Ladies, should a man be the only one to pursue?

Options

Replies

• 1Posh_Princess
    1Posh_Princess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    From another thread - "No; a lady should never make the first move. Always let a man pursue you."

Thoughts, opinions?

I'm agreeing on this one
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I think it is ok to show interest, by sending a smile or make eye contact, but the approach is in his court.

That's not necessarily showing interest, though. That's just not being an ish.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly old-school. I want the guy to do the pursuing, or the "wooing" as it were. I don't think it's playing games either. We women have a way of letting you men know when we're receptive to your advances so it's not like you guys are doing all the work. :wink:

Whatever floats your boat though. :smile:

You mean women generally have a way of letting the super handsome guys know their interested. The rest of us slobs you leave in the dark to guess.

Ummmm....say what? :noway:

How you got that out of my post, I'll never know.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say perhaps it's your crappy attitude that gets in your way.

Good grief....
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I think it is ok to show interest, by sending a smile or make eye contact, but the approach is in his court.

This. When I jog almost every woman I cross paths with on the side walk waves and smiles. By this logic they all want to meet me. Or maybe they're just being nice.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    They were waving at the hot guy behind you........

This. When I jog almost every woman I cross paths with on the side walk waves and smiles. By this logic they all want to meet me. Or maybe they're just being nice.
  • drchimpanzee
    Options

And women wonder why I think they're shallow LOL
  • losing4goodnow
    losing4goodnow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    No, the man should not be the only one to pursue! I don't always approach someone I'm interested in but I have before. Like several people responded, no sense in letting someone "get away" without saying something. They may be interested in you but don't know how to approach you.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Sorry man you left yourself open to that one, you gotta give me credit. LOL!!

• drchimpanzee
    Options
    Sorry man you left yourself open to that one, you gotta give me credit. LOL!!

Jokes on you. I run so slow no one is every behind me ;)
  • DaniMichelle5
    DaniMichelle5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how to be a man, if you can't read the signs, you will be single for a long time.
  • DaniMichelle5
    DaniMichelle5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Ginoo
    Ginoo Posts: 56
    Options
    Its fun pursuing a guy...
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Pursing is equal opportunity sport
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I am just going to jump in and say there is a such thing as over-persuing for both men and women.

I have a friend that buys drinks for guys, chats them up, even opted to play strip poker (the only girl who played) and she "did all the work" as she said to me herself. The guys were more interested in me and her other friend who were quiet and polite and didn't pursue them. So I know guys say they want a woman to pursue them but let's face it some pursuit is overboard or desperate.

Sometimes ladies he's just not that into you.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    No. What if the man is shy?
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    no, I also pursue food. Too much of it. That's how i got here.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty a loof so if a female is interested in me, I need a smack on the back the head to get the picture
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    No, I pursued a few guys in the past and it paid off... most of the time they were interested too but were too shy... I'm glad I said something because now I have some great memories to look back on. Also, I made the first move of introducing myself to my future husband... The best thing that could have ever happened :smile:
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I would rather be pursued. It makes it easier to tell if the man is a snake or not.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I guess all the women that post here are super confident go-getters.