Beautiful Best Friend

Options

Replies

• RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My bestie and I had a sort of similar scenario. When we first met I was a whale, and she was big chested, with nice legs, and seemed like she had it all (to me). Then I lost a 100lbs, and the whole thing changed. Now I've got a small waist and a ghetto booty that they boys love, and we basically switched positions. I should add that she has put on weight since I've started losing it. Not that either of us is particularly attractive, like you describe your best friend, but it's taken it's toll. We used to eat and watch TV together all day, and now I don't just eat 'whatever' and she does, so that's an issue for her. We used to love to shop together, and we shopped at Torrid a lot, which is a plus sized store, but now I can't fit anything in there but shoes, and she gets bent out of shape about it. The reality for her is, she wants to lose the weight, but doesn't want to put the effort in - which annoys the hell out of me, because I don't particularly like hearing people ***** and moan about things they have the ability to change, but lack the intention to. Anyways, bottom line, there are things about her life that I envy, and there are things about my life that she envies, that is the nature of the beast. You can't compare yourself to your best friend, because you are not the same. ...which is a good thing, in my book. That being said, it's okay to get a little jealous over the fact that your bestie is a total Betty, just don't let it ruin your life.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Everything I post on this site leads to bad things, so I'm going to stop.
    If anyone gives really good advice and doesn't troll about crap, I'd love to be friends.

Wow. You have gotten SOOOOO much support on this thread, and THAT'S how you respond?

WOW.

I was really feeling for you until I read that.
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If you are dead serious about pictures message me. I'm not going to post them here on fear she'll see it (not like she needs to lose weight) >.<
    But i'd appreciate you not messaging me back like "OH NOW I GET IT! YOU LOOK HIDEOUS NEXT TO HER!"

I have talked to her about this, in long deep crying best friend conversation. She cried, because she doesn't want me to feel that way. Neither of us can help it, I guess. I AM insecure, that doesn't mean that if I had all the confidence in the world that this situation still wouldn't be hurtful.

Wow! You seriously made your best friend cry by making her feel guilty for being a beautiful woman?! This situation is only hurtful because YOU are making it hurtful. She has no fault that guys talk to her & think she is beautiful. You should feel lucky to have a friend that wants you around even though you tell her she makes you feel insecure when you both are spending time together. How about you just focus on yourself and just enjoy spending time with your best friend and leave your insecurities behind! Be a good friend and be happy for her. Once you get over this jealousy you'll see that men will approach you and think you are beautiful too... It's all in how you carry yourself! If you give off the vibe that you are jealous or not confident when you are out with your friend it will show and guys will not approach you.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Like so many others here, I too have a best friend who looked awesome. She made every man think about sex and children with her hands down. And she wasn´t a skinny one, she had curves, personality, intelligence and a great sence of homour. She had it all, like you said. And I was the one stopped on the street by strangers, telling me how ugly I was. No kidding! But she desperatly needed me as a friend. I was "the wind beneath her wings"... (I can´t believe I just said that.)

I was the one always getting her out of trouble for her beatuy, because all kinds of creeps wouldn´t leave her alone. A guy in her block started stalking her- seriously stalking her! Once he cutted himself to write letters to her with his blood, "to show her how much he loved her". He was a sick sick person and she was scared to death. She was without doubt the beautiful one, the sexy one, the smart one, the funny one, the popular one- but I was the strong one!! I was the one standing in the middle of the night for hours and talking him down, when he wanted to brake down her door. I was the one who physically went between them to protect her. And finally I was the one taking her hand and taking her to the police and report him. She says that I was the one keeping her sane. That I have saved her life.

Being beautiful isn´t necerssarily fun. Maybe it makes her feel very insecure. Maybe the attention she gets is unwanted. Maybe she feels it like a pressure, never being able to just be herself without being judged by the girls and drooled over by the guys. She needs you!! You´re probably the one person that she trust. Maybe she´s lonely, people not looking past her look and liking her for her personality. If your problem makes her cry, then she really loves you and probably feels awfull that you feel like this. But she can´t change her look.

And my best friend? She broke down and is very sick today because of two years of terror caused by her beauty. I´m not making this up! Please don´t let your friend down. Yes, she sees something in you, that she needs. You have something that she don´t. And I could kill for a body like yours...! There´s always something other have, that you can desire.

Take care of yourself.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i had a beautiful best friend, she was my bestie since grade 5. so about 13 years.
    she was skinny, but she could eat 8 pieces of pizza or 3 big macs in one sitting. but she wasn't very beautiful inside. she constantly made fun of fat people, constantly mentioned my weight, always made me feel bad, always had sex with guys i liked. at bars she would show me up by taking any guy i showed interest in, and she would rub it in my face.

last year i decided i didn't need her in my life, and completely stopped texting her, or replying to her texts/phone calls.

best decision in my life.
    but when i think about her, i have a bunch of pent up rage. i'm slowly trying to get over how much she took advantage of me.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    If you are dead serious about pictures message me. I'm not going to post them here on fear she'll see it (not like she needs to lose weight) >.<
    But i'd appreciate you not messaging me back like "OH NOW I GET IT! YOU LOOK HIDEOUS NEXT TO HER!"

I have talked to her about this, in long deep crying best friend conversation. She cried, because she doesn't want me to feel that way. Neither of us can help it, I guess. I AM insecure, that doesn't mean that if I had all the confidence in the world that this situation still wouldn't be hurtful.

I feel really sorry for you. You clearly see her as a threat. I bet if the roles were reversed, you wouldn't be feeling sorry for your 'friend'...must be bad for you that your friend , who hasn't wronged you in any way is resented by you.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    I have had one best friend my whole life. She is it. And she is GORGEOUS. Like jaw-droppingly gorgeous. And of course, I'm jealous. We go out together, I take hours to get ready, she pops out of the shower, wet hair, not makeup, sweatpants, and STILL everyone looks at her and wants her. Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT BLAME THEM. My problem is, should I hang around her even though I feel like crap about myself when I do?

*Let me add in real quick, she is super smart, and really really talented, so I'm screwed on all levels.

if you really have to ask, she can do better.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better she probably isn't as attractive as you think, it's probably your own projection.

actually, she probably is.
    I have a close friend like that.
    part of her attraction is that she isn't all stuck up and vain about it.

I love her. she doesn't threaten me at all, and she has the worst taste in men!!!!
    :laugh:
  • TigressPat
    Options
    my bestest friend ever is just like you are describing GORGEOUS and i mean it. BUT i love her and wouldnt change a thing about her. she is gorgeous inside and out and i love her much

:drinker:
  • TigressPat
    Options

Uhm . . yeah. I'd like some pictures of your fine friend to evaluate as well.

Are you actually considering handing out pictures of your "best friend"?

I'm not sure why everyone is comforting. reassuring, and complimenting the OP, she sounds like a really ***** friend to me.
  • TigressPat
    Options

OMG, I am responding before finishing reading the comments. But, do not send photos of your friend to random men on the internet. NO friend would ever do that!!!

*applauds heartily*
    If I knew who the OP's bestie was, I'd email her this post.

hey OP, how about giving me her email while you hand out photos?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Sounds like SHE needs a new best friends.

I have plenty of friends who are absolutely gorgeous, and sweet, and kind, and totally awesome which is why I'm friends with them. Sure sometimes I feel inadequate next to them but I'm not jealous of how they look and would never not want to be friends with them just because they are prettier than me.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    See I dont mind being the fat fugly friend. I've gotten used to it over the years. I actually befriend the more attractive people at work provided they have a great and funny personality. I guess I dont mind being on the sidelines and invisible. If you love your friend you will accept her beauty and just appreciate that such a gorgeous creature is willing to be your friend and the fun times it usually brings. Think left overs. Otherwise, stop talking to her and be a catty woman like so many other women are to her.

you know what I love? when Im the fat ugly best friend, and the guys come over to see the hottie I'm with, discover after 10 minutes that she is vapid, and spend the rest of the night trying to chat up me.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I have had one best friend my whole life. She is it. And she is GORGEOUS. Like jaw-droppingly gorgeous. And of course, I'm jealous. We go out together, I take hours to get ready, she pops out of the shower, wet hair, not makeup, sweatpants, and STILL everyone looks at her and wants her. Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT BLAME THEM. My problem is, should I hang around her even though I feel like crap about myself when I do?

*Let me add in real quick, she is super smart, and really really talented, so I'm screwed on all levels.

She pops out of the shower with sweatpants? :noway: Rest assured, she's not as smart as you think she is.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

She pops out of the shower with sweatpants? :noway: Rest assured, she's not as smart as you think she is.

:laugh:
  • TigressPat
    Options
    i had a beautiful best friend, she was my bestie since grade 5. so about 13 years.
    she was skinny, but she could eat 8 pieces of pizza or 3 big macs in one sitting. but she wasn't very beautiful inside. she constantly made fun of fat people, constantly mentioned my weight, always made me feel bad, always had sex with guys i liked. at bars she would show me up by taking any guy i showed interest in, and she would rub it in my face.

last year i decided i didn't need her in my life, and completely stopped texting her, or replying to her texts/phone calls.

but when i think about her, i have a bunch of pent up rage. i'm slowly trying to get over how much she took advantage of me.

you should have found the worst, dirtiest, slimiest ***hole on the planet and pretended to fall in love with him!

but on a more serious note, you might want to consider therapy. Holding onto that much bitterness so much later is not healthy.
  • peopletalk
    Options

you should have found the worst, dirtiest, slimiest ***hole on the planet and pretended to fall in love with him!

but on a more serious note, you might want to consider therapy. Holding onto that much bitterness so much later is not healthy.

it's only been about a year, the rage is subsiding a little each time i think of her lol. i think it's all the things i've been dying to say to her but never could. and there's no point of saying them anyway, it would only bring up old stuff. and she would just play victim or try to turn it around on me.
  • TigressPat
    Options

it's only been about a year, the rage is subsiding a little each time i think of her lol. i think it's all the things i've been dying to say to her but never could. and there's no point of saying them anyway, it would only bring up old stuff. and she would just play victim or try to turn it around on me.

maybe you should at least write her a letter saying all those things and burn it?
    a year is a long time to hold a grudge, and you need to get it out and be done with it.
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My best friend often jokes that I'm the 'beautiful one' because I get more attention than she does. But she is more beautiful in heart and mind than anyone I know, and she puts me to shame everyday with how absolutely wonderful she is to me and to others. So she's completely wrong, and I feel honoured that she's my best friend.
  • peopletalk
    Options

maybe you should at least write her a letter saying all those things and burn it?
    a year is a long time to hold a grudge, and you need to get it out and be done with it.
    you could be right. 13 years of abuse would upset anyone for awhile i think. even her mom would say really mean things to me.
    i hate to say it, but the only time i wanna see her is when i lose my weight so i can see her face. she loved the fact that i was the fat best friend. it's shallow and petty but whatever, it'll make me happy lol

it's like the person who bullies you in highschool. you wanna see their face when they see how far you've come.