4th of July Challenge!! Please join me!

Options

Replies

• Kalamitykate
    Kalamitykate Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, Happy Mothers Day!

Jessica - so sorry your son was sick, hope he's feeling better now.

rjadams - Awesome job on your exercise. What do you do to burn that many calories?

Nancy - How did your run go?

Amalia - Happy Anniversary! Athens by night sounds incredibly beautiful, we wish we were there too.

This week I stayed at 160, grrr...I really want to drop into the 150s. However, there were lots of really good things. I ran my first 5K in 10 years. I had to slow down to 5.2 mph for 1/4 mile but I kept running the whole time. Yeah! Yesterday I went for a hike at 9000 ft elevation. The trail was steep in places but I wasn't out of breath. My main goal is to be healthier and more active so I've got to hang on to these things when the scale isn't budging.

Oh yeah, and I got a brand new car this week. It's red, shiny, fun to drive, and reliable. My old car was having problems and stressing me out. Maybe less car stress will help me lose again (a girl can dream, can't she?):laugh:

Hope your Mother's Day is sunny and filled with family, friends, and laughter.
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 170 pounds and would love to lose 23 pounds by July. My daughter's wedding is August 14 and I am waiting till the last minute to find a dress. Hope to fit in a size where I can buy a dress I like not one that fits.
    My goals:/ exercise 6 days a week
    drink 1/2 my weight in water which is soooo hard
    log on and not get discouraged and eat.
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Hi all, checkin in for week 2.

First off Happy Anniversary Amalia!:flowerforyou: and thanks KalamityKate, my little ones a bit still under the weather but today I noticed him getting into everything so I think thats a good sign:bigsmile: and congrats on your 5k!

Ok, well I Only lost .5 Lb, but hey its something.

4/25~145
    5/2~ 144
    5/9~143.5
    July 4th goal~ 135
    Actual goal ~123 oh, and I can do 1/2 a push up:laugh:

Hope everyone has a good week 3!

~Jessica
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
    I have a vacation in June. My goal is to lose 12 lbs by June 14th.
    See you next Sunday.
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goals are:

1. To continue working out 3 days a week.

2. To work on toning my upper body rather than focusing only on cardio.

3. Transition from running on the treadmill to the outdoors.

4. Start running 5k regularly.

5. Lose the last 10lbs I have left!

This is great, love it!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Okay checking in I lost 1.6 lb this week and I got to the point where I can run for 20min without stoping ( only have done it once so far). I also put on an outfit today I haven't been able to wear in like 3 years to. Only thing that can top this is if my little girl could say mama.

Also my husband has made my 1 st mothers day very speical he has went above and beyond the call of duyty. I hope all the other mothers out there have had just as special of day as I have.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    2nd week check-in: I only got in 8 miles of walking this weekend but really stuck to my food plan until the weekend hit. Too many restaurant meals for Mother's day celebrations with different families. I still stayed in my calorie range even though I had to deal with a buffet today. I tried to make up for it with the walking. Lost 1 lb as of Friday (I'm using my friday weights) but have dropped a little more since. We'll see how it works out next week.

Everybody keep up the good work and hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    May I join? Or am I to late?

I have a lot to lose but want to start making mini goals and I think a challenge is what I need :)

Goals:
    * lose 20 lbs. by July 4th
    * to keep my carbs at 20 daily along with high protein
    * to get more exercise in :)

I weigh in on Saturdays and this week I lost 3 lbs. so I was very happy with that :)

Thanks and I hope to get to know everyone here!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Soontobe... It's NEVER too late. WELCOME!

Happy Anniversary, Amalia, and welcome to other newbies. Will do a check in post on Monday as that is my weigh day. Happy Mother's Day to all it applies to, regardless of your location.

Barb
  • mwillis17A
    mwillis17A Posts: 1
    Options
    I've never done anything like this before i don't ever post any comments but i'd like to be in on this and i'd be happy with a 5lb weight loss by 4th of july because i haven't seen any weight loss this year only weight gain so i need to do this. I'M IN! :smile:
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Soontobe... It's NEVER too late. WELCOME!

Happy Anniversary, Amalia, and welcome to other newbies. Will do a check in post on Monday as that is my weigh day. Happy Mother's Day to all it applies to, regardless of your location.

Barb

Thank you for the welcome. I didn't think it was to late but wasn't sure that is why I asked lol. Thanks and I am so excited to be a part of a challenge ....I NEED THIS!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    ITS A NEW DAY

ITS A NEW DAWN

AND I FEEL; GOOD!!!

time to u turn and get back on the right road. I had an awesome weekend and now its time to pay the piper.
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    This is already a goal that I had set so Im in, Im sure I won't remember to post my weight here.... But If I remember I will!
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    ITS A NEW DAY

ITS A NEW DAWN

AND I FEEL; GOOD!!!

time to u turn and get back on the right road. I had an awesome weekend and now its time to pay the piper.
    Well said sister!!!......and great song btw!:bigsmile:

Also welcome aboard to all the newbies in this challenge:flowerforyou:
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    A bit frustrated...I only lost about half a pound this week instead of the usual 1.5 pounds I'm used to losing/week.

I have been eating my exercise calories like a good girl, but I am not sure what's going on. It is (TMI coming!) that "time of the month" right now so I am not sure if that's what is going on with my body and why I can't seem to drop.

I think I am just getting impatient...I want to drop these last 10 pounds before July 4th and I am afraid that I won't be able to at this rate. Ugh!

Someone please motivate me :(
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    A bit frustrated...I only lost about half a pound this week instead of the usual 1.5 pounds I'm used to losing/week.

I have been eating my exercise calories like a good girl, but I am not sure what's going on. It is (TMI coming!) that "time of the month" right now so I am not sure if that's what is going on with my body and why I can't seem to drop.

I think I am just getting impatient...I want to drop these last 10 pounds before July 4th and I am afraid that I won't be able to at this rate. Ugh!

Don't stress, thats the last thing your body needs. As long as you're sticking to your plan the weight will come off, I know its frustrating (I gained 1/2lb this week:angry:). I was averaging 1.5 a week in the beginning, now I'm happy just to see some sort of loss. Besides I notice you dont have much more to lose and the last 10 are always the hardest. Just take it one day at a time.......you'll get there:flowerforyou:

~Jessica
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Well, it is official. I didn't lose anything this last week (except a week of my time!!). I was down 1.5 pounds until I went to dinner on Saturday night at the Italian restaurant that I hadn't been to in about 5 years (since I moved from that neighborhood), and instead of the chicken salad with Caesar on the side, that I had all good intentions of having, I dived into Veal Parmigiana with a side of spaghetti, not to mention 2 slices of garlic bread and spumoni for dessert. Oh, and we mustn't forget the 2 slices of carrot cake/birthday cake that we had later in the evening when we got back to the birthday girl's house.

I took it easy on Sunday, so at least I am no worse off than I was a week ago.:ohwell:

Welcome to mjwillis--Good luck.

Barb
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! This weekend was hard since it was mother's day and there was two homes we had to visit. I did the best I could. I did not lose any weight and I worked my but off for 6 days last week. I stayed the same weight. But then again I am starting my period this week and feeling bloated. I hope that is the reason why the scale is not budging(retaining water). looking forward to my next check in.
    May 3: 160
    May 10: 160
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 14: Goal-135
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

I am in the same boat as you. my time of the month is coming this week. I feel like a balloon!:angry: Don't stress. just forget about this weeks weigh in. We will do better next week! I am measuring myself and I am losing inches. so far 1 1/2 waist and 4 inches hips. Start measuring if you haven't already. I am good with that for this week!:love:
  • KAskinny
    KAskinny Posts: 50
    Options
    Hey, I just found this and I want in! (if it's not too late) :flowerforyou:

I'm turning 30 this year on July 4th and I want to loose 20 more lbs! So I hope this will be extra motivation for me.

My goals are to:
    1. loose 20 lbs by the 4th
    2. drink more water (I drink a good bit, but need more, I like salty things!)
    3. walk my 3 dogs at least 10 miles a week - I have a bad lazy bone in my body! this one is TOUGH!
    4. do better about my calorie intake on the weekends