Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

Options

Replies

• Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    1) get some whole wheat bread. preferably fresh.
    2) get some peanut butter. preferably extra crunchy.
    3) get some jelly. preferably grape or strawberry. preserves or jam will work too.
    4) take a single slice of bread and place it on plate.
    5) dip a tablespoon into the peanut butter twice, and each time spread the tablespoon of peanut butter on the slice of bread until completely covered.
    6) take a second piece of bread and hold it in your hand.
    7) dip a tablespoon into the jelly twice, and each time spread the tablespoon of jelly on the new slice of bread until completely covered.
    8) put the piece of bread with jelly on it together with the piece of bread with peanut butter on it such that the jelly and peanut butter are in full contact with each other.
    9) put away the peanut butter, jelly, and bread and clean up after yourself
    10) enjoy.

:bigsmile:

Wrong the peanut butter goes on both slices with jam or jelly in the middle... that way it doesn't get mushy :bigsmile:
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.. thats bulking food right ther!!
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    evenly spread same amount of PB over both slices of bread and sub jelly with either honey or dill pickle chips....

pb+and+pickle.jpg

tumblr_lwxys7gdMl1qii6tmo1_500.gif
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    OMG Peanut butter & pickle sandwiches are heaven :love:
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    you really need to toast the bread, so it starts to melt the peanut butter.
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great, now I want a PBJ sandwich!

It's Adam's Natural Crunchy (I could eat a jar of that stuff in one sitting) and strawberry Polaner All-Fruit for me. :love:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Dear Winner_Victorious

I just finished eating two slices of peanut butter and marmalade. Open faced. Toasted.

They were absofrickenlutely delicious, and within my calorie goal today.

MMM

Going to sleep, happy.

Sincerly,
    Me
    xoxo
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    evenly spread same amount of PB over both slices of bread and sub jelly with either honey or dill pickle chips....

pb+and+pickle.jpg

What the hell is wrong with you Byn?!?! You don't eat pb with dill pickle chips!! Jeezz :sick: :flowerforyou:

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! X AGAZILLIO, FATRILLION YEAH'S
    I thought I was the only one that knew about PB and Pickles on toast.
    ITS SOOOOOOO DANG GOOOOD!!!

Oooohhhhh yeeaaaahhhh!!! This is good stuff!! See, peanut butter goes with everything!!! Almost...not with mayo or that miracle BS.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Healthy life whole wheat bread - 70 cal for 2 slices, 16g carbs, 0g fat, 5g protein, 5g fiber
    Smucker's sugar free jam - 1 tablespoon - 10 calories, 3g carbs, 0g fat, 0g protein
    Jiffy crunchy PB - 1 tablespoon - 95 calories - 4g carbs, 8g fat, 4 g protein, 1g fiber

Total for my PBJ - 175 calories, 23g carbs, 8g fat, 9g ptotein, 6g fiber

for those who want the low cal alternative and still eat pbj on toast!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Smooth peanut butter and marmalade or raw honey. Carbs and protein and grams and whatever. It is yummy. Therefore it goes into my mouth.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Fresh ground almond butter with banana slices and honey drizzled over the bananas. Mush both sides together and wait for the honey to creep thru the bread(this part is optional, but highly recommended). So special!! You can sprinkle a little cinnamon on the honey, pre-mushing, for a little something extra. I wish I ate that for dinner.....
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

pb+and+pickle.jpg

i hate to be the one to tell you, but you're pregnant.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    Healthy life whole wheat bread - 70 cal for 2 slices, 16g carbs, 0g fat, 5g protein, 5g fiber
    Smucker's sugar free jam - 1 tablespoon - 10 calories, 3g carbs, 0g fat, 0g protein
    Jiffy crunchy PB - 1 tablespoon - 95 calories - 4g carbs, 8g fat, 4 g protein, 1g fiber

I tried the smuckers sugar free.... It was so gross I've just cut my jam allowance to 1 time a week at most. More like twice a month. Not for the cals but trying to be more selective about sugar. :(
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options

pb+and+pickle.jpg

:noway: :frown: :sick:

my brother loved this when we were kids, in fact he still does. I always thought it was a bit strange, but he claims its a nice balance of salty and sweet when you put PB with dill pickle.
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My vote is Honey PB and Apple Jelly, (had grape jelly overkill in college, now only buy it for my daughter)
  • princessnik7
    Options
    Another important tip: DO NOT substitute Goober's PB and jelly in the same jar...*shudders*

I can't stand that stuff and my daughter begs me to buy it yuck!
  • princessnik7
    Options
    Here's a fun one. My husband used to eat peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwiches as a kid. I do not allow Miracle Whip in the house, so he is SOL...

my college roommate and I constantly bickered about Mayo versus Miracle Whip, in her mind it was all the same. :noway: we always ended up with a small jar of each Mayo for me Miracle whip for her.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Best post I have read all day! Love it.

Sometimes there is nothing better than a PB&J and a glass of whole milk.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Grape jelly = fail.

Wrong
  • laurainvt
    Options

Who can really just eat 1T of peanut butter? You are better off with 1/2 a sandwich....