Don't eat proteins and carbs in the same meal?

Options

Replies

• AliBuffer
    Options
    You know what they say about curiosity... ;)

But to answer your question, all of the unhealthy toxins from the food I shouldn't be eating.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

But to answer your question, all of the unhealthy toxins from the food I shouldn't be eating.

Like the oxidants... they rhyme with toxidants, duh!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Such as?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

*smh* D'oh! hahahaha
  • AliBuffer
    Options
    So much for being a site for "reinforcement."

I felt bad for this poor girl.

All of you are amazing.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

What toxins? I really would like to know what you mean by toxins.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So yeah, at this point, the statement "don't eat carbs in the same meal with proteins" is purely bro science.

3-11.jpg
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

I'd start a diet with less voodoo nonsense like food combining theory

If it's nonsense, then why am I already seeing results? I consumed over 1800 calories yesterday. For me, 1800 calories is maintaining.

Just a guess but if you have 160 lbs to lose, you've miscalculated your maintenance if you think it's only 1800.

This^^^^^^
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options

I love you so much....!
    :laugh:
  • magerum
    Options
    Sugars, carbs, anything and everything backed up in my body.

I know this:

My BMI is UNDER what it should be because of the way I eat and take care of my body. I know I'm extremely healthy, and love the energy I get from the way I eat, work out and CLEANSE, yes, cleanse, on a routine basis.

If you can say the same, then great. If you can't, then maybe you should be a little more open-minded.

Sugars and carbs are toxic?! Please explain that.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I know this:

My BMI is UNDER what it should be because of the way I eat and take care of my body. I know I'm extremely healthy, and love the energy I get from the way I eat, work out and CLEANSE, yes, cleanse, on a routine basis.

If you can say the same, then great. If you can't, then maybe you should be a little more open-minded.

*scratches head confused*
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options

I know this:

OMG... did you MISS the entire thread about sugar being toxic, friend?!
    PLEASE... go read it!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

I know this:

what are we cleansing?
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Do you even gi index?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

I know this:

Odus requests that you stop. Thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • magerum
    Options

I know this:

what are we cleansing?

ALL DA TOXINZ!!!1!!11!!!!!

ETA to fix quote
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I know this:

Odus requests that you stop. Thanks. :flowerforyou:

*blushing*

Thank you, loverpants.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    "Toxins" not "toxic," and that was used loosely as a general term for cleansing.

I don't believe sugar is TOXIC. I don't believe carbs are TOXIC. They are both DELICIOUS, but should be eaten within limits. If they were toxic, I would have been dead long, long ago...

From the looks of things, the rest of you could use a little cleansing. At the end of the day, the scales don't lie.

Is that so?

So because you can't name the toxins, tried to switch to some random thing about carbs and sugar....suddenly you want to insult us because you can't find the answer to support your claims? Ummmmmm....logic fail..
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    "Toxins" not "toxic," and that was used loosely as a general term for cleansing.

I don't believe sugar is TOXIC. I don't believe carbs are TOXIC. They are both DELICIOUS, but should be eaten within limits. If they were toxic, I would have been dead long, long ago...

From the looks of things, the rest of you could use a little cleansing. At the end of the day, the scales don't lie.

You callin' me fat? :huh:

Y7FsY6f.gif
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    One of my work colleagues has followed this diet and has shed 3 stones (42 lbs) this year. Personally I'm happy with eating what I normally have and working to a calorific deficit each day oh and I have lost 25 lbs since start of December