Women and muscle. What is your opinion?

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    My post wasn't to argue that womens, or to be non sexist- men and women's body are public property. I don't even get how that got brought up, and that was my point.

You wear attractive clothing because why? You want to look pretty and express yourself right? If OP had asked everyone's opinions on a red blouse would we be whining that clothing isn't public property? Doesn't make sense.

This is a site about bodies...No matter how you wanna cut it. So why be bitter about a simple comforting opinion? Which is all OP wanted.

Um, it got brought up because somebody is saying things like "You wear attractive clothing because why? You want to look pretty and express yourself right?" (which to address directly, no -- I don't dress to be pretty) then going on to comparing women -- you know people--- to red blouses. Quite an amazing display.

This site is about fitness, not bodies.

And yes, OP asked what everyone thought of women and muscles, my opinion is that women aren't public property. Meaning that opinions about women and muscles should be limited to women talking about their own muscles, which a lot of amazing women have done. Kudos to them.

:huh:

I'm with this lady.

Glad I'm not the only one scratching my head over that post :flowerforyou:

I did clarify what I meant by that -- what I was responding to was that notion put forth that this site is about bodies -- that's not really true, for a lot of people its actually achieving a level of fitness/health and not a particular body type. I am not saying there is anything wrong with wanting a certain body type for yourself -- of course that's apart of this site too, but to say "this site is about bodies" is kind of dehumanizing. Like you know, trying to say asking for opinions on women's bodies is the same as asking for opinions of clothing.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Also, I wouldn't be "White Knighting" her if you hadn't taken the liberty to send her a crude PM.

Lol "crude"? Crude is saying sorry and have a good night? Man...You poor, poor thing..

Crude is repeatedly commenting on somebody's physical appearance when they've indicated it's sincerely not appreciated. I don't know if you are trolling or really don't get it, but whatever your deal is it's disturbing.
  • Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I guess we all have differing opinions about the purpose of this site.. I don't see anything wrong with saying that this site is about bodies.. to be quite frank, it is. I also don't understand why there had to be arguing as if one of the posters were being sexist or something.. Most women here have come here because they want to look and feel good, whether that be fitting into hot clothes (for themselves or others) or improving overall health.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    the boyfriend loves my muscles!!!

My husband too.. he is pretty much happy no matter how I look. True love :love:

my bf feels the same way. i love him with all my heart. :heart: :heart:
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I swear, it's really ridiculous, that nobody on any of these threads can ever post anything without there being an argument, or someone attacking another person. It's crazy! People have GOT to grow up already!!!! Just let it drop, and move on folks! We're not 2yo here! I just put mine to bed! Lol.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I guess we all have differing opinions about the purpose of this site.. I don't see anything wrong with saying that this site is about bodies.. to be quite frank, it is. I also don't understand why there had to be arguing as if one of the posters were being sexist or something.. Most women here have come here because they want to look and feel good, whether that be fitting into hot clothes (for themselves or others) or improving overall health.

The argument occurred because the person I was responding to made unwanted comments about my physical appearance and assumptions about my personal motivations for matter of dress.
  • Guillotined
    Options
    I swear, it's really ridiculous, that nobody on any of these threads can ever post anything without there being an argument, or someone attacking another person. It's crazy! People have GOT to grow up already!!!! Just let it drop, and move on folks! We're not 2yo here! I just put mine to bed! Lol.

Ugh, put me to bed too then. Damn cake.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i like lean muscle on me. i dont want to be bulky, just really tone n physically fit
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    I think muscles are sexy, therefore I feel I look sexy with muscles..

don't worry what everyone else thinks... you're the one that has to like the reflection in the mirror and Like it.

And this one (I wish!).

Seriously though, Kara's got it right. You, and your husband are who matter here :).

Because you asked though...I'll give out my opinion. I like muscle on women...I also like a thin layer of bodyfat over it to smooth the rough edges the slightest bit. A little more or less of either is more than ok. The muscle itself is rarely the issue though when it comes to people's opinions on muscular women, it's how much bodyfat they carry over it. Google Tianna Ta...or better yet, I'll post some pictures.

During competition:
    draft_lens17300951module145890571photo_1294605513Tianna_Ta.jpg

During the off season:
    tianna_ta.jpg

The muscle underneath is exactly the same (trust me, that woman wouldn't let one ounce slip...it's too hard for women to build it back up!!), the only difference is the fat over the top of it.

Good luck with your goals!
    [/quote]

Thank you! This chick is hawt!!!! And I could possibly look "bulky" because I do still have some excess fat, but I'm working on it. IDK if that's why my friend thinks I look bulky, or not. I definately look better than I did when I started this journey!!! My arms were probably twice the size they are now, only difference is that before, it was all flab, and now it's less flab, and some muscle, and still overall, MUCH smaller. Lol. My waist is also much smaller, even though there is some muscle under there, somewhere, under that stubborn layer of fat! :D I think my before pics are viewable btw.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

The argument occurred because the person I was responding to made unwanted comments about my physical appearance and assumptions about my personal motivations for matter of dress.

I read the thread more times than I really needed to just to verify this.. You just kinda come across like you're on edge or something.

It's just an assumption, move forward.. had you left it alone, you probably wouldn't have received an unwanted PM.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:

It's funny.. majority of us are adults here yet many can never seem to find the Report Post link when offended by something. Instead, arguments go on for pages and it almost always turns out to be a misunderstanding or miscommunication of some kind.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    muscles are healthy!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

:heart: love:heart:
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I thought seeing women with visible muscle was ... gross but as I have gotten older and started working out I LOVE seeing my muscles getting bigger and my hubby loves it as well, just the other night we were .... having fun time :wink: and when we were :blushing: .... finished he said I can tell you've been working hard, and I asked how, and he said the muscles in your stomach and hips and starting to show, its hot. I was like Helllz yeah!!
  • Guillotined
    Options

Thank you! This chick is hawt!!!! And I could possibly look "bulky" because I do still have some excess fat, but I'm working on it. IDK if that's why my friend thinks I look bulky, or not. I definately look better than I did when I started this journey!!! My arms were probably twice the size they are now, only difference is that before, it was all flab, and now it's less flab, and some muscle, and still overall, MUCH smaller. Lol. My waist is also much smaller, even though there is some muscle under there, somewhere, under that stubborn layer of fat! :D I think my before pics are viewable btw.

Your before and afters are great! You look good. Was gonna say, from personal experience, when I was overweight, my body had to build extra muscle to sling that fat around. So I got a jump start on building muscle. :devil: seeing girls throwing some weights around in the gym is hot too.
  • NRSPAM
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:

It's funny.. majority of us are adults here yet many can never seem to find the Report Post link when offended by something. Instead, arguments go on for pages and it almost always turns out to be a misunderstanding or miscommunication of some kind.

For real!!! Lol. These folks here argue more than my 3 boys do! I think someone needs a time out! Or a nap!:laugh: Or possibly a cookie, in this case! Lolol
  • NRSPAM
    Options

Your before and afters are great! You look good. Was gonna say, from personal experience, when I was overweight, my body had to build extra muscle to sling that fat around. So I got a jump start on building muscle. :devil: seeing girls throwing some weights around in the gym is hot too.

Thank you! :happy: And I def agree. I saw a lady at the gym last week that was just in the most awesome shape, and lifting way heavier than I could at this point. She was totally hot! I was very envious!
  • Guillotined
    Options
    :glasses: what type of cookie?
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    A "Get real" cookie... it's bitter but gives you a good dose of reality
  • Guillotined
    Options
    A "Get real" cookie... it's bitter but gives you a good dose of reality