The udder truth

Options

Replies

• llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the information! I think it's really sad that someone can't state their opinions without being attacked on here. But I hope you know the ones who get so upset and think that their opinions are more valuable then yours are more than likely the unhappiest and most uneducated of us all. Thats what I remind myself whenever I see such bitter people getting so angry on here anyway :wink:
    I myself am trying to get off the dairy train......my aunt and uncle who have been farmers all of their lives hate to hear it. But for the most part this is proven for MY BODY- I feel better and my skin and hair looks better when I don't have much dairy.
    Thanks again for your input ! :flowerforyou:
    We ARE after all one of the only mammals that drink another animals milk into adulthood. Most animals STOP after infancy and you don't really see an adult elephant drinking from an adult giraffes breast. Just saying :drinker:

sorry, but the rest of us have a right to call BS whenever we want...

So you are saying that when someone posts what others think is garbage that it should not be refuted? interesting notion...

No, no I'm not saying that. I'm saying that people don't have to be MEAN. Whats the point? I'm pretty sure that if she posted it- she believes it to be true. I don't agree with a lot of things that people post- but I don't start arguing with them , I may state my opinion, nicely and then move onto a Topic that I agree with. I don't have to get people laughs and giggles while making someone else feel bad for posting what they believe to be fact.

You have made a fraudulent statement. " but I don't start arguing with them , I may state my opinion, nicely and then move onto a Topic that I agree with."

And yet .. you're still here. It's irresponsible to refuse to argue with people you believe are spreading disinformation.

But honey I'm only still here to answer questions I've been asked. I am not arguing and being mean at all. I'm merely responding to questions I've been asked, Should I not?:frown:
    This OP made it very clear that she believes this to be facts- others have said differently. In MY OPINION it's irresponsible to be childish and mean to someone who doesn't think or have the same beliefs that way you do. There is nothing that you are going to tell me or show me that is going to change my mind. So now what? Are you going to get mad and argue with me until I believe you and start drinking more milk and eating more ice cream?
    Pointless. In my OPINION. :wink:

hey pumpkin - if it is pointless why are you still here?

Because Stud muffin, I'm being asked questions. It's just my manners to respond to questions I've been asked. Is it your opinion that I just stop answering questions that are being asked of me?
    I'm also in the need to kill some time and I enjoy standing up for myself. AND MY OPINIONS. :bigsmile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    lol who caresssssssss Milk is not good for you point blank i argue this fact with my mom almost everyday i dont want my daughter drinking Lactaid! Which is proven causes Cancer. These are not opinions these are proven facts that you can GOOGLE! try it google is FREEE! so many alternatives to soy and lactaid products. once in a while its ok but all the time no. Dont blast someone for trying to help people and giving them some knowledge on something that is proven. Take what you want from the information. Its a personal choice not to drink milk or have dairy as it is to become a vegan or not consume red meat. DAMNNN

Sources please
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I make my milk from oats. It's quick, easy, and cheap. Sho cheep!

How do you make milk from Oats?

^ you milk them! You can milk anything with nipples :flowerforyou:

Honey... those aren't oats...

^ it was an attempted joke, sorry it did not get through :happy: I am all hopped up on dairy over here :drinker:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

^ it was an attempted joke, sorry it did not get through :happy: I am all hopped up on dairy over here :drinker:

:laugh: It was funny. My joke may have been a little obtuse. In fact it's probably better that you didn't get it!
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    lol who caresssssssss Milk is not good for you point blank i argue this fact with my mom almost everyday i dont want my daughter drinking Lactaid! Which is proven causes Cancer. These are not opinions these are proven facts that you can GOOGLE! try it google is FREEE! so many alternatives to soy and lactaid products. once in a while its ok but all the time no. Dont blast someone for trying to help people and giving them some knowledge on something that is proven. Take what you want from the information. Its a personal choice not to drink milk or have dairy as it is to become a vegan or not consume red meat. DAMNNN

Sources please
    LOL. Zealots don't need sources, dontcha know?
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I completely understand people's defensive reaction to this post, but please do the research. The milk industry spends hundreds of millions of dollars just in advertisement. They have programed people to think that dairy is needed, but ask someone that's Lacto-Intolerant, you can very easily get calcium from other means. Actually, there is a correlation between countries with high dairy intake and osteoporosis. This is because calcium from dairy does not get absorbed by the body in the same way as calcium from say broccoli.
    I am not telling people NOT to consume dairy, I am merely pointing our that if you have certain conditions, you might want to think about the amount of dairy you consume. Do an experiment- try cutting it down (out) for a week, see how you feel. If you feel better, great! If not, go back to dairy.
    I am not dogmatic, I just want to spread the knowledge that has been passed onto me, and has made such a difference in my health and quality of life.
    That is not what you said in your OP. You just stated "milk is linked to causing these illness" and then proceeded to list almost every ailment known to God and man.

Never once did you mention lacto intolerance.

Your original post is scaremongering at its best.

agree. We raise dairy goats. Our goats are never given chemicals in their feed and are not vaccinated (we use natural wormers and such but no chemicals). My children are much healthier than their counterparts. Not all dairy is the same.
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options

:laugh: It was funny. My joke may have been a little obtuse. In fact it's probably better that you didn't get it!

Now you got me curious! :blushing:
  • andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    One should be more afraid of water, too much can kill you...

heard of water intoxication before as well lol

Dang I am sticking with MILK, would rather have acne than die any day of the week. Also I see all the raw sewage that used to get dumped into Lake Michigan and diapers washing up onto beach and the smell sometimes. Some hormones and antibiotics don't seem so bad then.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Right. Google "the earth is flat" there are proofs of that as well. Here's an idea. Eat and drink what you want. Don't come on a fitness website and state "This food is bad" and not be able to scientifically prove it. . . and expect everyone to say, "Oh, wow. Thanks."

It will never happen. Any ridiculous claims will be countered with sanity.

this is how dumbed down this country has become..oh just google it and you will get the right answer...suuuuureeeeeee You can google anything and find the answer that YOU want...which does not mean that it is correct, it just means that you found some crackpot website that agrees with you.

tumblr_inline_mipoc8lBZ31qz4rgp.png
    267210_460s.jpg

Aliens1_zps4ccfbfc8.jpg
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm calling bull on this. Sorry lady but I went YEARS without having any dairy and felt like complete crap. I was told I was lactose intolerance (they were clearly wrong, I know that now.) Once I started eating cheese and drinking milk I felt 10 billion times better.

Have fun not eating dairy.. I really don't care what you say, I know how my body feels. Those years without dairy products were the WORST.

This actually makes NO SENSE what so ever Dairy did not make you feel better maybe some nutrients that can also be found in dairy made you feel better but not the Dairy How is it bull?! GOOGLE it see for your self.

Did you not just say some of the things in dairy could have made me feel better? :grumble:

I don't really care what you have to say, it was clearly what I was missing from my diet. You are one of the people that is "DAIRY IS BAD"... go ahead go without dairy but it is something I need in my diet.

lol like i said you make no sense you can go with out dairy you just simply choose not to! i can go with out tea i just simply choose not to and if i decide to stop drinking it will feel ****ty but thats not because I NEED it

You do know I'm saying dairy, not just milk.

I went years with any dairy products, my doctors never explained to me how to eat without dairy so I ended up missing out on a lot of nutrition I needed. That is why I felt bad.

As soon as I started adding dairy products back into my diet I started to feel better. I KNOW you can go without dairy, but I didn't do so well without it.

So to keep telling me I make no sense is kinda pointless, huh?

wait wait wait - so that's PROOF that the lack of dairy wasn't the cause of your feeling bad - it was the lack of NUTRIENTS!

like I said - correlation =/= causation

you could be perfectly fine and healthy without dairy had you known how to eat properly

You are right, I wasn't saying that people need dairy. I never said that. I said I FEEL BETTER WHEN EATING DAIRY. So whatever "proof" the OP has is not going to effect the way I eat.

fair.

but you also have nothing to compare it against, because you have no idea how you'd feel if you ditched the dairy and ate properly at the same time.

odds are, you're fine, and dairy hasn't and isn't causing you any problems if you live in the US or Europe, but personally I cut out almost all dairy and have been that way for a year and a half and love it.

Still do parmeggiano reggiano because it's lactose free and kefir which is 99% lactose free. I'm also a singer so I have extra need for my respiratory system to be mucus-free.

whatever works for you

Right whatever works for you, I just find the OP to be a bit off. Everyone is different and likes different things for their diet. I just don't think dairy is SO bad for you that its going to cause stuff on her list.. or cancer for that matter.
  • SaberXIII
    Options
    Generally these kinds of things are based on correlation between dairy products and different illnesses. Correlation is not causality, chances are it dosn't matter and even if it does the likelihood of dairy products making an impact is minimal.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    This has probably already been said/posted...but I'm not willing to read all the posts to find out:

8092_502009286522801_1400079214_n_zps02d9bee8.jpg
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I completely understand people's defensive reaction to this post, but please do the research. The milk industry spends hundreds of millions of dollars just in advertisement. They have programed people to think that dairy is needed, but ask someone that's Lacto-Intolerant, you can very easily get calcium from other means. Actually, there is a correlation between countries with high dairy intake and osteoporosis. This is because calcium from dairy does not get absorbed by the body in the same way as calcium from say broccoli.
    I am not telling people NOT to consume dairy, I am merely pointing our that if you have certain conditions, you might want to think about the amount of dairy you consume. Do an experiment- try cutting it down (out) for a week, see how you feel. If you feel better, great! If not, go back to dairy.
    I am not dogmatic, I just want to spread the knowledge that has been passed onto me, and has made such a difference in my health and quality of life.
    That is not what you said in your OP. You just stated "milk is linked to causing these illness" and then proceeded to list almost every ailment known to God and man.

Never once did you mention lacto intolerance.

Your original post is scaremongering at its best.

agree. We raise dairy goats. Our goats are never given chemicals in their feed and are not vaccinated (we use natural wormers and such but no chemicals). My children are much healthier than their counterparts. Not all dairy is the same.

Not all dairy is the same- AGREE!
    but I'm talking about the non-organic cow dairy industry of this country
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options

but they sure do a body good.

You boys make me warm and fuzzy....

ON THE INSIDE... geez. Get your mind out of the gutter... :wink:
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Lolz op haha thanks for this
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    MILK IS FOR MAMMALS!!!!
    taq0qc.jpg
    6ib6v4.png
    9h1i12.png
    2yxpvtd.jpg
    2wd7nzp.jpg

PUPPIES AND KITTIES AND D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....

And tigers and skunks...OH MY! :tongue:

And piglets!

We are the only mammals that drink Milk after infancy thats a TRUE FACT

That is sooooo not a fact. Adult animals will drink milk if they can get access to it. The thing is that humans are the only ones who have figured out how to do it effectively.

But... a lion would still drink the milk of a nursing caribou, probably before it would eat the meat, if its managed to catch one... do you know why? Because milk as an easy source of protein that you don't have to chew!
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    This has probably already been said/posted...but I'm not willing to read all the posts to find out:

8092_502009286522801_1400079214_n_zps02d9bee8.jpg

Why?! Some of the stuff in there is hysterical... And there's a chick with a tin foil hat....IJS
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    [/b]
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    [/b]

You should have left your post... you were right!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I'm calling bull on this. Sorry lady but I went YEARS without having any dairy and felt like complete crap. I was told I was lactose intolerance (they were clearly wrong, I know that now.) Once I started eating cheese and drinking milk I felt 10 billion times better.

Have fun not eating dairy.. I really don't care what you say, I know how my body feels. Those years without dairy products were the WORST.

This actually makes NO SENSE what so ever Dairy did not make you feel better maybe some nutrients that can also be found in dairy made you feel better but not the Dairy How is it bull?! GOOGLE it see for your self.

Did you not just say some of the things in dairy could have made me feel better? :grumble:

I don't really care what you have to say, it was clearly what I was missing from my diet. You are one of the people that is "DAIRY IS BAD"... go ahead go without dairy but it is something I need in my diet.

lol like i said you make no sense you can go with out dairy you just simply choose not to! i can go with out tea i just simply choose not to and if i decide to stop drinking it will feel ****ty but thats not because I NEED it

You do know I'm saying dairy, not just milk.

I went years with any dairy products, my doctors never explained to me how to eat without dairy so I ended up missing out on a lot of nutrition I needed. That is why I felt bad.

As soon as I started adding dairy products back into my diet I started to feel better. I KNOW you can go without dairy, but I didn't do so well without it.

So to keep telling me I make no sense is kinda pointless, huh?

wait wait wait - so that's PROOF that the lack of dairy wasn't the cause of your feeling bad - it was the lack of NUTRIENTS!

like I said - correlation =/= causation

you could be perfectly fine and healthy without dairy had you known how to eat properly

You are right, I wasn't saying that people need dairy. I never said that. I said I FEEL BETTER WHEN EATING DAIRY. So whatever "proof" the OP has is not going to effect the way I eat.

fair.

but you also have nothing to compare it against, because you have no idea how you'd feel if you ditched the dairy and ate properly at the same time.

odds are, you're fine, and dairy hasn't and isn't causing you any problems if you live in the US or Europe, but personally I cut out almost all dairy and have been that way for a year and a half and love it.

Still do parmeggiano reggiano because it's lactose free and kefir which is 99% lactose free. I'm also a singer so I have extra need for my respiratory system to be mucus-free.

whatever works for you

Right whatever works for you, I just find the OP to be a bit off. Everyone is different and likes different things for their diet. I just don't think dairy is SO bad for you that its going to cause stuff on her list.. or cancer for that matter.

on its own you're absolutely right - dairy was never and will never be the one and only CAUSE of any disease not associated with being lactose intolerant.