Your most humiliating "fat" experience.

Options

Replies

• otterish
    otterish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Your husband sounds like a real asshat.

^^this

Boarded a plane and was greeting by an attendant who raised her voice and said, "Welcome aboard. Let me get you a seat belt extender."
    Instead of the throatpunch she so richly deserved, I asked her if she cut her hair like that on purpose.
    That was the longest two-hour flight in history.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I don't know if mine was humilitating but it was pretty embarrassing. I was at Wal Mart getting dog food when my shorts split AALLLLLL the way up the seam. I mean they could hear that rip 2 aisles away!!!! lol.............
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    1. Drunk homeless guy laughing yelling "Fat guy getting out of little car" as I got out of my s2000 at the gas station.

2. Stripping naked at boot camp to weigh in and see if I was part of the fat recruit club. They spray red stripes on the fat recruits sweat suits. luckily I was athletic enough that for some reason they decided I did not need the paint but I was informed I would be watched. Even though I was heavy I was still fast and strong so I never got the paint.
  • oliviabog
    oliviabog Posts: 101
    Options
    A few months back i was making progress with weight loss but struggling with running and someone shouted at me from their car. I'm glad I couldn't hear exactly what they said bit i know it was mean.

i quit running at that time. Took it up again a few months later and just completed a 9 k run today. I've learnt not to care, I'd have never accomplished anything if i continued letting it get to me.
  • HealthyFitGirl
    HealthyFitGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There were 2
    1. nice looking gentleman said one hot summer day "i hope it's a girl", i said it was boy 7years ago.
    2. i felt fabulous on my birthday and had my daughter take a picture. i sure did look pregnant and had her retake it from the chest up. i humiliated myself.

you may find some of the weight you're looking to lose may be the husband. his words (and the delivery) were hurtful and that's not our partner's job (or ours in return). you can't change people, only you (as evidenced by this journey we're all on), you can only decide if they're worth your valuable, precious time, space and energy.

last year for the first time in my life, i wore a 2 piece bathing suit. i realized it had nothing to do what others thought of me. i saw others that didn't have the "model" body wearing theirs with no problem and figured I had the problem worrying about others seeing me "less than model". bump that, i wore that sucker with pride, felt good in my head and at the end of the day, my mental space is the once that counts the most. so this year, i urge you, if you like the bathing suit, feel good in it, who effing cares what your husband, the beach or anyone else thinks. wear it and work it! good luck.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I think the worst was years ago when I was a junior in high school. I was prom dress shopping at a store called, 'Cache' , and the saleswoman basically asked me to leave the store because they didn't make dresses for people my size (I was an 18 then, and probably a 20-something dress size). She wouldn't even let me touch the gowns. I felt so low.

:flowerforyou: Hoo boy. This has happened to me too :ohwell: I was a wee bit older so I can't imagine how hurtful it might have been to be treated like that at such a tender age. I do recall the confusion though.
  • colleenptts
    Options
    OHHHH.... that is sooo sad... We all have some issues we need to work on. Don't let that one nasty comment ruin it forever. And I would tell you, to look around that beach and see what other people have on, no can look nice with out looking trashy. They make bathing suits for every size now. I will never be that person at the water park in a shirt and shorts again... never!!!

GOOD LUCK !!!! and keep up the good work!!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    All I can think is, you married this man why?

DITTO.
  • HealthyFitGirl
    HealthyFitGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OMG, I would've laughed hysterically at myself. This is a true "Fat Bottomed Girl" moment and I would've laughed all the way down the slow slide ride lol. True, it was an indicator just maybe I might want to do something about it but I would've laughed and laughed.
  • barbiegirl052
    Options
    exactly!! when i met my husband i was a very sexy 145 ( im very curvey) after i had my daughter i was a very NOT sexy 220lbs that i could not get off!! and my husband never once said a thing about it im not down to one 155 and i ask him why didnt you say anything he says you look beautiful an anysize if my husband told me i look disgusting id tell him to kick rocks!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Once when I was running after having only lost maybe my first 20 pounds or so and some guys drove by in a car and one of them yelled, "Get it girl!! (insert long pause) THUNDER THIGHS!!!!" I put on a mean face and ran harder. They can suck it.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i was at a party and infront of everyone, a guy says "hey you're pretty fat hey?"
    i left the party crying.
    basically anything that happened to me in jr high.
    an ex phoned me on canada day drunk just to tell me how fat i've gotten.

yup, being fat sucks.

ps: your husband sounds like a jerk.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    You married a jerk.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Wow that was mean of your husband, I'm sorry. He could have been nicer and just said it wasn't flattering or whatever.

Anyway.. my worst moment was when I realized that the 'cute' swimsuit I had worn all summer was actually a maternity suit. I partly thank my bad eyesight for that because it said maternity right on the tag that was sewn in! At least I don't LOOK pregnant anymore. LOL
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    hmmmm 2 I guess... first was when some of the rollercoasters at ceader point were not doable for me... and then once when I was walking to my car at a restaurant with my ex, a couple drove by and the guy said to get my fat *kitten* out of the way - his gf quickly followed up with other fat insults... lol honestly the rollercoaster denial was worse because at least i knew the people throwing insults were just wastes of life...
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Once when I was running after having only lost maybe my first 20 pounds or so and some guys drove by in a car and one of them yelled, "Get it girl!! (insert long pause) THUNDER THIGHS!!!!" I put on a mean face and ran harder. They can suck it.

You GO girl! :flowerforyou:
  • zaxaz
    zaxaz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You married a jerk.

Your future ex-husband.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    When one of my friends daughter asked if i was having another baby... pretty bad!!!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    100 lbs ago......anal seepage. Not anymore and a major motivator. Now, go find a barb bag, but you asked. :laugh: :noway: :sad:
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    humiliating? um....i'm so confused.....he did this, said this....this was your most humiliating experience...and yet you walked down the aisle & said "i do?" REALLY? um....food is a band aide...sure....i get it, been there, done that, fight that battle daily....but having someone treat you like crap and get away with it? Wow. you have taught him that it's acceptable.....that's on you. When you decided you deserve more you'll make some changes.....good luck.