. Allow myself one snack after dinner (fruit or veg)
    5. Eat a CLEAN diet so no artificial JUNK, when I'm eating out choose the option that will make me happy after I eat it, not only while I'm eating it
    6. Weigh in weekly and see what happens!

Starting weight - 165lbs
  • blockeramanda
    blockeramanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Girls!!! I had the WORST day yesterday....ok so my weekend way amazing James(my marine) came up to stay with me and on sunday we drove down to his unit for family day....So on monday(the day he left for training) my car broke down!!!!! I couldn't figure out what was wrong..the worst of it was that his whole UNIT!!! passed me while I was on the side of the road(talk about embarrassing) so luckily God was on my side because things worked out for well for me..I could have left the base and broke down...then I wouldn't have been able to get back on base because I don't have a military Id...or i could have been on the side of the highway!!! So the Marines in his unit did everything they could for me and one helped me find a great mechanic shop!!! So needless to say yesterday I did not eat well at all...

I woke up at 5:30 and got BK breakfast with him(which I planned to work off when I got home!) since my car decided to die I luckily got to eat wal-mart chicken and potato salad(that the mechanic people so kindly let me eat) and then for dinner I had BK again with a COKE!!! So yesterday was all around sucky!!! I haven't weighed in and probably won't until next week....but I thought I'd share how bad my day was....

http://www.wtoc.com/Global/story.asp?S=12416279 If you click on the video link above the picture you can see me boo...he's wearing a green, blue and white golf shirt..he's short and is standing to the left of his friend who's wearing a purple polo shirt!
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am soooo in!!! This is just what I need. Thanks for posting this challenge.

I will post my goals later. : )
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Mandab, sounds like God was on your side. Just look ahead, thats in the past. Today is a new day:flowerforyou: , so make the most of it! You can do it! We all can!:bigsmile:

~Jessica
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am sooo in! :smile:

Here are my goals:
    1. Put myself first. I deserve to be fit and healthy and I need to start taking better care of myself. :heart:
    2. Find healthy recipes that my kids will enjoy. (cook less pasta!)
    3. Drink 10 glasses of water a day.
    4. Exercise every day...even if it is just a 15 minute walk.
    5. Log my food every day.
    6. No snacking after 8pm.

Good Luck, everyone! We Can Do It!!!
  • Kalamitykate
    Kalamitykate Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Manda, that sounds like a frustrating day. At least you were blessed with helpful Marines and a good mechanic. Don't stress about the food just have a better day today and drink lots of water.

Your guy is cute. There's something about a man in a uniform. :blushing:

-Katie
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Manda, we all end up with days that are completely out of our control. We will just have to recognize it for what it is and attack the next day with vigor. Never beat yourself up. this is for the long haul and we can't avoid days like that so don't worry about it. I am glad that you were safe and had trustworthy people to help you.

I am having an awesome week so far. I am down 1.6 pounds since Friday and feeling good. I have had awesome food all week and have great meals planned for the rest of the week. I am just really happy right now.

good luck and make great choices.
  • DreamRose
    DreamRose Posts: 5
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge if you'll have me:wink:I am trying to lose 20lb by 4th July and 39 in total so here goes! My weigh day is a Monday so will post back then, motivation is my excuse, I lack it! :blushing:

SW: 179lb
    GW: 140lb
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Don't stress too much about it Manda, it was one day and one day does not make or break this journey we're on. I don't know about you but I don't have a set number for my calorie goal (I do on here because I have to but it's midway) I have a calorie range. So if I have a bad day I'm near the top (or occasionally even over) the top end of my calorie range. If that happens then I just try to eat extra healthy (more fruits, veggies, and water) the next day or two and try to stay at the lower end of my calorie range. It all balances out in the end and you will be fine. Just don't stress over one bad day, stress just makes losing weight harder. Just accept that it happened, it was out of your control and make an agreement with yourself to make up for it the next day or two, either by eating to the lower end of your calorie goals and make healthier choices or by getting in some extra exercise, whatever is easier for you. I'm not good with the exercise so I try to do it with the food but if I can't resist on the food then I make time for the exercise. Good luck and hang in there. I've been sick (allergies) the last couple days and haven't done great either so I'm right there with you trying to make up for it.