Tell me again why eating before bed won't make me fat?

Options

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    If you dream about running, you will actually lose weight in your sleep. True story.

Will I lose less if I walk? What about jogging?

Mmmmm... just had a thought. I frequently sleepwalk (I really do!) yet I never log it as exercise. Should I? Would have to wear my HRM though as I can never quite remember how long I've been up during the night.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Bob gets up in the morning and goes for a power walk. His body doesn't give a crap that the calories came from yesterday rather than today.
    If eating before bed makes you fat, shouldn't eating before a workout make you thinner?

Just a thought ;-)

ohyou.jpg
  • KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    If you dream about running, you will actually lose weight in your sleep. True story.

Mmmmm... just had a thought. I frequently sleepwalk (I really do!) yet I never log it as exercise. Should I? Would have to wear my HRM though as I can never quite remember how long I've been up during the night.

Totally! Just wear anything that counts your steps or something :laugh:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Totally! Just wear anything that counts your steps or something :laugh:

And I'll tell my boyfriend not to do his usual trick of shouting at me, throwing a pillow at me and telling me to get back into bed and go to sleep. Talk about sabotage! I could be burning some extra calories there.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Why give the body another load of tasks when its time for rest? Why ferment your gut while you sleep?! Only to wake up to a white coated tounge, stinky breath and a headache. .

So what's in your gut ferments overnight?

Soooooooo.......if I ate a load of hops, barley and sugar before I went to bed.....

I'm sensing the bright winds of opportunity here. 'MsPudding's Old Gut Buster ' here we come!

no no what happens is your intestine shuts down at 8pm..so anything you eat after 8pm backs up and ferments.....
  • johnboy513
    Options
    tumblr_m2yfm5GKpD1rnvltw.gif

this is how I feel about this topic
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I am no expert, but I do live by Jillian Micheals rules. She says NO food after 9 and no CARBS after 7. Your body will simply turn it into fat. Even sugary food. Her thing is to eat yogurt if you neeed a snack-greek low fat of course. It works! If I am watching Hell's Kitchen and have nothing to eat I get so pissed, so I eat yogurt or carrot/celery with hummus. Then I dont feel deprived. And no booze before bed. She has it down for 2 drinks a WEEK. And beer or a lowfat vodka drink. I suggest bubblegum vodka with club soda. Lowfat, tastes great and a nice mellow buzz. Does that kinda help? lol:smile:

What about the 17-22g of sugar you're consuming in most (Chobani, Oikos, etc.) low fat Greek yogurts? That's pure carbs. No alcohol has fat it in, so not sure what you're talking about there.

Not sure where you are getting that from.
    My Chobani greek yoghurt per 100g has: 9.2g protein, .01g fat and 4.5g carbs (3.1g sugar)
  • johnboy513
    Options

I am now dumber for having read that. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

It's not moon glue lady, it's fat.

Does this mean you won't be buying my book? I'm donating half the proceeds are going to a home for retired meerkats :-(

I'm thinking you sales are going to be down... so where do meerkats go to retire? can I get some science behind you study before I buy this book? some more charts and graphs would be nice.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Why give the body another load of tasks when its time for rest? Why ferment your gut while you sleep?! Only to wake up to a white coated tounge, stinky breath and a headache. .

So what's in your gut ferments overnight?

Soooooooo.......if I ate a load of hops, barley and sugar before I went to bed.....

I'm sensing the bright winds of opportunity here. 'MsPudding's Old Gut Buster ' here we come!

no no what happens is your intestine shuts down at 8pm..so anything you eat after 8pm backs up and ferments.....

this
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm about to consume about 1000 calories right now and its 10pm. I'll be fat by morning and i'll post before and after pics to prove it
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I am no expert, but I do live by Jillian Micheals rules. She says NO food after 9 and no CARBS after 7. Your body will simply turn it into fat. Even sugary food. Her thing is to eat yogurt if you neeed a snack-greek low fat of course. It works! If I am watching Hell's Kitchen and have nothing to eat I get so pissed, so I eat yogurt or carrot/celery with hummus. Then I dont feel deprived. And no booze before bed. She has it down for 2 drinks a WEEK. And beer or a lowfat vodka drink. I suggest bubblegum vodka with club soda. Lowfat, tastes great and a nice mellow buzz. Does that kinda help? lol:smile:

What about the 17-22g of sugar you're consuming in most (Chobani, Oikos, etc.) low fat Greek yogurts? That's pure carbs. No alcohol has fat it in, so not sure what you're talking about there.

Not sure where you are getting that from.
    My Chobani greek yoghurt per 100g has: 9.2g protein, .01g fat and 4.5g carbs (3.1g sugar)

Yeah, what? I have greek yogurt every night and it's not full of carbs or sugar.. in fact 18g of protein and it's damn good.

Calories in - calories out.. that's really all anyone needs to know.
  • sunkist5555
    Options
    guys.. really? your body doesn't know the difference in day times, and neither do calories. eat whenever, just make sure you work it off the next day!
  • dcuevas6235
    dcuevas6235 Posts: 135
    Options
    bump
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options

Does your intestine take account of daylight savings?

What happens if your change time zone? I'm in GMT....so if I ate a big late supper, but then got on a plane to New York I should have an extra 5 hours of digestion time!

Hey....is this why I've never seen a fat pilot?
  • always_odd
    always_odd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Eat when you're hungry. Sleep when you're tired. That's the way we were made to be. Don't try to control it or you won't know when you're hungry anymore because you'll be too focused on the timing. Your body knows what it needs. Listen to it.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Your body knows what it needs. Listen to it.

I tried doing that .....but the guy got an injunction out on me for stalking :ohwell:
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Because of science.
  • johnboy513
    Options

Does your intestine take account of daylight savings?

What happens if your change time zone? I'm in GMT....so if I ate a big late supper, but then got on a plane to New York I should have an extra 5 hours of digestion time!

Hey....is this why I've never seen a fat pilot?

Seems Legit :drinker:
  • johnboy513
    Options
    Your body knows what it needs. Listen to it.

I tried doing that .....but the guy got an injunction out on me for stalking :ohwell:

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • johnboy513
    Options
    Because of science.

what science???