Shakeology Vrs Slim fast?

Options

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I drink Body Fortress chocolate whey protein. I've had other protein shakes...Special K, Slim Fast, even Kroger brand. None have disappointed me. They're much less costly and get the same work done: fills ya, fuels ya.

I tried this vegan brown rice protein once...LITERALLY tasted like sand.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I drink Ensure - High Protein 4 mornings a week

Ensure - HP:
    Calories 210
    Fat 2.5g
    Carbs 23g
    Protein 25g

Slim-fast:
    Calories 180
    Fat 6g
    Carbs 24g
    Protein 10g

Shakeology:
    Calories 160
    Fat 2g
    Carbs 21g
    Protein 16g
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Shakeology changed its formulation about a year ago. Before then it was quite yummy, and now it's really awful. The only way I find it palatable is to mix it with vanilla flavored almond milk. Otherwise it is just hideous. And it's so damn expensive, and you can't buy a sample. So I've been buying lots of almond milk in order to drink up the stuff. It's still hold the nose, but at least it's not hideous.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options

So, I just tried my first chocolate Shakeology today (a friend gave me a sample)... and I really must say I like Slim Fast a lot better.

lol wut.

slim fast is not even a remotely similar product to shakeology...

shakeology is not even remotely similar product to actual food.

Eat food people. Food works.

where do i get food people

My local natural foods store has it. They call it "Soylent Green."

:laugh:!!!!
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    Advantage edge carb control kicks some slim fast butt with only 100 calories, 17 g of protein and a great flavor- and pre mixed and cheap at Walmart!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Can I vote for a glass of milk, a multivitamin and an apple?

(And I thought DA was a haircut from the 1950's - Duck's *kitten*, so called because it looked like a duck's *kitten*......)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Shakeology uses prop blends, so you have no idea the dosage of any of those ingredients. The prop blends are small, though, so dividing it up amongst 70 ingredients makes the dosage of each tiny and pretty much useless. I brought this up to Carl Daikeler a couple of years ago (I am a former diamond coach and hate to admit that I was ever associated with that crappy company) and he basically told me that he didn't know the answer and that I should not be asking...

And since when has man made = bad for you? Just curious why you think things have to sprout from the ground or else be unhealthy to eat.

Nope. It says what the dosage is, at least on their website.

I like it because it fills you up. I don't think slim fast would.

The tropical strawberry shakeology is awful though. I tried it today and I'm returning the package.

You don't t h i n k it would-- meaning you haven't tried it?

I have tried slim fast as a shake. It fills me up long enough to get to the next snack. Which is as it's meant. It doesn't fill you up like having Mother's Day brunch at all you can eat and being full till dinnertime or later. I don't know any shakes that do that.

I'm confused? Isn't shakeology a powder? How is that not processed? I believe by being in powder form it is literally a processed food. Even if it's made out of unicorn farts and golden daisies, that's still powdered farts and daisies and thus processed, no?

I was curious about shakeology so when my friend asked me about my shake, I pretended I didn't know, that my brother gave it to me ( I know it's slim fast, I also know people think this way these posters are acting all holier than thou about them, so I keep my business to myself and leave nobody IRL room to slam me). Then I let her go on and on about the shakeology her nieces were introducing her to. Since she beleived I didn't care one way or the other and was only drinking a leftover shake my brother gave me on a one time basis, she really opened up. They are incredibly expensive, and she didn't like the taste either. After giving her about 20 minutes with the radio off to marinade a little more (my car, my tactics), she came to the conclusion that her nieces might be trying to get her to agree that it's great because maybe their expense for it might be mitigated by getting her and other's to order it. Bingo! I said. You got it, that's exactly it. Now text your niece to see if we're right, ask her how many people you have to sell it to for the price to become more affordable. She replied, "no, i already knew that but forgot to tell you. i forgot how many people because it didn't bring the price down that much. so I just put that number right out of my head, i don't even remember it." These were her impressions not mine. I can drink my slim fast and no one else has to drink it and I get it at the same price regardless. I don't have to convince people it's natural or unprocessed or life saving to be able to afford it. It just is what it is.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

So, I just tried my first chocolate Shakeology today (a friend gave me a sample)... and I really must say I like Slim Fast a lot better.

lol wut.

shakeology is not even remotely similar product to actual food.

Eat food people. Food works.

where do i get food people

i could tell you but then i'd have to kill you

and serve you to my friends as a nutritious snack

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXDPwBfgCQyOwPtrivfKuQ_THYJm5l-sqsW3IqztJKIlRupJWv
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Nope. It says what the dosage is, at least on their website.

I like it because it fills you up. I don't think slim fast would.

The tropical strawberry shakeology is awful though. I tried it today and I'm returning the package.

Slim fast fills me up personally, I drank one in the morning and I barley ate all day. :smile:

Ummmm, much love OP for admitting you like the taste, and for agreeing it fills you up, but yeah one shake and then not eating all day? You're doing it wrong. Your still supposed to eat food. plenty of it. Like 4 more times during the day.

It's because of people misusing the slim fast plan that some people think it's the devil :devil: .

Slim fast don't kill people--- people kill people.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    And what's the problem with eating real food? :wink: My friend has been using Slim Fast for years now and all she's lost is a load of money and the ability to enjoy life!

Yes! This^^:heart:

yes.gif

Well, I know I'm not your friend (blessing?) but I've lost 25 lbs using it and real foods to count my cals, and I'm not gonna be on it for years, unsure it was meant to be used that way? Also as for the cost, I've never not found it on sale so at around 80cents a shake it's usually cheaper than whatever I was gonna get at lunch at a restaurant or drive thru or anything else really? The only thing cheaper would have been to dip into the rice cooker for a cup of rice at like 2 pennies a bowl and put the free soy sauce packet from panda express on it? LOLz. No seriously, I like to eat great so most of the restaurants I go to cost way hayayayayaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more. But even the 99 chicken sandwich on sale at carls junior right now is more expensive. I'm not home to eat most days so this is my comparison. Yeah if you're home all day and can make a rice cooker pot and ramen noodles all day, then I guess it's expensive compared to that?

SO yeah, slimfast =/= not expensive

fist-bump-o.gif

just for all the ladies gutsy enough to come in here and "weigh-in" on these crazy shakes.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    And what's the problem with eating real food? :wink: My friend has been using Slim Fast for years now and all she's lost is a load of money and the ability to enjoy life!

^^^ this
  • zacrocks
    zacrocks Posts: 2
    Options
    Shakeology is too expensive, can't pay for it. Instead I am forced to eat fresh fruits and veggies and other foods to lose weight. I do prefer slimfast shakes over Shakeology.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

lol wut.

Sure they are. They're both nutritional shakes. It's really the marketing that's very different.

says someone who's never compared the nutrition facts/ingredients list.

they're not remotely similar.

Indeed I have.

Slim-fast:
    Calories 180
    Fat 6g
    Carbs 24g
    Protein 10g

Shakeology:
    Calories 160
    Fat 2g
    Carbs 21g
    Protein 16g

Not really very different. They're meal replacement shakes. Shakeology has a little less fat and more protein.

calories, fat, carbs and protein isn't ingredients you DA. Sugar is the main ingredient in slim fast which obviously isn't healthy and they are trying to cover up the horrible aftertaste. cellulose gel... mmm found in ky lube... artificial sweeteners out the wazoo... yea that's healthy alright. of course you will lose weight drinking something under 200 calories for a meal, but doesn't mean it's healthy. you guys have some warped brains if you would drink something that is nutritionally bad for you in order to lose weight. just because you are desperate to do so doesn't mean u gotta take extreme measures and fill your body full of artificial crap that is going to do you more harm than good in the longrun.

Would you tell us what DA means, please?

Wait...what? So my slim fast shakes can double as lube? I love multi-tasking. My diet just got exponentially better! Thanks whoever posted this :flowerforyou: !
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Slim fast is much better.....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I think it's better to come up with your own shakes--with plain non fat greek yogurt plus some fresh fruits and veggies. Slim Fast has a LOT of sugar, little protein or any other real nutritional value. 1 serving of kirkland plain, nonfat greek yogurt has 18 g of protein already--add some blueberries, strawberries and 1/2 a banana you've got over 20 g of protein, a good dose of fiber and it's naturally sweet. If you like it sweeter, add a tsp of honey for a smoothie that's clean and delicious!! You can even add some cooked spinach for extra iron or some flax seeds and not even taste it!! I would nix slimfast and shakeology .... blech.... chemicals--and some of the powdered items have aspartame.

Point taken. Gotta get unlazier to make some better shakes. Or at least drive to jamba juice and make them make me something like this. Thanks for posting all the proteins in this and comparing. Slim fast has 10 grams protein usually and yeah the sugar's been on my mind, but then again I get lots of sugar in the cupcakes, poptarts, and ice creams I eat so... IDK? I may still do easy and convenient for awhile. At least in the mornings, but thanks for the info. As soon as I find someone to make my shakes for me, I'll switch to these yummy sounding hi protein ones. The only question I still have is what do I do with the other 1/2 banana?
  • sonerrali
    sonerrali Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So from what im seeing after all this talk is the following:

1 - Eating healthy is better than shakes
    2 - If your late and on the run a shake is good but should never be permanently replaced by real food
    3 - If your paying £120 for Shakeology expect to pay another £30 on additives cause on its own you cant drink it and why people pay £120 for a shake you "cannot" drink without feeling sick blows my mind
    4 - Slim Fast or Whey protein or other supplements are frowned upon cause they have a higher level of sugar or aspartame (how many of the people complaining here that moan about Aspartame NEVER drink diet drinks? If you do then your a hypocrite simple really lol

I've known people get wonderful results with Slim Fast and others. Its about how you go about it. Shakeology for all its merits might a absolute fantastic product, but if your for even a second thinking after spending £120 on a months supply, im gonna spend another £120 on extra to add to make it drinkable and by that point the 140 cal drink turns into a 400 cal drink which in it self defeats the purpose your mental lol. Adding all that stuff taking it up to 300-400 cal vs something that is 180 cal. Bottom line is, a calorie deficit will make you lose weight. No science in that lol. You making your shake triple the calorie "just" to make it drinkable seems absolutely nuts. Each to their own but from everything ive read, id rather my chances with something cheaper that doesn't need anything added to make it drinkable. Not flaming or in anyway tying to be rude or insulting in any way shape of form, but seriously, stop and think a second.....
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    d7m7c7o.jpg
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    ThreadNecromancer.jpg
  • sonerrali
    sonerrali Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    d7m7c7o.jpg

Sadly you can't multi quote (on iPad anyway) but in future ill not bother searching for threads that are based on the same topic or question. I'll just create a new thread asking the same question and if anyone says anything ill reply in exactly the rude and immature way you 2 just did and be a **** like you both were.

Thanks
  • indybuddy
    Options
    I agree, being a "product of the product" i have discovered that slimfast is too sweet for my liking. Shakeology is a great product and I drink at least one a day. I have lost 160 total pounds. For those of you who say you "spit it out" you either didnt make it right or didnt use the recipe sheet that accompanies the product.