The udder truth

Options

Replies

• albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Trust me, I am a very raitional person. I understand the dairy/meat industry plays an important role in the economy, in our culture, and can supply important nutrition for people who don't have ready access to fresh produce. Please don't make generalizations about me because of my eating choices :smile:
    My 2c worth: Take some supplemental B12 ... if you're eating a vegan diet you'll need it.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options

Haha, nope, I think I finished that a while ago :tongue:
    A male friend of mine only started to get chest hair in his 30s!
    Certainly known people that had acne well into their 20s, which then started to clear up by it's self.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I agree with you whole heartily, since I am a vegan! Ever since I have been off of dairy my skin has cleared and feel better in general. I have also had dairy sensitivity all my life and when I gave it up I saw how extreme my sensitivity was. Dairy products are really unneeded in my opinion and also harm animals in the process. Stay healthy :flowerforyou:
    So you admit you have a dairy sensitivity; then suggest then from that agree that everyone else shouldn't have them?
    Should someone with a peanut allergy go around telling everyone how bad peanuts are?

I'm intolerant to Casein, but I still recommend others to consume it as I recognise it's an issue with my physiology.

I am just throwing that out there, but again it is a person choice. I have different reason for being vegan (health/spiritual/ethical) and think that our bodies aren't really built to process animal products, but again I understand people like meat and dairy so I say eat what you want, none of my business. Just showing my support for the original OP :smile:
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I agree with you whole heartily, since I am a vegan! Ever since I have been off of dairy my skin has cleared and feel better in general. I have also had dairy sensitivity all my life and when I gave it up I saw how extreme my sensitivity was. Dairy products are really unneeded in my opinion and also harm animals in the process. Stay healthy :flowerforyou:

you think milking all animals is harmful or just the large corporate farms? My girls (the goats) call to us to be milked. Their udders get very full and hurt if they are not milked on time. As a human milk machine (I have 8 children that I have breastfed) I know the same was true for me.

I just have problems with big corporate farms, I have no problems with small family farms since I find they treat their animals much more humanly than the corporate farms (space, medical problems, etc.) But in the end it is a personally choice and don't judge anyone if they consume animal products or not, since I don't want people judging me. I do understand people's love of dairy, I am the granddaughter of a former dairy farmer! (70+ years; now raises beef)

not judging just clarifying wherein your problem with milking animals lied. I am not a fan of the corporate farms myself. They are a big reason we raise our own animals. You keep doing what works for you. Peace.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Getting ready for the roll...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Let me say that I've done the research and know that milk isn't a requirement in the diet. If people are thinking that the calcium in it makes your bones stronger, it's a myth. While you do need calcium to help build bones, to make them stronger, you need to stress them. Usually exercise is the way to achieve this.
    That said, there's NO WAY in hell I'm giving up ice cream, yogurt and cheese.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ArtGeek22
    Options

Could your acne clearing up also be an effect of .. oh, I dont know .. you're 19, so .. the end of puberty?

No. You didn't.
    From Planned Parenthood:
    "When does puberty stop?
    It can take up to 20 years of age for all the changes that happen during puberty to take place.

Puberty doesn't happen all at once — it happens in stages. So a girl may show some signs of puberty at an early age (like breasts beginning to grow), but may not show other signs of puberty until she is much older (like getting a period)."

Thanks for the info! I started very early (8-9-ish) and my doctor said I would stop around 16, might have miss recalled something. Thanks again for the info :smile:
  • ArtGeek22
    Options

you think milking all animals is harmful or just the large corporate farms? My girls (the goats) call to us to be milked. Their udders get very full and hurt if they are not milked on time. As a human milk machine (I have 8 children that I have breastfed) I know the same was true for me.

I just have problems with big corporate farms, I have no problems with small family farms since I find they treat their animals much more humanly than the corporate farms (space, medical problems, etc.) But in the end it is a personally choice and don't judge anyone if they consume animal products or not, since I don't want people judging me. I do understand people's love of dairy, I am the granddaughter of a former dairy farmer! (70+ years; now raises beef)

not judging just clarifying wherein your problem with milking animals lied. I am not a fan of the corporate farms myself. They are a big reason we raise our own animals. You keep doing what works for you. Peace.

Peace :flowerforyou:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

Certainly known people that had acne well into their 20s, which then started to clear up by it's self.

I'm 26 and my facial hair is straight up pathetic. My dad and my brother can grow beards but not this guy!
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Could your acne clearing up also be an effect of .. oh, I dont know .. you're 19, so .. the end of puberty?

No. You didn't.
    From Planned Parenthood:
    "When does puberty stop?
    It can take up to 20 years of age for all the changes that happen during puberty to take place.

Puberty doesn't happen all at once — it happens in stages. So a girl may show some signs of puberty at an early age (like breasts beginning to grow), but may not show other signs of puberty until she is much older (like getting a period)."

Thanks for the info! I started very early (8-9-ish) and my doctor said I would stop around 16, might have miss recalled something. Thanks again for the info :smile:

^ this ironically is probably related to hormones in milk. haha
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Let me say that I've done the research and know that milk isn't a requirement in the diet. If people are thinking that the calcium in it makes your bones stronger, it's a myth. While you do need calcium to help build bones, to make them stronger, you need to stress them. Usually exercise is the way to achieve this.
    Strength training is one of the BEST ways to increase bone density. And ice cream (the real stuff, who's first ingredient is "cream"), yogurt and cheese are yummy.
  • ArtGeek22
    Options

I'm 26 and my facial hair is straight up pathetic. My dad and my brother can grow beards but not this guy!

All I can say is all people are different, and also girls do mature differently than boys :tongue:
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hey, I can "believe" that watering plants with electrolytes will make them grow...but i don't have to start a thread on MFP about it now do I? And if I do I should be called out on it....

3okocl.jpg

ETA: DANGIT! Too slow!

Joe: Today, I step into the shoes of a great man. A man by the name of Dwayne Alezando Mountain Dew Herbert Comacho.
  • SRH7
    Options
    Strength training is one of the BEST ways to increase bone density. And ice cream (the real stuff, who's first ingredient is "cream"), yogurt and cheese are yummy.

FTW
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Rollin' rollin' rollin'
  • ArtGeek22
    Options
    Trust me, I am a very raitional person. I understand the dairy/meat industry plays an important role in the economy, in our culture, and can supply important nutrition for people who don't have ready access to fresh produce. Please don't make generalizations about me because of my eating choices :smile:
    My 2c worth: Take some supplemental B12 ... if you're eating a vegan diet you'll need it.

Thanks, I already do just to make sure :smile:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hey, I can "believe" that watering plants with electrolytes will make them grow...but i don't have to start a thread on MFP about it now do I? And if I do I should be called out on it....

3okocl.jpg

ETA: DANGIT! Too slow!

Joe: Today, I step into the shoes of a great man. A man by the name of Dwayne Alezando Mountain Dew Herbert Comacho.

idiocracy_money.jpg
  • SRH7
    Options
    Are we there yet?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    25173823.jpg

In for the roll :laugh:
  • SRH7