Is MILK work?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

A lot of animals eat feces. I guess we had better start doing that if we want to copy what animals are doing.

Also, we are *not* the only species to drink milk past infancy. Most animals will drink it - they just do not have the ability to milk a cow.

Uh you go first :P

Have you ever seen a cat after some idiot gives it milk? It gets diarrhea lol sure animals will drink it but some get sick afterwards.They can be lactose intolerant just like how 65% of the human population is lactose intolerant.

http://pets.webmd.com/cats/guide/cats-and-dairy-get-the-facts

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/lactose-intolerance

Though I'm sure most of you that simply adore milk are northern europeans that are less likely to be lactose intolerant.

I was referring to the totally incorrect statement that 'we are the only animals that drink milk past infancy' - a totally incorrect statement. Some get sick after, just as some people do. If you do not, then what is the issue then? Some people get sick after eating peanuts or shellfish...should everyone stop eating them?

Only 2% of people of Northern European descent are lactose intolerant.

Also, lactose sensitivity =/= intolerance.

Sensitivity then, doctor. Maybe it's just me, (and if it is that's just fine I don't give a *kitten*), but if a food were so "good for you" would such a large piece of a population have a sensitivity to it? I'm probably biased since it makes me so sick, just as I'm sure some dairy farmers are biased since it's their food ticket.

Yes, you are biased.

Okay, thanks for the recap naked lady.

You have some serious issues cat person.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    DO NOT drink pasteurized milk! only raw milk from a clean and reputable farmer.

OR drink almond milk mixed with a MRP.

pasteurized milk is damn well near a poison. cancer in a carton

I'm hoping you're joking? If not or for those of you that do not know he is joking, this is completely wrong.

Drinking raw milk is how people get sick and die. Pasteurization is not adding adding loads of chemicals, its the process of heating and cooling the milk to kill/reduce pathogens.

AFAIK no one has actually died drinking raw milk in quite a while. It's certainly possible though.

AFAIK? Sorry for my ignorance :ohwell:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I'm hoping you're joking? If not or for those of you that do not know he is joking, this is completely wrong.

Drinking raw milk is how people get sick and die. Pasteurization is not adding adding loads of chemicals, its the process of heating and cooling the milk to kill/reduce pathogens.

AFAIK no one has actually died drinking raw milk in quite a while. It's certainly possible though.

As far as I know.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

As far as I know.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options

Thank you... logic.

When I saw that post earlier, I didn't even want to touch it. I knew my frustration levels would go through the roof with that one.

lol You're not the only one:laugh:
  • fayeonherway
    Options

You jump in on every milk thread and dominate it. You have lactose sensitivities and don't drink milk. Got it. Can you stop derailing the thread now? Take a look at the number of posts you've made compared to anyone else in this thread.

This!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

As far as I know.

Where I live, in Pennsylvania, raw milk is legal from inspected and certified providers. There has not been an instances of illness in years and years.

Data from the CDC: From 1998 through 2011, 148 outbreaks due to consumption of raw milk or raw milk products were reported to CDC. These resulted in 2,384 illnesses, 284 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths.

That is for the entire US for a 13 year period.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

A lot of animals eat feces. I guess we had better start doing that if we want to copy what animals are doing.

Also, we are *not* the only species to drink milk past infancy. Most animals will drink it - they just do not have the ability to milk a cow.

Have you ever seen a cat after some idiot gives it milk? It gets diarrhea lol sure animals will drink it but some get sick afterwards.They can be lactose intolerant just like how 65% of the human population is lactose intolerant.

Though I'm sure most of you that simply adore milk are northern europeans that are less likely to be lactose intolerant.

I was referring to the totally incorrect statement that 'we are the only animals that drink milk past infancy' - a totally incorrect statement. Some get sick after, just as some people do. If you do not, then what is the issue then? Some people get sick after eating peanuts or shellfish...should everyone stop eating them?

Sensitivity then, doctor. Maybe it's just me, (and if it is that's just fine I don't give a *kitten*), but if a food were so "good for you" would such a large piece of a population have a sensitivity to it? I'm probably biased since it makes me so sick, just as I'm sure some dairy farmers are biased since it's their food ticket.

Yes, you are biased.

You jump in on every milk thread and dominate it. You have lactose sensitivities and don't drink milk. Got it. Can you stop derailing the thread now? Take a look at the number of posts you've made compared to anyone else in this thread.

HOW DARE YOU

I'm the one who does the thread dominating around here!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Yes, you are biased.

HOW DARE YOU

I'm the one who does the thread dominating around here!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • frazzlecg
    frazzlecg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you guys want to bring up hormones gone wrong, and suggest soy milk and tofu as a replacement you're out of your mind. Soy products carry a warning in Europe and have more estrogen than your birth control pill. Know your facts before acting all pro.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    If you guys want to bring up hormones gone wrong, and suggest soy milk and tofu as a replacement you're out of your mind. Soy products carry a warning in Europe and have more estrogen than your birth control pill. Know your facts before acting all pro.

Have always avoided soy. I recommend coconut or almond milk. Based on tasting most all of them, SO Delicious brand coconut milk (unsweetened) tastes the best.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

Pretty sure there isn't more estrogen in soy than birth control pills.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Fun soy article:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3513607.stm

Old, I know, but worth remembering.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this topic. The original poster has received a significant amount of feedback and the conversations can continue via personal messaging or within a group.

The forum guidelines include this item:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.