The udder truth

Options

Replies

• MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Generally these kinds of things are based on correlation between dairy products and different illnesses. Correlation is not causality, chances are it dosn't matter and even if it does the likelihood of dairy products making an impact is minimal.
    Why don't you and your rationality go home now! Geez, why try to bring any type of intelligent thought into this "discussion"?
    :bigsmile:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    guys we still need like 40 more posts to roll.

00TooSexyForYourOatmeal.jpg

discuss
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options

discuss

Depends... who's holding the oatmeal?!
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the information! I think it's really sad that someone can't state their opinions without being attacked on here. But I hope you know the ones who get so upset and think that their opinions are more valuable then yours are more than likely the unhappiest and most uneducated of us all. Thats what I remind myself whenever I see such bitter people getting so angry on here anyway :wink:
    I myself am trying to get off the dairy train......my aunt and uncle who have been farmers all of their lives hate to hear it. But for the most part this is proven for MY BODY- I feel better and my skin and hair looks better when I don't have much dairy.
    Thanks again for your input ! :flowerforyou:
    We ARE after all one of the only mammals that drink another animals milk into adulthood. Most animals STOP after infancy and you don't really see an adult elephant drinking from an adult giraffes breast. Just saying :drinker:

sorry, but the rest of us have a right to call BS whenever we want...

So you are saying that when someone posts what others think is garbage that it should not be refuted? interesting notion...

No, no I'm not saying that. I'm saying that people don't have to be MEAN. Whats the point? I'm pretty sure that if she posted it- she believes it to be true. I don't agree with a lot of things that people post- but I don't start arguing with them , I may state my opinion, nicely and then move onto a Topic that I agree with. I don't have to get people laughs and giggles while making someone else feel bad for posting what they believe to be fact.
    Ironic post is ironic!

IDK idiocy is idiocy ...and I feel a need to call it out..

Hey, I can "believe" that watering plants with electrolytes will make them grow...but i don't have to start a thread on MFP about it now do I? And if I do I should be called out on it....

Tisk tisk :indifferent: I'm so hurt. That's not very nice of you because you seem so smart and knowledgable. I would love to have you support me and not call out my "idiocy"

But ABBBBBBBSOLUTELY post away about your electrolytes that make plants grow. And it seems like you CAN start a post about it if you would like to. I'm sure there will be some really nice people who will disagree with your plant theory. I probably would. But chances are if I don't agree with it- I will just move on to a Topic that I do agree with. :smile:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I agree with you whole heartily, since I am a vegan! Ever since I have been off of dairy my skin has cleared and feel better in general. I have also had dairy sensitivity all my life and when I gave it up I saw how extreme my sensitivity was. Dairy products are really unneeded in my opinion and also harm animals in the process. Stay healthy :flowerforyou:

Could your acne clearing up also be an effect of .. oh, I dont know .. you're 19, so .. the end of puberty?
  • CoachReddy
    Options

discuss

i think ndj's got it right now... but he's busy...
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I agree with you whole heartily, since I am a vegan! Ever since I have been off of dairy my skin has cleared and feel better in general. I have also had dairy sensitivity all my life and when I gave it up I saw how extreme my sensitivity was. Dairy products are really unneeded in my opinion and also harm animals in the process. Stay healthy :flowerforyou:

you think milking all animals is harmful or just the large corporate farms? My girls (the goats) call to us to be milked. Their udders get very full and hurt if they are not milked on time. As a human milk machine (I have 8 children that I have breastfed) I know the same was true for me.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ok, modified from another member's input.

How's this one?

tinhatchick.jpg
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options

i think ndj's got it right now... but he's busy...

I'll let you hold my oatmeal... if you know what I mean...

No.. seriously. The bowl is hot.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

How's this one?

tin%20hat%20chick.jpg

LOOK AT THOSE BOOBIES!
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

How's this one?

tin%20hat%20chick.jpg
    ... lacking proper img tags and late to the party.

=)

... don't hit me.

tin%20hat%20chick.jpg
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options

you think milking all animals is harmful or just the large corporate farms? My girls (the goats) call to us to be milked. Their udders get very full and hurt if they are not milked on time. As a human milk machine (I have 8 children that I have breastfed) I know the same was true for me.

I just have problems with big corporate farms, I have no problems with small family farms since I find they treat their animals much more humanly than the corporate farms (space, medical problems, etc.) But in the end it is a personally choice and don't judge anyone if they consume animal products or not, since I don't want people judging me. I do understand people's love of dairy, I am the granddaughter of a former dairy farmer! (70+ years; now raises beef)
  • MeMyCatsandI
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the information! I think it's really sad that someone can't state their opinions without being attacked on here. But I hope you know the ones who get so upset and think that their opinions are more valuable then yours are more than likely the unhappiest and most uneducated of us all. Thats what I remind myself whenever I see such bitter people getting so angry on here anyway :wink:
    I myself am trying to get off the dairy train......my aunt and uncle who have been farmers all of their lives hate to hear it. But for the most part this is proven for MY BODY- I feel better and my skin and hair looks better when I don't have much dairy.
    Thanks again for your input ! :flowerforyou:
    We ARE after all one of the only mammals that drink another animals milk into adulthood. Most animals STOP after infancy and you don't really see an adult elephant drinking from an adult giraffes breast. Just saying :drinker:

sorry, but the rest of us have a right to call BS whenever we want...

So you are saying that when someone posts what others think is garbage that it should not be refuted? interesting notion...

No, no I'm not saying that. I'm saying that people don't have to be MEAN. Whats the point? I'm pretty sure that if she posted it- she believes it to be true. I don't agree with a lot of things that people post- but I don't start arguing with them , I may state my opinion, nicely and then move onto a Topic that I agree with. I don't have to get people laughs and giggles while making someone else feel bad for posting what they believe to be fact.
    Ironic post is ironic!

IDK idiocy is idiocy ...and I feel a need to call it out..

Hey, I can "believe" that watering plants with electrolytes will make them grow...but i don't have to start a thread on MFP about it now do I? And if I do I should be called out on it....
    I wasn't talking to you, evidenced by the fact that the quote I quoted did not eminate from you. :smokin:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Eating unfertilized eggs is cruel too, according to some people. Don't bother with logic or reason.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

discuss

and now we know why the Quaker man smiles so much!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    So you admit you have a dairy sensitivity; then suggest then from that agree that everyone else shouldn't have them?
    Should someone with a peanut allergy go around telling everyone how bad peanuts are?

I'm intolerant to Casein, but I still recommend others to consume it as I recognise it's an issue with my physiology.
  • ArtGeek22
    Options

Could your acne clearing up also be an effect of .. oh, I dont know .. you're 19, so .. the end of puberty?

Haha, nope, I think I finished that a while ago :tongue:

*Note: Might have miss recalled something my doctor said. Had hormonal problems as a small child.
  • ArtGeek22
    Options

Eating unfertilized eggs is cruel too, according to some people. Don't bother with logic or reason.

Trust me, I am a very raitional person. I understand the dairy/meat industry plays an important role in the economy, in our culture, and can supply important nutrition for people who don't have ready access to fresh produce. Please don't make generalizations about me because of my eating choices :smile:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
  • MeMyCatsandI
    Options

No. You didn't.
    From Planned Parenthood:
    "When does puberty stop?
    It can take up to 20 years of age for all the changes that happen during puberty to take place.

Puberty doesn't happen all at once — it happens in stages. So a girl may show some signs of puberty at an early age (like breasts beginning to grow), but may not show other signs of puberty until she is much older (like getting a period)."