What secretly annoys you, but shouldn't?

Options

Replies

• Lola_Rogers
    Lola_Rogers Posts: 107
    Options
    it annoys the s**t out of me when someone holds the door for you when you're 20 feet away so you're forced into a weird walk/run. Jeez! just freaking let the door close already!
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Slow walkers...it's just....ain't nobody got time for that.
    These people never move out your way either.
    They're just there with their inability to not waste my time.

Also, when I get so excited or nervous and suddenly can't speak English.
    Plus the inexcusable number of "likes" I utter on a daily basis.

The worst though, is like, when someone makes something especially for me and I've told them I'm counting calories.
  • WendySPWarren
    WendySPWarren Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    .- people who, despite some serious health issues, do not change their lifestyle. It's not that it makes me angry, but I do seriously worry about friends/family who are young but are in and out of hospital due to weight-related conditions.
    - people who have weight-related conditions, but say its due to 'genetics'. Again, this isn't something that makes me angry, rather I just worry myself sick on behalf of friends/family in these situations. :( I really get seriously upset and worried about my older sisters health, but she's probably the smartest person I know, so she is well aware of her weight. Any time anyone brings it up, they are just insulting her intelligence and making her feel bad.its really hard for her, and I have no idea how I can help her. I don't want to lose my sister early in life

On to things that actually bother me:
    - nudity in the changing rooms. It's not nessisary. I'm comfortable with my body, but when I need to change I do it in the rooms, out of respect for those who might not be comfortable with theirs. It's pretty simple etiquette.
    - girls who have naturally giant boobs, even when they are fit. I just.... Arg.. So jealous!
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Men in fancy business suits on bicycles

with silly helmets (not the regular, safety ones, but the ones with the goofy designs on them!) WTH?!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    If I told you then it wouldn't be a secret, would it?

I was going to say this.

But since I'm here:

Threads about things that annoy people.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    People who dawdle around in a supermarket, go zero mph and generally get in my way.

Don't you know what you want to buy. Don't you know where it is?

I want to punch you in the back of the head to get you moving, you slow muthaf*ckas.....

Get your *kitten* into the trolley and get to the checkout........ or get out of my way!

I feel much better now..... Thanks!
  • biddy81
    biddy81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ooo! The way Kroger has just changed of the layout of the whole freakin' store so there's no logic to it! It's shampoo, food, bathroom stuff (toilet paper, tissue...), food, cleaning products, dog food and toys, bread and health food! WTF?? And all the canned goods are spread out across like 25 different places! PUT ALL THE *&$% CANNED GOODS TOGETHER!!! AAGH! I'm fine. I just... used to know where everything was, so I could look at my list and work my way through the store in a logical manner. Now I wander all over the place back and forth and back and forth LOOKING for things that SHOULD be one place but are somewhere TOTALLY different. *sob*
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Another one...When I unfortunately have to go to Wal-Mart and people let their kids roam and play all in the aisles, and run you over with buggies. We even bet how many times we'll have to ask someone to tell their kids to move out of the way, or how many times we'll get run over by a buggy by the time we can get our stuff and get to the checkout.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    People who have the same statistics as me but have a more muscular stomach. When they do no exercise!! Grrr!
    It's ok, I will just work a little harder to get there :)
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ooo! The way Kroger has just changed of the layout of the whole freakin' store so there's no logic to it! It's shampoo, food, bathroom stuff (toilet paper, tissue...), food, cleaning products, dog food and toys, bread and health food! WTF?? And all the canned goods are spread out across like 25 different places! PUT ALL THE *&$% CANNED GOODS TOGETHER!!! AAGH! I'm fine. I just... used to know where everything was, so I could look at my list and work my way through the store in a logical manner. Now I wander all over the place back and forth and back and forth LOOKING for things that SHOULD be one place but are somewhere TOTALLY different. *sob*

Our Kroger just changed its layout recently too and I was going nuts. It's a scam to get people lost so they stay in there longer and buy more stuff!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    it annoys the s**t out of me when someone holds the door for you when you're 20 feet away so you're forced into a weird walk/run. Jeez! just freaking let the door close already!

wow so much for hospitality..would you rather I slam it in your face?
  • biddy81
    Options

Our Kroger just changed its layout recently too and I was going nuts. It's a scam to get people lost so they stay in there longer and buy more stuff!

It just makes me angry, though! And then there are all the people blocking aisles with their carts or flying out of an aisle and almost hitting me when I'm walking the main run through the store. I KNOW there is no stop sign there, but there are always people proceeding down the main aisle way - at least slow down and LOOK! And I've become one of those that doesn't even ask other people to move their kids - if they're too out of touch to notice that their urchins are in everybody's way, I'm just going to say a very stern "EXCUSE ME!" to the child. Or sometimes I just loom over them and say, "Shouldn't you be closer to your mom...?" BWAHAHAHAAH I am an ogre to ill-behaved spawn...
  • biddy81
    Options

wow so much for hospitality..would you rather I slam it in your face?

No, I get what they're saying... if you're WAY back, holding the door is a nice gesture, but a tad excessive at that point. I understand the person who's holding the door, too, though, because you don't want to be rude. There's that debate, "Are they too far away? Will it seem lame if I let it close? WHAT DO I DO???"
    I've also had plenty of people let the door close RIGHT in my face when my hands are full. I tend to wrestle open the door and thank them (or really, their backs) for their courtesy.
  • hjpate
    hjpate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lose/loose - that's a common error. And the other spelling/grammar items mentioned earlier annoy me as well.

"I plan to lose weight so my clothes will be loose in fit." Correct usage!

However, English is a tricky language. In what other language can you say the following and actually make sense?

"She pares two pairs of pears."
  • biddy81
    Options
    I agree!

"I plan to lose weight so my clothes will be loose in fit."

And the other spelling/grammar items mentioned earlier.

However, English is a tricky language. In what other langue can you say the following and actually make sense?

"She pares two pairs of pears."

:drinker:
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    People who do not use their turn signal or wait until the last moment to turn it on!
  • EleneSaM
    EleneSaM Posts: 45
    Options
    When Americans refer to me as "European" as it was a nationality. It´s not!!! I´m Swedish!.

I hope you realize the irony of your statement. Do you mean North Americans? South Americans? Canadians? Central Americans? "America" covers the United States, Canada, and far beyond. :laugh:

No America does NOT cover Canada, North America does, but I would be seriously ticked off as a Canadian if someone called me an American.

I totally understand you. The few Canadians I've met have never used the term "European" to describe my nationality. "American" is the proper word to refer to a citizen of the United States of America. But it seems like not all Americans understand that... :laugh:
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Women crying annoys me to no end
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Poor grammar, punctuation, and spelling in posts. Petty, I know. I huge paragraph sized run on sentence makes me crazy. :noway:
  • MY HUSBAND! HE'S ANNOYING THE CRAP OUT OF ME TODAY