What's on your bookshelf at the moment?

Options

Replies

• LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Sweet Mandarin by Helen Tse.

51WArsqQV0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I started reading Gone Girl months ago. I haven't had time to finish it. The only thing I've been reading lately is textbooks :sad:
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Am currently re-re-re-reading "The Great Gatsby" F. Scott Fitzgerald. Wanted to read it 1 more time before I ruin it with a movie.

:-)
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Currently reading:
    A Storm of Swords (Book 3 of A Song of Ice and Fire) - George R.R. Martin'
    The Rising Tide - Jeff Shaara
    The Uncommon Life Daily Challenge - Tony Dungy (this is a one-page per day read)

Plenty more on the bookshelf ...
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My list of to read is massively long, but very eclectic.Especially when you add up my "real books" at home and my library on my E-reader :laugh:

I am currently reading:
    And Another Thing by Eion Colfer - it was written to be a book 6 in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Not as good as Douglas Adams, but not too bad.
    The Devil's Star by Jo Nesbo - it was a recommended author to read after Steig Larson. The story is pretty good, but the formatting on the electronic version isn't great, the spacing between the changes in thought isn't always clear.
    The Invisible Man by HG Wells, pretty good, but takes a bit to get immersed in it
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Just bought Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. Can't wait til City of Bones comes to theaters!
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    I am almost finished with "V is for Vengeance" by Sue Grafton. Then, I will probably move onto Jonathan Kellerman's "Deception".
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    On my bookshelves there are a hundred or so books that I've read and love enough to keep. Now on my nightstand is a different story. I'm currently reading:

Wool by Hugh Howey
    Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
    Year Zero by Rob Reid
    Bossypants by Tina Fey
    And now also - World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks

Man, I better get off of here and start reading. I have a lot of book reports due.
  • GasnotGas
    GasnotGas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Halfway through A confederacy of dunces by John Kennedy, enjoying every page.
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    All but done with Moby D1ck now, and I have to say it has been rather entertaining, a fascinating view into history, and a great piece of literature...Very much looking forward to getting my teeth into Mary Shelley's Frankenstein!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    World War Z.

Someone lent it to me tonight. I read it straight the way through instead of sleeping.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    "Gods and Monsters" by Christopher Bram
    "Cannery Row" by John Steinbeck
    "The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome" by Tony Atwood

I'm also waiting for "Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls" to come out.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    James Lee Burke!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Culture of Make Believe by Derrick Jensen, then finish the game of thrones books. The 4th one is so blah halfway through.
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Culture of Make Believe by Derrick Jensen, then finish the game of thrones books. The 4th one is so blah halfway through.

The GoT books are awesome, but they do get a bit slow occasionally. I love seeing the evolution of the characters though.

Currently reading:
    A stack of books about the Sahara desert as research for a story I'm writing
    Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott (almost done and LOVE it)
    Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (almost done and don't love it. Not a huge fan of Austen)
    Short stories by Philip K. **** (a bunch of them are free on my phone. PKD is pretty awesome.)
  • subconscious_ink
    Options
    All but done with Moby D1ck now, and I have to say it has been rather entertaining, a fascinating view into history, and a great piece of literature...Very much looking forward to getting my teeth into Mary Shelley's Frankenstein!

Frankenstein is a pretty great book. Reading it always makes me a little sad though. Can't help but feel for the poor monster.
  • subconscious_ink
    Options
    I'm currently reading Sweet Mandarin by Helen Tse.

51WArsqQV0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Now on my 'to read' list :)

If you like this, you might like the novel Shanghai Girls by Lisa See.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    a bunch of flex, M&F magazines oh and the arnold bodybuilding encyclopedia
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am currently re-reading "The Cat Who Looked at the Sky" by Thea Welsh for the 7th time in 5 years. It's honestly one of the best books I have ever read!

Also reading "Once I was a Princess" by Jacqueline Gillespie, and "The Tailor of Panama" by John Le Carre. I like to have a few books on the go at once :)