Shakeology Vrs Slim fast?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• duke0825
    duke0825 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can I vote for a glass of milk, a multivitamin and an apple?

(And I thought DA was a haircut from the 1950's - Duck's *kitten*, so called because it looked like a duck's *kitten*......)

Seriously. I was going to say have have some chocolate milk and a salad. Wherever they claim to traveled to get the ingredients for Shakeology, it's still just as processed as a serving of Doritos. I in no way consider it a "meal" as they do.
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Shakeology has lots of nutrients in it and if you're body is not used to all the goodness then I think it takes awhile to get used to. It also really depends how you prepare your shake. Did you friend give you suggestions for making your sample?

There really is no comparison between Shakeology and Slim Fast. Everything found in Shakeology is from whole or raw food sources. All the vitamins and minerals come from those super foods. Everything in Slim Fast is chemically processed and man made. I guess if your not big into where your food comes from then it doesn't matter, but you pretty much get what you pay for :)

My friend told me to add...

the 1 serving shakeology she gave me
    1 banana
    1-2 tbs of peanut butter
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup water
    6-8 ice cubs
    and 1 tbs of vanilla extract or agave nectar

Can someone tell me after you add to shakeology all the above how many cal you are taking in once???
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options

lol wut.

slim fast is not even a remotely similar product to shakeology...

I know it's now customary on here to be complete health snobs, but my god, how pedantic do you want to be?

Clearly, nutrition/ingredients aside, the concept of the two products are exactly the same?

Both meal replacement via shakes. Right?
  • sonerrali
    sonerrali Posts: 38 Member
    Options

lol wut.

slim fast is not even a remotely similar product to shakeology...

I know it's now customary on here to be complete health snobs, but my god, how pedantic do you want to be?

Clearly, nutrition/ingredients aside, the concept of the two products are exactly the same?

Both meal replacement via shakes. Right?

Indeed however one is promoted by BB.com and the other isnt. Thats why the other is frowned upon. Let me ask you this. which is worse:

Option A: A whopper Meal with a diet drink

or

Option B: Slimfast Shake?
  • sonerrali
    sonerrali Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Shakeology has lots of nutrients in it and if you're body is not used to all the goodness then I think it takes awhile to get used to. It also really depends how you prepare your shake. Did you friend give you suggestions for making your sample?

There really is no comparison between Shakeology and Slim Fast. Everything found in Shakeology is from whole or raw food sources. All the vitamins and minerals come from those super foods. Everything in Slim Fast is chemically processed and man made. I guess if your not big into where your food comes from then it doesn't matter, but you pretty much get what you pay for :)

My friend told me to add...

the 1 serving shakeology she gave me
    1 banana
    1-2 tbs of peanut butter
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup water
    6-8 ice cubs
    and 1 tbs of vanilla extract or agave nectar

Can someone tell me after you add to shakeology all the above how many cal you are taking in once???

My guess? somewhere in the region of 300-400 calories which is more than my usual breakfast lol. Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Slim-fast:
    Calories 180
    Fat 6g
    Carbs 24g
    Protein 10g

Shakeology:
    Calories 160
    Fat 2g
    Carbs 21g
    Protein 16g

Too much sugar/Carbs in regular slim fast for me (diabetic)

High Protein Slim Fast
    Calories 180
    Fat 1.5g
    Carbs 4g
    Protein 20g
    Sugar 2g

It hits the spot when I'm on the go, driving, and need to eat
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I use Advocare shakes for breakfast and love them
  • Sgerrits1
    Options
    I cant speak about Shakeolgy since I have never tried it but I did slim fast and almond milk for a week it didn't taste too bad but real sweet (it has a lot of sugar in it) so I went down and bought soy powder, whey powder,rolled oats flax seed and bran made my own shake powder mix with half an banana and 1 oz pineapple or blueberry's and 1 cup almond milk and mix taste a lot better than slimfast not so super sweet!!!!!