Don't eat proteins and carbs in the same meal?

Options

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Since when did maintaining a calorie deficit become obsolete. Oh thats right, a calorie deficit requires sacrifice and will power, not magic and the hopes of losing tons of weight in a month or two with some "special" diet.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    This must be why I got fat. It's not that I ate all that cheese and dough in pizza, it's that I ate them at the same time.

I'll just eat the pound of cheese for breakfast, then eat the crust for lunch. No worries!

I ate 1200 calories (planned) of pizza for dinner on Wednesday. When I woke up the next morning, I had lost 1.4 pounds. I think you just weren't eating the right pizza.

On Wednesday March 13 I had 1500 calories of Cici's for dinner. Over the next three days, I dropped 2 pounds and haven't bounced back.

So maybe pizza is "a neutral."

CloseEnough_zpsfa81ed12.jpg

brofist.jpg
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Sounds really complicated and perhaps a bit annoying in social situations and stuff. There is no reason one needs to combine certain foods in order to lose weight. It's really not that complicated if you're eating in a caloric deficit, exercising, and getting enough quality sleep. I've lost around 60 lbs since July by doing those things. I am one of those people who is metabolically challenged as well. So you don't need fad diets and all that nonsense to lose weight. Just a bit of work and a bit of patience and willingness to keep doing the caloric deficit and exercise, even if the scale has slowed down or isn't budging. I think most people get caught up in the scale and let it discourage them.

Good luck.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    What the hell is a "neutral food"? Doesn't everything have some level of one of the three major macros: carbs, protein, and/or fat?

Swiss Cheese?

:laugh:
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    The best diet is the one that you can stick with for life because afterall this is a life committment to changing your old habits and ways.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    nonsense.

i'm eating carbs, fat AND protein RIGHT NOW! and in very large amounts!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is all that is required. If you are still hungry at deficit then you exercise to get more. Simple. I lost 26 pounds in 80 days which averages out to a pound every three days. On days I couldn't exercise I ate less on days I exercised I ate more. It was so simple all I need is log with MFP. I didn't really even exercise for the first 30-40 days of starting on MFP. Why over complicate it?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    nonsense.

Pop Tart sprinkled with protein powder?
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    nonsense.

Pop Tart sprinkled with protein powder?

hahaha nah - going to a movie tonight so i'm saving space for popcorn and sour patch kids
  • TraceyG1971
    TraceyG1971 Posts: 123
    Options

Well then you would put it in success stories and tell us what worked for you.

That's not what you did.

You posted a question in the Food and Nutrition forum. And people have attempted to correct your misconceptions.

I said "IF I was successful I would post it to the success stories"
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Food Combining is NOT a diet.... it's a healthy way to eat. Your body uses different chemicals to digest different kinds of food, so when you combine the wrong things.... digestion can take longer because you have chemicals fighting each other. I work with a girl who has been eating like this for years. It doesnt make her skinny, but she doesnt have digestion problems. There are many books on food combining in the library if anyone would care to learn about it, instead of bashing someone for trying it. I think its a great way to eat, but I cant eat like that all the time. There IS one thing I learned and do implement in my eating..... fruit doesnt combine with any other food and should be eaten on an empty stomach. Think about it.... if you eat a normal dinner, then follow it with a fruit cup.... the fruit will start to rot in your stomach before it gets digested because the meal is trying to be digested and take much longer.

Again.... food combining is not a diet, but it's definitely better for your digestion.
  • permaulj
    permaulj Posts: 2
    Options
    Exactly! If it's working for you, then more power to you. If it's psychological then use it to your advantage. Hey babe, whatever works for you.....good luck on your journey!
  • icezorn
    icezorn Posts: 2
    Options
    I did not know that. I am going to try this. I did hear that you should not eat fruits by themselves but rather add some nuts or cheese with it. any thought?
  • jonnythan
    Options

That's not what you did.

You posted a question in the Food and Nutrition forum. And people have attempted to correct your misconceptions.

So here's a thought: follow an eating plan that makes some sense. What do you think of that one?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I did not know that. I am going to try this. I did hear that you should not eat fruits by themselves but rather add some nuts or cheese with it. any thought?

Nonsense.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    you have chemicals fighting each other.

No.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    you have chemicals fighting each other.

No.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Food Combining is NOT a diet.... it's a healthy way to eat. Your body uses different chemicals to digest different kinds of food, so when you combine the wrong things.... digestion can take longer because you have chemicals fighting each other. I work with a girl who has been eating like this for years. It doesnt make her skinny, but she doesnt have digestion problems. There are many books on food combining in the library if anyone would care to learn about it, instead of bashing someone for trying it. I think its a great way to eat, but I cant eat like that all the time. There IS one thing I learned and do implement in my eating..... fruit doesnt combine with any other food and should be eaten on an empty stomach. Think about it.... if you eat a normal dinner, then follow it with a fruit cup.... the fruit will start to rot in your stomach before it gets digested because the meal is trying to be digested and take much longer.

Again.... food combining is not a diet, but it's definitely better for your digestion.

Good Job..
  • CoachReddy
    Options

i've actually read the exact opposite.

the reason people say that is to counter the high amount of sugar by combining it with protein/fat - but fruit sugar is already attached to fiber, so it doesn't need the extra stuff to lower its GI effect (if you even feel that matters - also up for debate)
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options

That's not what you did.

no, you tried to make it sound like this was a magic diet that was oh-so-successfull because you lost .2 lbs overnight.

i smell a troll.