Women and muscle. What is your opinion?

Options

Replies

• Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options
    Hmm, well you can lie and try to pretend you don't dress to feel and look good. But I saw your pictures (and think you look and dress very pretty) and i doubt you dress for only yourself.

The only thing I was comparing opinions to were other opinions. If someone asked if these jeans look terrible on me, would you respond with "your jeans aren't public property"? If you would, I'd hate to be your friend. Normal people.would respond with "nah they look fine on you. Wear them things".

This site is about bodies. What are you getting fit by exercising and losing weight/gaining muscle? Is that for your brain? Or.....
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well you can lie and try to pretend you don't dress to feel and look good. But I saw your pictures (and think you look and dress very pretty) and i doubt you dress for only yourself.

The only thing I was comparing opinions to were other opinions. If someone asked if these jeans look terrible on me, would you respond with "your jeans aren't public property"? If you would, I'd hate to be your friend. Normal people.would respond with "nah they look fine on you. Wear them things".

This site is about bodies. What are you getting fit by exercising and losing weight/gaining muscle? Is that for your brain? Or.....

You appear to be one of those people who assume that the opposite sex should be flattered if you should them attention. Let me assure you that you are grossly mistaken if you think I am also one.

There is some much wrong with everything you are saying that there really is no point in continuing this conversation.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Just because you doubt it doesn't mean it's true. I've never known her to dress a certain way because she wants public attention or comment (especially from random internet strangers - and yes, I do happen to know her - she's my wife). She most certainly is not lying, and for you to presume that she is just so it fits into your narrow-minded view of the world does wonders in validating the silliness of your original argument.

Also, exercise and physical fitness actually do have a favorable impact on the brain. Feel free to read about it - https://softchalkcloud.com/lesson/files/H1a0Mp8O5SCTrQ/Exercise_and_the_Brain.pdf
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Ok, has everybody not realized yet, that some people like to say things to tick people off, and get them in an argument with them? It's like throwing bait out there. If you see something that you don't agree with, just keep scrolling. Why argue and get frustrated? It's not worth the drama. I don't feel like I'm anyone's public property, and whether we admit it or not, we all care about other people's opinions to some point, or we'd probably all walk around in our pajamas all day, and not bother ever getting dressed up, or looking nice. Not saying I never dress up for myself, cuz I do, but let's be real here. Anyway, shouldn't even be a discussion. No need for an argument. Let's all just play nice like good boys n girls. Lolol.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that everybody should do whatever the hell they want to do without caring what other people think about it. Thick, muscled, skinny, skinny-fat, curvy, soft, hard, toned.......I don't give a ####. I really don't. For starters, a woman (or man) is more than just a compilation of physical traits. For enders, who gives a ####? Even if I don't like a particular look on a woman, who the #### am I?

Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind someone else posts this same exact thread 72 hours from now.

I think you need a hug.

Or a beer. :drinker:

Well said, DavPul
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    My post wasn't to argue that womens, or to be non sexist- men and women's body are public property. I don't even get how that got brought up, and that was my point.

You wear attractive clothing because why? You want to look pretty and express yourself right? If OP had asked everyone's opinions on a red blouse would we be whining that clothing isn't public property? Doesn't make sense.

This is a site about bodies...No matter how you wanna cut it. So why be bitter about a simple comforting opinion? Which is all OP wanted.

Um, it got brought up because somebody is saying things like "You wear attractive clothing because why? You want to look pretty and express yourself right?" (which to address directly, no -- I don't dress to be pretty) then going on to comparing women -- you know people--- to red blouses. Quite an amazing display.

This site is about fitness, not bodies.

And yes, OP asked what everyone thought of women and muscles, my opinion is that women aren't public property. Meaning that opinions about women and muscles should be limited to women talking about their own muscles, which a lot of amazing women have done. Kudos to them.

:huh:
  • Guillotined
    Options
    Ok, has everybody not realized yet, that some people like to say things to tick people off, and get them in an argument with them? It's like throwing bait out there. If you see something that you don't agree with, just keep scrolling. Why argue and get frustrated? It's not worth the drama. I don't feel like I'm anyone's public property, and whether we admit it or not, we all care about other people's opinions to some point, or we'd probably all walk around in our pajamas all day, and not bother ever getting dressed up, or looking nice. Not saying I never dress up for myself, cuz I do, but let's be real here. Anyway, shouldn't even be a discussion. No need for an argument. Let's all just play nice like good boys n girls. Lolol.

:blushing: lol
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I think muscles are sexy, therefore I feel I look sexy with muscles..

don't worry what everyone else thinks... you're the one that has to look at the reflection in the mirror and Like it.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I think women with a decent amount of muscle strength have a far greater chance of staying mobile for a very long time due to decreased risk of osteoporosis, resultant falls and broken bones.

But who cares about that, because of course muscles are strictly for looks and/or sexual attraction, right? Not that they actually serve a functional purpose and that strengthening them provides us ladies with massive health benefits and helps preserve our mobility and independence down the road ...

facepalm1.jpg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

don't worry what everyone else thinks... you're the one that has to like the reflection in the mirror and Like it.

:drinker: A million times over.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Options
    Aw, she's upset and you're in to save her. Sweet.

So to reply to you...

That's why I said doubt, to begin with. Didn't say I guarantee. I can link you definitions of those two words if you'd like? To continue... I don't give a **** what you think of her. If she was dressing for the original purpose of clothing, which was to cover and protect, then why dress in flashy, thin, colorful, small clothes? Go ahead and answer that for me. Because then I want you to keep your fingers busy while you research what mountain hikers and survivalists wear. Quite different?

And to your last idiotic comment. Physical fitness also has a "favorable impact" on physical attraction. Need me to link some of that to you? Just keep your white-knighting to yourself and stop trying to argue. You sound desperate.

Go ahead and link. Keep your fingers busy. And to answer your question, she wears those things because she wants to - many of those pictures were taken in warm climates, where it makes sense to dress that way. It's not that hard to figure out.
  • Guillotined
    Options

So to reply to you...

That's why I said doubt, to begin with. Didn't say I guarantee. I can link you definitions of those two words if you'd like? To continue... I don't give a **** what you think of her. If she was dressing for the original purpose of clothing, which was to cover and protect, then why dress in flashy, thin, colorful, small clothes? Go ahead and answer that for me. Because then I want you to keep your fingers busy while you research what mountain hikers and survivalists wear. Quite different?

And to your last idiotic comment. Physical fitness also has a "favorable impact" on physical attraction. Need me to link some of that to you? Just keep your white-knighting to yourself and stop trying to argue. You sound desperate.

Go ahead and link. Keep your fingers busy. And to answer your question, she wears those things because she wants to - many of those pictures were taken in warm climates, where it makes sense to dress that way. It's not that hard to figure out.

Just go to bed lol.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    My post wasn't to argue that womens, or to be non sexist- men and women's body are public property. I don't even get how that got brought up, and that was my point.

You wear attractive clothing because why? You want to look pretty and express yourself right? If OP had asked everyone's opinions on a red blouse would we be whining that clothing isn't public property? Doesn't make sense.

This is a site about bodies...No matter how you wanna cut it. So why be bitter about a simple comforting opinion? Which is all OP wanted.

Um, it got brought up because somebody is saying things like "You wear attractive clothing because why? You want to look pretty and express yourself right?" (which to address directly, no -- I don't dress to be pretty) then going on to comparing women -- you know people--- to red blouses. Quite an amazing display.

And yes, OP asked what everyone thought of women and muscles, my opinion is that women aren't public property. Meaning that opinions about women and muscles should be limited to women talking about their own muscles, which a lot of amazing women have done. Kudos to them.

I'm with this lady.

don't worry what everyone else thinks... you're the one that has to like the reflection in the mirror and Like it.

And this one (I wish!).

Seriously though, Kara's got it right. You, and your husband are who matter here :).

Because you asked though...I'll give out my opinion. I like muscle on women...I also like a thin layer of bodyfat over it to smooth the rough edges the slightest bit. A little more or less of either is more than ok. The muscle itself is rarely the issue though when it comes to people's opinions on muscular women, it's how much bodyfat they carry over it. Google Tianna Ta...or better yet, I'll post some pictures.

During competition:
    draft_lens17300951module145890571photo_1294605513Tianna_Ta.jpg

During the off season:
    tianna_ta.jpg

The muscle underneath is exactly the same (trust me, that woman wouldn't let one ounce slip...it's too hard for women to build it back up!!), the only difference is the fat over the top of it.

Good luck with your goals!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Options

So to reply to you...

Just go to bed lol.

Also, I wouldn't be "White Knighting" her if you hadn't taken the liberty to send her a crude PM.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    the boyfriend loves my muscles!!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

I'm with this lady.

Glad I'm not the only one scratching my head over that post :flowerforyou:
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    the boyfriend loves my muscles!!!

My husband too.. he is pretty much happy no matter how I look. True love :love:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

I just assume when I look at your profile photo you are intending to displaying your physical strength not just your rear end. A lot people here actually are concerned with the health benefits of fitness over looking a particular way (and for reasons like others saying they are hot). That's pretty much it.
  • Guillotined
    Options
    Also, I wouldn't be "White Knighting" her if you hadn't taken the liberty to send her a crude PM.

Lol "crude"? Crude is saying sorry and have a good night? Man...You poor, poor thing..