Online Dating, Yay or Nay

Options

Replies

• charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    okcupid.com

Totally free, and super nice guys on there.... I met my husband on there as did a friend of mine!!!!

Good luck :)
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance online. Then we met at the mall. We've been together for over 5 years now. I think online dating is great as long as you have some common sense. Obviously a good idea to meet in public, never in private.
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh btw POF is mostly married people just wanting to have sex.... BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THAT ONE!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I don't get what's so bad about a guy that finds you attractive at your goal weight.

You think just because he dates you when your chubby that makes him more genuine?

I dated when i was thinner and I have dated at the weight I am now. There have been nice guys and not so nice guys.

I really don't think my weight will make a difference but I suppose part of it is that they would like me whether I am big or small. That it wouldn't matter.

You know... that mushy bs stuff.

I started online dating when I was still over 200lbs, now I am about 160lbs and I thought my response would be far greater... and you know what? it's not.. booo, so just be you and you will be fine :)
  • Jenrosa28
    Jenrosa28 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Dating online seems to be scetchy!! Get dressed up and go out and mingle!! Enjoy the area around you and introduce yourself to the many people around!! Smile and someone will come walking in your direction!!
  • 1Posh_Princess
    1Posh_Princess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes! I met my last ex husband online ..... oh wait...
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yay if it works! Hehe
  • migueltavares
    Options
    Nay..
    It's too difficult and painful.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Thks for the afternoon chuckle.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Oh btw POF is mostly married people just wanting to have sex.... BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THAT ONE!

Ok...that sucks, I can't even meet someone in a place where everyone is specifically just looking for sex?!

WARNING...going to scream it out here...plug your ears...

OHMYGODWHATSWRONGWITHME?!?!?!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I don't see any problems with it...As long as you're honest and careful.
    I had lots of relation ships that came from Online dating website.

I've met both My ex (the mother of my 8 y.o daughter) and my wife (mother of my 2 y.o daughter) on these sites...

So yes, it's not always bad ;)

Take care
  • Lucyl0ck3tt
    Lucyl0ck3tt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Online dating can be a pain in the *kitten* because, as you can guess, there are some PROPER creepy creepers out there. 3 of my ex's, I met online and my fiance of 3 years (who I am currently with) I also met online even though he only lives 20 minutes away :)

I'd probably try Match.com if you're serious about it but if you just wanna try it out, I met my fiancee on plenty of fish :)
    xo
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Dating online seems to be scetchy!! Get dressed up and go out and mingle!! Enjoy the area around you and introduce yourself to the many people around!! Smile and someone will come walking in your direction!!

I'll never understand this mentality - why is it sketchy? You know much more about people up front than you do about someone you meet at a bar. Plus the people you meet while out enjoying the area? They are online too! Sketchy people are everywhere.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options

I'll never understand this mentality - why is it sketchy? You know much more about people up front than you do about someone you meet at a bar. Plus the people you meet while out enjoying the area? They are online too! Sketchy people are everywhere.

I agree, I've met some sketchy women at bars. Most of the women I've met online have been pretty normal for the most part, no crazy stories to report. Most have been nice, polite, and professional. Though, I also met a few serial daters too. :grumble:

I'll agree with the original poster and say that getting dressed and going for a night out on the town will yield more solid prospects than a dating site. This is definitely true for a guy, not sure what a woman's perspective is.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Met my husband on eHarmony five years ago. Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary is coming up.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    last thing i'd say is dont let other peoples opinion put you off. i know a few people who meet online and have been together for yrs who still lie about where they meet to new people as they see it as there must be something wrong with them to have HAD TO of met online. there is nothing wrong with online dating. Just think of it as interviewing people for the job of being your partner, after all it is a really important job.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i hate that some ppl are so close minded. last guy i met online i didnt bring around my friends because i didnt want to deal with all the questions and having to make something up.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Well,
    I have had bad experiences online, but I admit, I hadn't ever really been single and didn't really 'weed out' people and if they seemed sane and stable I would go on a date. Most were not sane or stable. LOL

I could see it working though if you really had a strategic plan or just happened to stumble upon someone in a forum or what not. Maybe not so much on a dating site where you are actively looking?

That said, If anyone has read my previous posts, my husbands and I's marriage is all but over, and if/when we finally have had enough, I will consider attractiveness when picking out my next partner. That MAY seem shallow, but for many years when I was overweight I dated people that I didn't particularly find attractive just because I thought I couldn't 'get' an attractive or fit/healthy person. To go hand in hand with that, I want to continue an active lifestyle and someone who wants to sit around and play video games and devour huge bags of chips isn't going to do it for me.

I wish you luck in your search! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    Yay, only if you're street smart & know what you want.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Not for me.