Online Dating, Yay or Nay

Options

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm fat.

All the ladies on my friends list want me...it's ridic how much I have to fend them off...

But, my attitude for the most part is awesome...

Tyler, get off the Internet and come back to bed!

You left me for Tyler ... effffffff this!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I'm fat.

All the ladies on my friends list want me...it's ridic how much I have to fend them off...

I think it's fairly obvious why
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    I'm fat.

I'm actually considering putting on a few pounds to be more like Tyler.
    I'm all jealous of his bishes.

It's the attitude man....but you seem to be doing good there. When I am done, I will send them your way....
    You can't send me anywhere, i go where i want. And we'll never be done Tyler. NEVER.

^^^^This one is CRAZYYYY
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Hey fat guys - no need to fight .. there are plenty of awesome not-shallow chicks to go around.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I'm fat.

It's the attitude man....but you seem to be doing good there. When I am done, I will send them your way....
    You can't send me anywhere, i go where i want. And we'll never be done Tyler. NEVER.

^^^^This one is CRAZYYYY
    I am pregnant. You need to do the right thing.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm fat.

Dude . . . it's not just the ladies.

:love: :flowerforyou:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online.

I have to tell you though...I weeded through a lot of dandies before I found him. The important thing is to be smart. Talk plenty first. If he doesn't want to talk, he probably wants sex. Meet up at a public place for the first date. Do not let him pick you up! When you meet up, trust your gut instincts. And just keep an open mind!
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Best lunch hour, ever. Gotta save lives. xoxo
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Hey fat guys - no need to fight .. there are plenty of awesome not-shallow chicks to go around.

Wait, but remember... we ARE shallow. All of us. Every. Single. One. We all want beach body hotties!!!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    No luck with online dating yet... most people vanish when they find out I'm in a wheelchair. As in, conversation is going well, everything seems cool, then I casually mention this, and... no more responses. Yikes. And those who aren't scared by it don't end up being a match in the long term.

Still waiting for the one...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I'd say the general problem is women set an unreasonable level of attractiveness that is required. If you're over a certain weight you're done with most women. Period. Not cool. My attitudes are formed based off how I've been treated. If women dated a wider variety of guys I'd have no issue with them.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize we had met before? I definitely didn't realize I had treated you poorly in the past.

You are generalizing and that's the problem.

Listen, I get it. Dating is hard. People treat each other terribly. My ex used me, lied to me, cheated on me, asked me to take him back and then left me for another girl. It was the worst, but I learned a whole lot.

I may be more careful screening the next one, but I'm certainly not going to blame all men for his indiscretions. If I did that then the only person I would be hurting is myself.

I'm not even talking about dating. It's not an issue of screening. I'm talking about meeting. 9 out 10 times I get blown off in the first 30 seconds because I don't look like the cookie cutter athletic beach body women are hoping walks up to them. You know, that guy they're talking to 5 minutes later.

I do not fit this mold.....never have....but when I was single I got lots of attention from the ladies. It the personality....You have to be confident. You have to love yourself.....and you have to be a good person. I can't say much about you personally because I don't know you. But from the things you say on the internet I would say you could work on all three of these. And maybe adjust your standards.....I am not one to judge....because that's against the forum guidelines....but the general rule of thumb is you can move 2 spaces up or down. If you are a 6 don't try to date a 10. Again....I am not saying you are a 6. Just saying to think about where you fall in that equation.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    My husband and I met online. 6 years and going strong.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm fat.

I think it's fairly obvious why

^Touche
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I say Yay.......as long as my wife doesn't find out!

tumblr_lydfx4Zqjd1r4bg1q.gif

for the record: I'm joking! :P

Did that hurt?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    No luck with online dating yet... most people vanish when they find out I'm in a wheelchair. As in, conversation is going well, everything seems cool, then I casually mention this, and... no more responses. Yikes. And those who aren't scared by it don't end up being a match in the long term.

Still waiting for the one...

Do you feel comfortable talking about it? I was never approached by a man in a wheelchair when I was single, but I bet I would have wanted to ask a million and one questions about it. Is that weird?! lol
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online.

I have to tell you though...I weeded through a lot of dandies before I found him. The important thing is to be smart. Talk plenty first. If he doesn't want to talk, he probably wants sex. Meet up at a public place for the first date. Do not let him pick you up! When you meet up, trust your gut instincts. And just keep an open mind!

Yeah, my GF and I talked for almost two weeks before we actually met. First it was e-mails, then texts, and then phone conversations. The first night we met she was sitting in her car and she waited for me to go in; I had no idea what she was driving. She asked me what I had on and watched me walk in while she was on the phone with her mom. When we got in she texted her mom to let her know everything was fine. In retrospect I'm shocked she let me walk her to her car afterwards but she did give me a big hug first. :)
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    I'm fat.

^^^^This one is CRAZYYYY
    I am pregnant. You need to do the right thing.

Run?
  • TwinkiesNKetchup
    Options
    law of attraction doesn't really work that way. I would recommend focusing on yourself, love yourself, be the best you - you can be. Be your best friend, love yourself, take care of yourself and set high standards for those you allow to be near you. Then and only then will you attract someone worthy of you. It doesn't matter what your size or weight is, what matters is if you love yourself and only allow healthy people into your inner circle.
  • Windzer
    Windzer Posts: 104
    Options
    Met my ex-wife online, also met my current girlfriend online. I am gunna call it a wash at this point :laugh:
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    drchimpanzee - I'm going to be totally straight up with you. I think you are a really good looking guy - your before pictures are hot, your current pictures are hot. If I were single (or of lesser character) I would be on you like white on rice.

Until you open your mouth. And then, all I see is your ugly attitude.

I deleted you from my FL a few weeks back after a lengthy and heated discussion between you and me and one of my other friends, wherein we both shared with you our experiences in dating overweight men. Each of us explained our attractions toward men of a heavier build, and that not only do WE put personality first and foremost when choosing partners, neither of us keep female friends that would do anything less as well. You still maintained that at least 80% of women were shallow and superficial, and wouldn't give you the time of day when you were overweight because of it, and won't give you their attention now because ... well, because of who knows what. Honestly, I stopped listening at that point. And deleted you. Your ignorance and sexism is disheartening.

You know that saying about how if everything around you is bad, the common denominator is probably you? Yeah, that's what's going on here. You're good looking, reasonably intelligent, pretty well spoken, and seem to be gainfully employed. The only thing stopping you from finding a decent woman is YOU. I promise you that. Please get some counseling for your insecurities and sexist ideas about women, because it hurts my heart to see you struggle so much with this.

I was once engaged to a man who is overweight. And this was when I was arguable hotter than I am now (younger and thinner). And I'm pretty damn hot now.

I broke that engagement because of....wait for it...his attitude. That's probably because I'm super shallow, though.