Replies

• MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Crap! I'm going home.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    alright that's all i wanted. time to work out.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    25173823.jpg

In for the roll :laugh:

newme1313...I love the profile pic!! Same is true for goats, chickens, and my children!! LOL
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Got a problem with milk?
    Take it up with Wolverine.

Wolverine.jpg
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    25173823.jpg

In for the roll :laugh:

newme1313...I love the profile pic!! Same is true for goats, chickens, and my children!! LOL

My two cats both look like that and they sit on either side of me in the morning so as I roll over one of them is glaring at me
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the information! I think it's really sad that someone can't state their opinions without being attacked on here. But I hope you know the ones who get so upset and think that their opinions are more valuable then yours are more than likely the unhappiest and most uneducated of us all. Thats what I remind myself whenever I see such bitter people getting so angry on here anyway :wink:
    I myself am trying to get off the dairy train......my aunt and uncle who have been farmers all of their lives hate to hear it. But for the most part this is proven for MY BODY- I feel better and my skin and hair looks better when I don't have much dairy.
    Thanks again for your input ! :flowerforyou:
    We ARE after all one of the only mammals that drink another animals milk into adulthood. Most animals STOP after infancy and you don't really see an adult elephant drinking from an adult giraffes breast. Just saying :drinker:

sorry, but the rest of us have a right to call BS whenever we want...

So you are saying that when someone posts what others think is garbage that it should not be refuted? interesting notion...

No, no I'm not saying that. I'm saying that people don't have to be MEAN. Whats the point? I'm pretty sure that if she posted it- she believes it to be true. I don't agree with a lot of things that people post- but I don't start arguing with them , I may state my opinion, nicely and then move onto a Topic that I agree with. I don't have to get people laughs and giggles while making someone else feel bad for posting what they believe to be fact.
    Ironic post is ironic!

IDK idiocy is idiocy ...and I feel a need to call it out..

Hey, I can "believe" that watering plants with electrolytes will make them grow...but i don't have to start a thread on MFP about it now do I? And if I do I should be called out on it....

Tisk tisk :indifferent: I'm so hurt. That's not very nice of you because you seem so smart and knowledgable. I would love to have you support me and not call out my "idiocy"

But ABBBBBBBSOLUTELY post away about your electrolytes that make plants grow. And it seems like you CAN start a post about it if you would like to. I'm sure there will be some really nice people who will disagree with your plant theory. I probably would. But chances are if I don't agree with it- I will just move on to a Topic that I do agree with. :smile:

Ahahaha and you say you're not or not meaning to be condescending... :laugh:
  • helyla
    Options
    Gone for an hour and a half and it rolled... damn it I missed it :cry:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, this is still going?
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    url-2_zps8e7eedca.jpeg

:laugh:
  • helyla
    Options
    url-2_zps8e7eedca.jpeg

bahahaa that's good :laugh:
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    goatmilk_zps73ff4f8e.jpg
    that's what I'm talking about!:drinker:
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the information! I think it's really sad that someone can't state their opinions without being attacked on here. But I hope you know the ones who get so upset and think that their opinions are more valuable then yours are more than likely the unhappiest and most uneducated of us all. Thats what I remind myself whenever I see such bitter people getting so angry on here anyway :wink:
    I myself am trying to get off the dairy train......my aunt and uncle who have been farmers all of their lives hate to hear it. But for the most part this is proven for MY BODY- I feel better and my skin and hair looks better when I don't have much dairy.
    Thanks again for your input ! :flowerforyou:
    We ARE after all one of the only mammals that drink another animals milk into adulthood. Most animals STOP after infancy and you don't really see an adult elephant drinking from an adult giraffes breast. Just saying :drinker:

sorry, but the rest of us have a right to call BS whenever we want...

So you are saying that when someone posts what others think is garbage that it should not be refuted? interesting notion...

No, no I'm not saying that. I'm saying that people don't have to be MEAN. Whats the point? I'm pretty sure that if she posted it- she believes it to be true. I don't agree with a lot of things that people post- but I don't start arguing with them , I may state my opinion, nicely and then move onto a Topic that I agree with. I don't have to get people laughs and giggles while making someone else feel bad for posting what they believe to be fact.
    Ironic post is ironic!

IDK idiocy is idiocy ...and I feel a need to call it out..

Hey, I can "believe" that watering plants with electrolytes will make them grow...but i don't have to start a thread on MFP about it now do I? And if I do I should be called out on it....

Tisk tisk :indifferent: I'm so hurt. That's not very nice of you because you seem so smart and knowledgable. I would love to have you support me and not call out my "idiocy"

But ABBBBBBBSOLUTELY post away about your electrolytes that make plants grow. And it seems like you CAN start a post about it if you would like to. I'm sure there will be some really nice people who will disagree with your plant theory. I probably would. But chances are if I don't agree with it- I will just move on to a Topic that I do agree with. :smile:

Ahahaha and you say you're not or not meaning to be condescending... :laugh:

Yes, I'm totally not mean!:laugh: :laugh: When and where have I been mean ever?? I'm being completely open and honest :love:
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options

That is sooooo not a fact. Adult animals will drink milk if they can get access to it. The thing is that humans are the only ones who have figured out how to do it effectively.

But... a lion would still drink the milk of a nursing caribou, probably before it would eat the meat, if its managed to catch one... do you know why? Because milk as an easy source of protein that you don't have to chew!

I must have missed that episode of animal kingdom.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm totally not mean!:laugh: :laugh: When and where have I been mean ever?? I'm being completely open and honest :love:

Hmm... I'm pretty sure this can be taken as "mean" :
    I hope you know the ones who get so upset and think that their opinions are more valuable then yours are more than likely the unhappiest and most uneducated of us all.
    BTW there's a difference between people stating an opinion/belief (dairy causes cancer, acne, blah blah) and people stating a fact (There is no evidence whatsoever dairy causes anything the OP stated it does.)

If people believe their opinion is correct, they should try to back it up with evidence - not say "google it". The scientific evidence is quite clear in this regard though - there is no validity to the assertion that dairy products cause any of the issues the OP states it does, and in certain cases consumption of dairy products is even negatively correlated with the issues/diseases, etc.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    If people believe their opinion is correct, they should try to back it up with evidence - not say "google it". The scientific evidence is quite clear in this regard though - there is no validity to the assertion that dairy products cause any of the issues the OP states it does, and in certain cases consumption of dairy products is even negatively correlated with the issues/diseases, etc.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDux3hYykZKwUYGf0MGE0naRumNkheUE8vmM8vEMvPw97NKuwwZw
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    WOW, can't believe this is still going strong ....LOL....
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Hmm... I'm pretty sure this can be taken as "mean" :
    I hope you know the ones who get so upset and think that their opinions are more valuable then yours are more than likely the unhappiest and most uneducated of us all.
    BTW there's a difference between people stating an opinion/belief (dairy causes cancer, acne, blah blah) and people stating a fact (There is no evidence whatsoever dairy causes anything the OP stated it does.)

:brokenheart: I would never be one to try and control how people "take" what I am saying. I just make certain that I am not MEAN. :flowerforyou:

I'm sure people can find "facts" on both sides. As I have stated several times before, people don't have to be mean to anyone and attempt to gain an audience of laughter while making another person feel bad for her opinion/fact/belief. It's also a "fact" that the OP has read, and believes studies that have shown these things to be TRUE to her, with scientific back up and I may very well be wrong but I'm sure she cited that several times in the beginning of this post.

Thank you kindly for educating me on the differences of people stating opinions and stating facts. I'm not sure how I made it through life/college without knowing that. :noway: It just boggles my mind. You just have to love all of the support on MFP :drinker: Thanks again!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

That is sooooo not a fact. Adult animals will drink milk if they can get access to it. The thing is that humans are the only ones who have figured out how to do it effectively.

But... a lion would still drink the milk of a nursing caribou, probably before it would eat the meat, if its managed to catch one... do you know why? Because milk as an easy source of protein that you don't have to chew!

I must have missed that episode of animal kingdom.

Bahahahahaha to people just making stuff up. Also, to lions and caribou ever meeting in the wild (geography 101)...But just so you know, predators catch and kill nursing prey all the time. They NEVER suckle from their catch, they rip it up and eat it. Thanks for the laugh, though! :laugh:
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Bahahahahaha to people just making stuff up. Also, to lions and caribou ever meeting in the wild (geography 101)...
    Kind of reminds me of the Coca cola commercial with polar bears and penguins enjoying a coke together in the snow... Uh ... what? Wrong for so many reasons, geography just being the 1st.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Before I started losing weight, I was drinking more than half a gallon of milk a day (about 12 cups) and eating at least a serving of cheese 1-3 meals or snacks a day. OP listed several conditions "linked" to dairy; if this were true, you'd think that I'd be the poster child for all that's wrong with dairy. Many of those "conditions" are kind of bogus - for example, low fat dairy in considered part of a healthy diet for diabetics; I have never heard dairy cited as a potential cause. Many people are sensitive to dairy, so naturally they would have diarrhea. My mom is sensitive to hydrogenated oils; that doesn't mean that they will give YOU the runs. (My mom has Ulcerative Colitis and is sensitive to many foods...but still, being sensitive to dairy is different from getting diarrhea because you're exposed to a dairy product.) How about acne and cramps? I eat or drink massive amounts of dairy 365 days a year, but my cramps and acne always come once a month, right around the time I get my period. Funny thing is, my mom also gets acne and cramps around her time of the month, but she only drinks water and can't really stomach dairy because of the IBS.

I realize that the dairy industry has its flaws, but at least milk comes from nature. So maybe, in your mind, I'm in denial. However, I'm far more concerned with companies pushing to add sucralose/Splenda to milk to increase sales. Not only would this ruin one of my true joys in life, but it is an unnatural substance that is digested differently from sugar, and according to a nutritionist I knew, it is linked to Multiple Sclerosis and holes in brain mass. (I haven't done my own research on that one, but if you want to take up a campaign....) OP, I know nothing about you except what you post on here, but it seems like you have beef with dairy - and that ain't Kosher! (Sorry...Jewish humor.) You seem to have a passion for bashin' my favorite food group, and trust me, dairy isn't the devil.

Just as a side note, I didn't want to open your link because I wasn't sure if it was trustworthy - BUT, it looks like a blog. That blog may be a reputable source, but generally, blogs are not a great resource.