What's on your bookshelf at the moment?

Options

Replies

• AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just finished Enchanter's End Game by David Eddings.
    A few pages into The Quest by Wilbur Smith
    The Bible

On my Kindle I am also reading:
    Until Forever, Darlene Shortridge
    Created to be his Helpmeet, Debra Pearl
    The Orange Fairy Book, Andrew Lang (collection of short stories)
    The Humorous Poetry of the English, from Chaucer to Saxe
    How to Publish an Ebook on a Budget, Stephanie Zia

Fascinating reading lists being shared :)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Reading the 6th book in the Kushiel's Legacy series.

Can't wait to finish... I am going to read The Alchemist next!

Favorite authors are Rand, Hesse, & McCarthy. Have most of their books on ze old bookshelf. :)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Working on 2 different ones of short stories......The complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft....The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe
    Am alternating books with each story that I read.

H.P. Lovecraft is amazing!!! I just finished The Call of Cthulhu And Other Weird Stories. Next for me is Jules Verne... Whichever one comes first on my Kindle.

I will tell you another one you may want to have a look at if you haven't already, Metamorphosis (a collection of stories) by Franz Kafka. It is quite dark in places but also fantastically well written.

Love love LOVE Kafka.
  • k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Options
    The Hobbit and The New Rules of Lifting for Women
  • arcaneshadowcat
    Options
    I have many things on my bookshelf, however as I am a student, I am currently reading "Water flow in soils" and a variety of other similar books. I am waiting for a break so I can pick up one of my Laurell K Hamilton books again, and a classmate gave me a copy of 'The hobbit'.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    when the air hits your brain....Frank Vertosick (2nd or 3rd read)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I decided to try finishing Storm of Swords. Also reading The Infernals by John Connolly and The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting.
  • Tabby1216
    Tabby1216 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So, I finished Beautiful *kitten* by Christina Lauren and have now started Daughter of Light by V.C. Andrews. We shall see how that goes...I used to be a fan of V.C. Andrews, but I have not been too impressed with her books the last few years.

I LOVE READING!!!
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wise Man's Fear!!!!!!!!!
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    About to re read the last couple of laurel k hamiltons "Anita Blake series" to get ready for the newest one coming out in June
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of unread books on my Kindle. Now trying to read some classics that I've never read. "Little Women" is my current one.
  • myriddian
    myriddian Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just finished Enchanter's End Game by David Eddings.
    A few pages into The Quest by Wilbur Smith
    The Bible

My god I loved that series, cried at the end though!
    Been a long time, Currently I'm taking a long time to read anything but working my way through A song of ice and fire atm
    Also have the new Jodi Picoult loaded up and ready to go.
    Recently convinced my other half to read Odd Thomas so may re-read that for some dinner conversation
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have many things on my bookshelf, however as I am a student, I am currently reading "Water flow in soils" and a variety of other similar books. I am waiting for a break so I can pick up one of my Laurell K Hamilton books again, and a classmate gave me a copy of 'The hobbit'.

I feel your pain I graduated last year in Environmental science (BSc) at times it was painful but worth it in the long run! I still have all my books at home in the UK they cost me a small fortune and I swore that one day I would sit down and read them cover to cover.....That day is yet to come! lol best of luck with your studies!
  • regosaki
    Options
    Well this week I read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, and I absolutely LOVED IT! It is NOTHING like the succession of terrible films they made about it....Brilliantly written and unputdownable!

I also had a chance to read the collected poems and short stories of Edgar Alan Poe, and I am currently working my way through the Fairy tales of Hans Christian Anderson, which I have to declare, has seriously got me hooked, these stories are supposed to be for children yet their subject matter is sooooooo dark!!!! As an example I never knew the REAL ending to "The Little Mermaid" was so tragic, I don't want to spoil it too much for anyone planning on reading it, but it certainly differs from the sugary DISNEY version!!! LOL!!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Oddly I have tons of books I need to get read, but I am currently thumbing through a cute little pocket book a good friend gave me called God's Best for a Father's Success. Nice. tidy inspiriations.
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    I have everything Dean Koontz has ever written. Love his work!!
  • regosaki
    Options
    Well my reading goal for this coming week is to finish reading Hans Christian Anderson's Fairy stories, which I am very much enjoying.

Then read Louis Carrol's Alice's Adventures in wonderland, and then move on to some heavier reading.....

I have a trilogy of books by John Paul Satre which are burning a hole in my bookshelf, so if all goes well I shall venture into those at some point later in the week......

How about everyone else, where are you reading wise?
  • ShyGirl89
    ShyGirl89 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a bunch at one time. I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series, also re-reading The Vampire Chronicles and Dracula. Finished reading Love Is Strange a while ago. Frankenstein is next on my list as well.
  • regosaki
    Options
    I'm reading a bunch at one time. I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series, also re-reading The Vampire Chronicles and Dracula. Finished reading Love Is Strange a while ago. Frankenstein is next on my list as well.

I REALLY enjoyed Frankenstein it was brilliant!

I have still to finish Hans Christian Anderson's Fairy stories, today I picked up "The Secret History of Paris" by Andrew Hussey and I must say, I have found it fascinating!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Guilty Wives by James Patterson.